It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 41
74
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lke123
I have seen other threads marked as hoaxs. I bet that someone in here don't want that people knows the true about something.

I vote that the admin that marked this thread as a hoax and ban the OP, get his admin rights removed because doing this.

When people make errors they have to be punished and the admin that marked this thread as a hoax needs to be removed their admins rights so he stop marking and banning users for nothing and without any proof at all.



The supposed 'crime' certainly doesn't fit the punishment by my humble standards anyway.

Not saying this is the case here but there HAVE been innocent people convicted of a crime and sent to their death. Galileo comes to mind and although he wasn't sentenced to death, he was banished to the basement until his death. AND...he was CORRECT! Tesla pops in my mind too.

I don't think Skeptic Overlord can remove his own Rights here. I don't think this site would be as good as it is without him anyway. Besides, that's like asking a President to impeach himself ! Oh, just the sheer thought of that makes me smile because wouldn't that be a wonderful world after all......
( I'm talking about a POTUS, not Skeptic because as far as overlords?....he's VERY fair. Really
)
edit on 13-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: grammar




posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
So I just got a reply from Sol, or velveeta the OP.....

I tweeted him "did you fake the photos on ATS".
His reply was [snip]

So......


If that wasn't the most quintessential cryptic double entendre ever...I don't know what is!

What?
[snip]ATS because of their unreasonable behavior or
[snip] because he was found out?

Wow. I gotta get off this thread. My head is spinning.


edit on 13-4-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Wish I could agree here. He had over 38 hours to reply to people's questions, after saying he looked forward to people's thoughts. Yet he chose not to say one word after being questioned. He posted five replies, then said nothing....even though he was posting on twitter.

So, I don't feel bad for the op. He had many chances, and crapped his credibility away. If you post a sensational thread such as he did, you BETTER be prepared to answer all questions.



But where is the incentive?

He was practically called a liar by page three.

Not everyone has nerves of steel and skin as thick as leather. I'm a pretty tough person and some of the replies I receive almost reduce me to tears.
So please........let's see YOU do what HE did and stand up to the scrutiny!

To every vicious attack he took, it probably required 3 hours of recuperation. If ANYTHING, I'd find it MORE suspicious if an OP stood by, post after post, defending himself. Because that to me looks like he's looking for negative attention.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by amongus
Wish I could agree here. He had over 38 hours to reply to people's questions, after saying he looked forward to people's thoughts. Yet he chose not to say one word after being questioned. He posted five replies, then said nothing....even though he was posting on twitter.

So, I don't feel bad for the op. He had many chances, and crapped his credibility away. If you post a sensational thread such as he did, you BETTER be prepared to answer all questions.



If you submit three pictures and a puppy story to the largest group of UFO enthusiast's ever gathered.

There are going to be pages of questions. If you can't take the heat. Get out of the kitchen.



Since when have accusations been considered 'questions'



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
You know its funny....in this thread here

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread827162/pg20#pid13863234]

John Paul Zodeaux claims to successfully have argued in court that he does not need a drivers license to drive an automobile in America. When I ask for proof, he refuses to furnish it. We argue for several pages, where he quite clearly cherry picks portions of the state laws I posted in an attempt to "prove" what he is saying. But, he is quite clearly lying and making things up, as anyone who can read can see plainly.

So why isnt he banned yet? Just wondering. It seems to be the same thing.


The difference is that his defense was in a different state, and he's showing you the way you can successfully defend in your own, which laws YOU brought up, not claiming that he defended against that state's laws. Whether you choose to see that is immaterial to his argument.

Now, exactly WHAT has that argument in that thread to do vetting an alleged UFO photo?




edit on 2012/4/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
After reading this thread I have to say that I think the Admin is a shadowy govt type hiding under a nice guy avatar and doent want the truth to get out so he squashes all real UFO sightings as hoaxes. His eyes are kinda beady.. thinning hair, and the low brow.. it just reeks of shill.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
After reading this thread I have to say that I think the Admin is a shadowy govt type hiding under a nice guy avatar and doent want the truth to get out so he squashes all real UFO sightings as hoaxes. His eyes are kinda beady.. thinning hair, and the low brow.. it just reeks of shill.


Hi

Like your avatar, Looks like a nice dog hiding in
a mean dogs body...



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by Advantage
After reading this thread I have to say that I think the Admin is a shadowy govt type hiding under a nice guy avatar and doent want the truth to get out so he squashes all real UFO sightings as hoaxes. His eyes are kinda beady.. thinning hair, and the low brow.. it just reeks of shill.


Hi

Like your avatar, Looks like a nice dog hiding in
a mean dogs body...


Very nice,..unless youre a kids stuffed animal, a shoe, or a scary government alien type trying to sneak in my windows and implant me.



That didnt sound right...



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by MysterX
 


What you are quoting is the reply from Studio500 to GreenEyedLeo, not the original quote by GEL.
You're new here so don't feel bad, I made the same mistake.


With respect Asktheanimals, you're mistaken.

I was answering Moderator GEL's reply to Studio500...not answering Studio500.

Moderator GEL had posted:



thank you for this...so either its an app...or something thrown in the air...


In reply to Studio500.

I was posting in reply to Moderator GEL's reply quoted above.

Edited to add: To those posters thinkng it is strange the OP has hit the road on this one...take a read through the replies he's had for his trouble.

He hung around far longer than i would have done, if i were the OP.

The treatment he got, and from staff no less, is pretty much disgraceful tbh.

I thought the T&C state respect is to be given to posters? Haranguing and badgering, then virtually calling an OP a liar after posting his stated sighting is considered respectful these days is it?

Perhaps i've joined the wrong board.


edit on 13-4-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
You know its funny....in this thread here

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread827162/pg20#pid13863234]

John Paul Zodeaux claims to successfully have argued in court that he does not need a drivers license to drive an automobile in America. When I ask for proof, he refuses to furnish it. We argue for several pages, where he quite clearly cherry picks portions of the state laws I posted in an attempt to "prove" what he is saying. But, he is quite clearly lying and making things up, as anyone who can read can see plainly.

So why isnt he banned yet? Just wondering. It seems to be the same thing.


The difference is that his defense was in a different state, and he's showing you the way you can successfully defend in your own, which laws YOU brought up, not claiming that he defended against that state's laws. Whether you choose to see that is immaterial to his argument.

Now, exactly WHAT has that argument in that thread to do vetting an alleged UFO photo?




edit on 2012/4/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)


The thing is, no he hasnt. Furthermore, he hasnt provided any proof whatsoever of what he is claiming - therefore, by definition, he is hoaxing. When you make the claim he has, you had better be prepared to back it up, right? Or does that only apply to UFO pictures?

I think the relevance is obvious. A hoax is a hoax.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OMG I have never questioned any of the powers that be of this site.
But when I clicked on the post the ADMIN wanted us to see as the proof of hoax.
It was just as bad.....and I mean just as bad as NBC's edit of Zimmerman's 911 call about
saying the guy was Black.
Rickey explained why he renamed the photos.

I didn't really care prior to this, whether it was a hoax or not. I said I believed the guy and I was
cool with standing on that.......but this joke......the HOAX of an ADMIN approved edit is reprehensible.

That post we are suppose to link to was an edited version to the point that it was a lie.
Read every single one of my previous posts in my years here.
This is the first I have ever questioned the powers that be on this site.
It pisses me off.
He told us he renamed those pictures when he downloaded it to his computer so he could remember
what they were.........He never said that the iphone labled them that way.....nor was his response to THAT question the one that post says he gave.....it is a lie......go back and read the thread.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why isn't everyone able to obviously see the very clear visual indications within the photos themselves that SCREAM hoax?

The link added to the opening post merely establishes that the thread author's story doesn't jive with the embedded information within the photos. Combining that with the clearly laughable attempt represented by the photos... and it's a pitiful hoax.

Seriously people... why so much consternation over one of the worst hoax attempts we've seen on ATS?



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

So I just got a reply from Sol, or velveeta the OP.....

I tweeted him "did you fake the photos on ATS".
His reply was [snip] ATS.

So......


So...what does that answer mean to you?



Wish I could agree here. He had over 38 hours to reply to people's questions, after saying he looked forward to people's thoughts. Yet he chose not to say one word after being questioned. He posted five replies, then said nothing....even though he was posting on twitter.

So, I don't feel bad for the op. He had many chances, and crapped his credibility away. If you post a sensational thread such as he did, you BETTER be prepared to answer all questions.



Why does everyone here expect other people to drop their entire lives to please a few anonymous wolves on ATS anyway? He had many chances? Really? Do you know how this sounds? Like ATS is the end all be all. Unless ATS is signing your paychecks, who the frick cares what you guys think at day's end?
Way too many egos...



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Why isn't everyone able to obviously see the very clear visual indications within the photos themselves that SCREAM hoax?

The link added to the opening post merely establishes that the thread author's story doesn't jive with the embedded information within the photos. Combining that with the clearly laughable attempt represented by the photos... and it's a pitiful hoax.

Seriously people... why so much consternation over one of the worst hoax attempts we've seen on ATS?



I think the problem everyone is having is it was being fervently discussed and the consensus was pretty much down the middle. Why not let it play out? It kind of makes you look like you got the call from tptb to take it out. That's not my opinion but I can see where some might think so.

Other than that I love your site, aside from this of course...



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
OMG I have never questioned any of the powers that be of this site.
But when I clicked on the post the ADMIN wanted us to see as the proof of hoax.
It was just as bad.....and I mean just as bad as NBC's edit of Zimmerman's 911 call about
saying the guy was Black.
Rickey explained why he renamed the photos.

I didn't really care prior to this, whether it was a hoax or not. I said I believed the guy and I was
cool with standing on that.......but this joke......the HOAX of an ADMIN approved edit is reprehensible.

That post we are suppose to link to was an edited version to the point that it was a lie.
Read every single one of my previous posts in my years here.
This is the first I have ever questioned the powers that be on this site.
It pisses me off.
He told us he renamed those pictures when he downloaded it to his computer so he could remember
what they were.........He never said that the iphone labled them that way.....nor was his response to THAT question the one that post says he gave.....it is a lie......go back and read the thread.

Spot on. Incompetence abounds, in print and even edited. Just as bad as the hoaxer IMO.



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Edit: There are three types of photographic UFO sightings.

1) Too far, obscured, on to the next...
2 Lights at night, could be anything...
3) Too close, you're banned.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Why isn't everyone able to obviously see the very clear visual indications within the photos themselves that SCREAM hoax?



Maybe because some of us don't agree? None of the debunking is conclusive. I've seen other threads die a natural death when the analysis is inconclusive, not go on for pages and pages after the OP bails. The mod botched it. Sorry. Other people have rightly pointed out that the mod in this case was calling hoax prematurely.

Editing the guys post is just creepy. Trying to drive home a point or what?



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

The thing is, no he hasnt. Furthermore, he hasnt provided any proof whatsoever of what he is claiming - therefore, by definition, he is hoaxing. When you make the claim he has, you had better be prepared to back it up, right? Or does that only apply to UFO pictures?

I think the relevance is obvious. A hoax is a hoax.



No, no "proof", but PLENTY of evidence. You should learn the difference between the two. He provided it in THAT thread, however, not THIS one, and I'm mystified - or perhaps not - why you ran from that thread and started screaming in unrelated threads.

Are you sure you understand what a "hoax" is? I'd be more than happy to entertain your allegations of a hoax - THERE, rather than here, in an unrelated thread.

What was done here was a vetting of the evidence provided, and it was found to be deficient. Counter evidence was provided which refuted the story, rather than mere screaming and squalling that it was a "hoax". Reasons were provided for reaching that conclusion, not mere allegations. If you think you can manage to do that with the other matter, you should give it a try.

THERE, in it's proper place, rather than HERE, where it is not under discussion nor the subject of the thread.




edit on 2012/4/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Why isn't everyone able to obviously see the very clear visual indications within the photos themselves that SCREAM hoax?

The link added to the opening post merely establishes that the thread author's story doesn't jive with the embedded information within the photos. Combining that with the clearly laughable attempt represented by the photos... and it's a pitiful hoax.

Seriously people... why so much consternation over one of the worst hoax attempts we've seen on ATS?


If the entire WORLD can't agree on the events of 9-11 why in the world would you think we can all agree on a thread?

I don't get your 'obvious' assessment!
Nothing is 'obvious' anymore. Reality is at best, questionable!



new topics

top topics



 
74
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

log in

join