It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. To the OP: I recommend uploading a few of the other photos you took in which the object does not appear. If you do, critics will have to counter that you took those extra photos knowing someone was going to ask for them, which would just be silly.

Upload those other pics, my friend, or you will get nowhere with this bunch.

link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

I hope that you pooch recovers asap

link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by getreadyalready
It couldn't have been a thrown object in the air for 20 seconds, unless maybe you looked away, it fell to the ground and then it was back when you looked back. Who knows? It was unidentified to you, so it was a UFO, you told your story boldly, you answered the critics, you've remained civil, you're a hero in my eyes! This UFO forum is rough business!

No. Unless, of course, you threw the same or similar 'objects' into the air, camera poised, at various intervals.

I'd personally be interested in the number of pics taken that got 'deleted' 'cause they just didn't seem 'real'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know if this has been mentioned, BUT ...

The size of the 'object/craft' doesn't change throughout all three shots, which should tell you it is relatively small 8"-10" inches in diameter, at best, and relatively close to the camera lense at the same time.

That, and the overall trajectory of these 'three photos' show and apparent launch, ascent and decline ... despite being taken at different times in an attempt to garner 'effect'.

I'm not one who typically calls BS here on the boards ... but ... Yeah.

edit on 4/11/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

you're right ...if it was really high up the distance between the 13:41:15 and 13:41:16 shots wouldn't be significant.its unlikely that the object was moving really fast at high altitude because depth of field would be perceivable ....but its not, the object seems to be awkwardly wobbling above the houses, which means its really small

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You need not be nasty about the dog. The Vet. reported the dog showed high levels of Phosphor
and in the OP he/she alludes to the fact the pooch had not been ill and seemed to become ill
during or immediately after the appearance of the UFO.
Did the dog get sick because of the UFO ?
In a through investigation, All things must be taken into account
It is part of the incident.

until we even can prove this is a ufo, the incident with the dog is a moot point. so far, IMO, this is not a UFO. it is either an app or an object purposely flown into the air.

the dog is a distraction to the story IMO.....

take it or leave it.

And what was the title of the op thread again ?

saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick,

Not a moot point.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think you hit the nail square on the head in that post. And that's why many of these threads are never resolved satisfactorily. But at least some are.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by jesiaha

The OP mentioned snapping many photos at 1 second intervals and that not all of the pic's came out.
only those 3 were satisfactory.

exactly why its adding to the suspicions that its fake

As for the pie pan, it is quite high in the air. Could you through a pie pan that high?
They are not Freebee's and could not fly as such.

lol yes I could

Try it,try to get a pie pan up that high by throwing it. Won't work

exactly why Its something similar to a cake pan...they don't glide as well lol which is obvious by the photos.

Hey I wouldn't use a frisbee to fake a UFO either...a metallic object is much better, you know, for that spiffy reflection

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The third pic the OP posted, you can see a direct TV dish at the bottom. To me it gives perspective as the object being 1) high up, and 2) behind the houses. In my opinion the object is bigger than 8-10".

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

THAT IS POSSIBLE????????????????? I'm never posting another picture online again. I had no idea that could happen, what is EXIF?

As far the UFO goes, I think the OP should post the original file without reducing the size thru emailing.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kctornado
reply to post by PhoenixOD

THAT IS POSSIBLE????????????????? I'm never posting another picture online again. I had no idea that could happen, what is EXIF?

EXIF = Exchangeable Image File Format

As far the UFO goes, I think the OP should post the original file without reducing the size thru emailing.

This has been said many many times. And it's good advice. But few ever listen.

edit on 4/11/2012 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

For the second time,
When did you notice your dog being sick (appox. time)?
When did you bring it to the vet?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

I dont know why you have covered your address in the pictures. The GPS data in your photos shows your exact address on google maps.

Quoted just incase you dont see it the first time, the geotags from your iphone are still in the data meaning anyone can pull up your exact address.

I just had a look round your area on google maps to see if anything hanging from a lampost or such looked similar but didn't find anything

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To those saying OP answered all questions...my questions regarding any conversations that may or may not have ensued between the neighbor or the veterinarian were never addressed.

As well, a photographer would easily be able to remain stationary if another individual was throwing an object in the air. For as many takes as it required...even if there were 20 or so seconds between takes as it were. Thus allowing for only the most convincing pics to be presented.

Regardless of the OP's apparent creditabilty, Occum's Razor will always be more creditable imo, especially if evidence supports it. Personally, I have seen more evidence presented to support it being fake than I have of it being an alien craft.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kctornado

Yeah its a risk if you are taking pic's with an iphone or any other smart phone with GPS services or tracking. In the case of the Iphone you should switch 'off location' services if you dont want the GPS location of the pic to be included in the EXIF data of the image.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't have an iphone so I dont know how the ufo app works, but heres one of the standard ufo groups that it uses pasted next to your one.

As I said I dont have the app so I dont know if you can change angle / light or whatever

Edit to add. heres the pics that come with the app as far as i know

edit on 11-4-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I don't know if this has been mentioned, BUT ...

The size of the 'object/craft' doesn't change throughout all three shots, which should tell you it is relatively small 8"-10" inches in diameter, at best, and relatively close to the camera lense at the same time.
Far as I can tell, object2's signature is smaller than the other two shots, object1 is the largest. Look again closely.

Ricky, if you're reading this I recommend not uploading any more pictures. It will not really satisfy anyone, and they will ask you for even more information. Before you know it you'll end up naked in the street slapping the sidewalk like that Kony 2012 producer from the endless barrage of questions.

Three pictures with exif data should be enough for photographic experts to determine it's authenticity.

I appreciate you sharing what you have with us. I see you were oriented NNE/NE taking the shots... I do wonder if the object appeared to be as far away or further than that Emergency Management tower in the background, or closer. Anyway...

I find it interesting that from these three shots, members are speculating as to it's size and distance. How are you determining size from these pictures?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

So it's NONE of the ufos in your app. Cross that app off.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by davespanners

So it's NONE of the ufos in your app. Cross that app off.

It looks pretty damn close to the group of three that dave put in his pic.

Guess I may be taking that "benefit of the doubt" back and back to being skeptical.

Well done Dave.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sure it's "close," but it isn't them, it isn't even one of them, and it isn't any of the other ones either, and the photos haven't been altered, so if it wasn't digitally added immediately upon snapping it, then it was a real object that he witnessed and photo'd.

Still don't think it was aliens, but I do think he saw something, snapped a pic, and then started worrying about his dog.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by studio500
I hate to sound the sceptic but when I run these through an animated gif editor I see a dramatic change in the objects rotational movement which just looks kind of odd to me.

It looks like it has been thrown in the air and is spinning around but that doesn't appear to fit into your account as you obviously had time to reach for your camera, focus and shoot.

I'm not going to call either way but heres the pic.

and a slower version of same

edit on 11-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

thank you for this...so either its an app...or something thrown in the air...

What?

That's a real open and enquiring mind you have there...

Might as well move to the next thread then, the moderator has solved the case, there's no third option, none at all apparently.

The OP threw a tin can, frisbee or pie tin or is tricking the forum with a phone app generated image of ufo, not an honest member trying to share images of a sighting of an unusual aerial craft at all then?

I'm amazed this website is still getting sponsorship with staff attitudes like that.

Unless the sponsors have an interest in rubbishing all UFO sightings too of course.

Thanks for making the effort OP, but you were always going to be flogging a dead horse...even if you'd snapped the ET's waving at you from a porthole.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join