It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Christians in Iran await verdicts after Easter Sunday Apostasy Trial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Thank you by the way... I know its hard to do things other people disagree with, because the disagreement is strong force.

Since you are wanting to learn in effort to make your own judgements I commend that. It is what we should all try to do, gain knowledge and understanding before outright condemnation. If you disagree after this is anyones right.

You should understand a few things about the position Iran is in. She is being hit from all sides with severe criticism. It seems nothing she does pleases anyone in the entire world. Sunni countries and their clerics continually condemn Iran for not being 'Islamic enough" (see sex change operations for one such example) and from the west for being too Islamic. Shi'a of the world are currently criticizing her for not keeping them safe from being slaughtered in their countries (see Pakistan) To the world not one thing Iran does is good enough for them.

In the face of all this, all Iran can do, is what is best for her. Iran has to ignore what everyone has to say, and do what is best for the people she is trying to govern, to the best of her knowledge and ability. Iran is not perfect, and I do not say she is, I will say that Iran is doing a tremendous job in the face of adversity, succeeding at something not been done in excess of a thousand years, and making it applicable in our times.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I give Jameela a few stars for making clear how this is perceived in Iran and possibly other theocracies.

And Jameela would know because she is Iranian? Ow wait, no.

Jameela would know because she is in touch with the regular people? Ow wait, no.

Jameela is parroting the Islamic regime's stance word for word. There are no regular Iranians that think the way Jameela is saying they think.

I have a better understanding now of how they think and to that I am thankful and will award a few stars.

Of how the Islamic regime thinks? Could you not have opened youtube and watched demonstrations? Floggings? Hangings? Stonings? That's how they think!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

You should understand a few things about the position Iran is in. She is being hit from all sides with severe criticism.

Lets see...sanctions because the asshat mullahs do not know how to behave. Check.

It seems nothing she does pleases anyone in the entire world.

Killing and threatening students and protestors, people who switch religions...check.

Sunni countries and their clerics continually condemn Iran for not being 'Islamic enough"

Who in their right minds would care what a Sunni country has to say? Secularize first, then we can take you serious.

and from the west for being too Islamic.

Jee, I wonder why?! Could it have something to do with ehmm the torture and imprisonment of people?

Shi'a of the world are currently criticizing her for not keeping them safe from being slaughtered in their countries

Because the Shi'a of the world are dumb enough to count on Iran, a theocracy that kills its own women and youth, to keep them safe? Kind of a retarded notion to hold, but okay...

To the world not one thing Iran does is good enough for them.

First things first, you are deflecting here. This matter is about 12 Christians being sentenced to death in Iran...for apostacy. Of course this is not good for the world and neither is it for Iran or Iranians.

In the face of all this, all Iran can do, is what is best for her. Iran has to ignore what everyone has to say, and do what is best for the people she is trying to govern, to the best of her knowledge and ability. Iran is not perfect, and I do not say she is, I will say that Iran is doing a tremendous job in the face of adversity, succeeding at something not been done in excess of a thousand years, and making it applicable in our times.

You are not Iranian. Stop with the grandeur talk. There are people starving in Iran. There are old women fasting because they simply do not have enough to eat every day. Unemployment rate and inflation are CRAZY. Do you wonder why the theocracy is crumbling? Of course not, you're religiously delusional so when the men in robes and turbans say: "Everything is fine, go back to sleep, if not, your religious government will torture you to sleep". You only read "Everything is fine". Just like a nice little indoctrinated sheep. Béééh.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I looked at his/her profile. Jameela has already gotten three 'applauses'.
*Everyone duck while InfoKartels head explodes over that information. *

It's one thing to speak in defense of nuclear power for the people in Iran.

It's a whole different matter to speak in defense of the theocracy...Khamenei and Khomenei...not a single Iranian would do this! But here we have an Arab from the US who doesn't quite understand the phenomenon of "distance decay". So she/he is projecting the freedoms he/she has in the US, on Iran, simply because the theocracy keeps repeating there is "democracy" and "freedom of religion"...while no such thing exists. Oh and, because she/he, as a Muslim, believes Muslims are at war with the West and Westerners. Doesn't make sense!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The truth of the matter is that here in the U.S. we do have freedom of religion and no one gets killed for converting to something else.

The key difference (in this respect) between the U.S. and Iran, of course, is that in Iran the Religious fringe element is in charge...they make the laws, they employ the police force(s), they run the prisons...and they build the gallows.

In America, if some religious loony kills someone else because of a religious difference of opinion - they are considered a criminal, and are prosecuted. In Iran, if an Islamic loony sentences someone to death for a similar difference - they are considered on the side of the law.

Since the regime is Islamic by declaration - acts that would subtract from that essence (ie. subtracting from the total number of Muslims), are considered the criminal acts...not the killing of free thinkers who decide that they prefer another faith's teachings over those of Islam.

This is why, in any modern civilized state, there must be separation of church and state and freedom to worship (or not) according to individual conscience.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

The only choice Iran would have to be free is to throw a revolution and basically outlaw Islam. If their Theocracy is a fringe element how'd they get into power in the first place, using money? This is what i believe and this is coming from a christian, the government should not be a theocracy whatsoever and there should be equal numbers of lawmakers and legislators from all walks of life, religious, secular whatever because it gives objectivity. Yet at the same time there should maintain both seperation of church and state and freedom of religion, and freedom of religion includes public places and public schools. Children should have the right to pray in school if they wish.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don’t think that will happen. The Supreme Leader will never give up so easy, and why should he when the laws and the religion are in his favor. I would think that in the event of a revolution you would be more likely to see a north and south Iran. However, anything is possible; the things happening in the world today are beyond me. Best-case scenario, they take all the dark aged Islamic oppressionists and use them as cannon fodder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join