It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Why isn't everyone able to obviously see the very clear visual indications within the photos themselves that SCREAM hoax?

This is exactly how I feel about the JPZ thread I linked. Also, this thread right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13905962#pid13905962

And yet neither of them are banned or modded.

This thread I posted has now been labeled a hoax, but Human Alien has not been banned...the plot thickens...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
45 pages later...

*Please note in the future*

If you post three daytime pictures of a UFO taken over a major American city.

Then you claim the craft was there long enough to get your camera and take three pictures.

Nobody else reported this object.

To make your case more believable you use the old sick puppy distraction.

Then as a member here for quite awhile, you decide to post this story?

You have to know there are going to be questions. You know you will be called out.

ATS is a tough crowd. That's the way it has to be. We wont be played for fools.

I was not there. Maybe the Aliens did photon ray his little puppy.

In the future people better expect questions.

I feel like the Mods and site owner did the right thing....

Just one members opinion.
edit on 14-4-2012 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Surgery went successfull, patient dead

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
reply to post by nenothtu

For me this is not about belief, it's about a sane and courteous discussion that was not allowed to happen because so many jumped on the debunking bandwagon before questions to the OP could be asked and answered, and he left disgusted, which I don't blame him for. It was ugly and uncalled for. I'm not convinced beyond any doubt by the photographic analysis or the iphone time stamp crap...too bad it had to go this way. I liked Ricky.

I also like the dog.

He left because he was caught red handed trying to make a fool of us.
I think he didn't bargain for how quickly his pathetic hoax was dissected and shown for what it was.

Therefore he knew the game was up and went into hiding.

I say good riddance to a time waster, a hoaxer and a lier.

harsh but true.
edit on 14-4-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

and remember UFOs don't exist so don't bother posting photos of them as they will straight away be assumed to be fake and any and all anomalies in your story will be seized upon as proof of your hoax, regardless of any other explanations. If there are no anomalies your story will simply be deemed 'hoax not yet proven'

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
reply to post by whyamIhere

and remember UFOs don't exist so don't bother posting photos of them as they will straight away be assumed to be fake and any and all anomalies in your story will be seized upon as proof of your hoax, regardless of any other explanations. If there are no anomalies your story will simply be deemed 'hoax not yet proven'

All I am saying is...

You can't get butt-hurt when people start asking questions.

As soon as we knew his real name....He was gone.

Just Saying.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
...but Human Alien has not been banned...the plot thickens...

The Obama hoax originated elsewhere, not by ATS member "Human Alien." We don't ban members for such mistakes... unless a member has a habit of consistently posting pranks and hoaxes found elsewhere.

Our long-standing policy has always been clear -- if an ATS member fabricates and posts a hoax, their account will be banned.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wasn't sure anymore. The more I looked at this the more messed up it became. I took the true order of the pics and put them together here. Every frame is 1 second. Knowing picture 3 is really 20 seconds from pic 2 is bugging me to know end. In order to make this .GIF be more accurate in time with pic 3, I would have to insert twenty more frames.

10 seconds shy of half a minute is quite a long time. Even if it with air resistance on its way down.
The speed of free fall without air resistance is 32.2 f/s

The strength of the gravitational field is numerically equal to the acceleration of objects under its influence, and its value at the Earth's surface, denoted g, is approximately expressed below as the standard average. g = 9.81 m/s2 = 32.2 ft/s2 This means that, ignoring air resistance, an object falling freely near the Earth's surface increases its velocity by 9.81 m/s (32.2 ft/s or 22 mph) for each second of its descent.

Source

Knowing 20 seconds are missing, we can calculate 32.2 x 20 = 644 feet
Did someone throw a pie pan 644 feet up in the air? Impossible. But alas! while trying to discredit my own math and logic and play devil's advocate, I realized something in the process. If picture 2 is falling at a speed equal to the time stamp, this would make it only 64 feet in the air. Assuming the speed of tossing something in the air is roughly equal to the velocity of it coming down. So therefore, picture heights A (1,2) do not match up with picture heights B (2, 3). This gives plenty of time to do it again for the last picture and shows that the first pic (last one of the sequence) is a completely separate incident. I know for some of you this is already self-evident, but by doing the math it really makes itself clear. We can never fully judge our own perception, but the math never lies.

I am now of the opinion that this is fake and the thread labeled justly.

edit on 14-4-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sure, let get in OP shoes for a second

You post pictures on ATS, and explain your story
Then people, before analyzing anythings, calls you a liar and hoaxer

then you get banned and your thread in the hoax bin

AND, to humiliate OP a little more some of you decide to harass him on twitter

heh and you expect a polite answer from OP?

Seriously, some of you people are beyond stupidity

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp

I gotta admit that the people who went and harassed him on twitter are pretty mature and must feel pretty tall in their big boy pants

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Sorry for the delay. I was in the hospital Thur. and still recovering. Thanks for the reply.

Intrptr, at this point this thread has little to do with being a hoax or not. People come here wondering " is their life on other planets,and might these aliens pass by here time to time."

Yes and Yes. I have seen them, I am a believer. I am not debunking extraterrestrials, just point out problems with evidence as I see it (thereby debunking some). I come here to review evidence. I want to see what I saw in video, pics, drawings or eyewitness testimony. I want to confirm what it is I saw thru common experience. My experience is decades ago and I have since then studied oodles of "evidence" looking for the truth like everyone else. That is my expertise and I will use it here or anywhere. I do not smack anybody around in this regard, just looking hard at the evidence as presented.

This is ATS. The best diggers and truth seekers there are. That I know of anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

reply to post by jesiaha

I am absolutely disgusted at the level of harassment that took place on twitter and am embarrassed for my fellow ATS members.

Clearly this sort of harassment should be reported to the authorities, I am seriously considering contacting the FBI Cyber Crimes unit about this.

For shame ATS, for shame...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There are a lot of pork pie hat disks or Rex Heflin type disks showing up these days.
Can't say if its the new shape that must be over done to make it unreasonable to think
such a craft can exist or not but they don't approach anything identifiable.

The far right pic looks like the hat ship is upside down.
The far right is disk shaped.
Perhaps it flipped in the middle.

Can these ships flip and spiral and speed along with 90 degree turns.
Thats quite amazing.

edit on 4/15/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by AnonyWarp

reply to post by jesiaha

I am absolutely disgusted at the level of harassment that took place on twitter and am embarrassed for my fellow ATS members.

Clearly this sort of harassment should be reported to the authorities, I am seriously considering contacting the FBI Cyber Crimes unit about this.

For shame ATS, for shame...

And my statement to the OP on twitter is NO DIFFERENT than someone researching a doctor, a journalist who publishes a story, a professor who comments on a story posted here on ATS. Tell me what was harassing about my frigging post to him on twitter?! Harassment? Get over yourself. Read my comment to him again, and research how many people here on ATS do their own research and follow up to debunk a story.

Not MY fault another poster POSTED his real name, here on ATS, and mentioned he has a twitter account. The OP was BANNED, and I wanted to show him support and give him an outlet to post a comment through me. It's called digging for the truth. Report me to the cyber crimes unit? For what?! Giving him support and a way to post a comment on a thread that was out of control?

Christ buddy....

You sure didn't have the same furvor towards the ATS member who was calling dead 9-11 victims families to question if they were "real families" through phone numbers he found in time magazine, and made a thread about it.

edit on 15-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Pssst... amongus, my post was 100% sarcasm.
Honestly I have no clue what AnonyWarp or jesiaha are talking about. There was no harassment.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha

I gotta admit that the people who went and harassed him on twitter are pretty mature and must feel pretty tall in their big boy pants

Show me the harassment on twitter pal. You need to crack open a dictionary and look at the definition of harassment. What was harassing about the tweet to him?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Pssst... amongus, my post was 100% sarcasm.
Honestly I have no clue what AnonyWarp or jesiaha are talking about. There was no harassment.

My bad, but I'm fired up over this. Pure bs saying he was harassed on twitter.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Harass him on twitter my ass. Giving him a chance to reply since he was banned, and the thread was in chaos.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I agree. I think people just skim the thread and don't really read everything, and something like "contacting him on twitter" gets twisted into "harassing him on twitter".

Now I'm going to go read that 9/11 thread you mentioned, that sounds horrible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

I agree. I think people just skim the thread and don't really read everything, and something like "contacting him on twitter" gets twisted into "harassing him on twitter".

Now I'm going to go read that 9/11 thread you mentioned, that sounds horrible.

That thread was brutal.....absolutely horrified at what the op was doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47 >>

join