It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old boy killed in wood chipper accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

A 6-year-old Connecticut boy was killed in a tragic accident involving a wood chipper early Tuesday.
Jeffrey Bourgeois, 6, was helping his father clear brush in a client's yard in Salem, Conn., when his arm got stuck in the chipper, state police said.
"The youngest child attempted to help his father and when his father's back was turned, he picked a branch up and fed it into the chipper when he was pulled into the chipper," State Police Lt. Paul Vance said.

The father owns a tree removal service and brought his three children to the house where he was performing tree work. Police received a 911 call at 8:45 a.m. reporting that reporting a child had been seriously injured in the yard of a private home.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

What a nightmare!

I want to say this man was negligible for purposely having his children around the dangerous machinery. I suppose maybe the children were only supposed to collect the branches for the father to put into the chipper, but knowing children, they will do it if they want to when your back is turned.
So much can happen in just a moment of looking the other way.

This poor father will have to live with this the rest of his life. If it were me, I'd have a mental breakdown and probably never recover.

edit on 11-4-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Tragic ... the father will have to live with this the rest of his life.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This isn't news and to show the family respect stop talking about it on some forum board. If you knew the person it's different but the Media shows news like this...Not ATS. Not me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I think it's time I took a break from ATS for awhile. Stories like these keep getting posted, and they just make me sick to my stomach.

Peace out everyone.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
This isn't news and to show the family respect stop talking about it on some forum board. If you knew the person it's different but the Media shows news like this...Not ATS. Not me.

It's in general chitchat not news? Why are you even reading this if it isnt for you? The OP did nothing wrong but post a tragic story? Sad, but this is real life.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is exactly why I choose not to work around with wood chippers at work. Everything should be fed into the machine by machine not by hand. Branches snag onto clothing, gloves, and pull you right in. Sometimes the safety bars just don't cut it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry for depressing anyone here, and not meaning to disrespect the family.

I just think it's a good reminder to THINK about what we are subjecting children to, and that our eyes cannot be on our children at all times.

We have to think ahead, and consider the possibilities of what could happen.

top topics

join