It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Jesus God almighty people.

If you think it's such a travesty that such posts get banned here,

THEN QUIT POSTING HERE.

Get it? I's the internet. It's a forum. There are literally THOUSANDS of other places you can share your knowledge.

Quit whining about it and move on. Though you'll be missed, verily, we'll somehow find a way to move on.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

It wasn't just the GPS positions. They were part of it, but the OP himself stated the images were all made with a single push of the cameras button. With that said, 3 pictures don't take 21 seconds to make. And certainly not with a 20 second gap between two of them. My point was if they WERE all made with a single click as he stated then they should have been blurred or it wouldn't have taken so long to make them.

And with that said, there was NEVER any mention of any other images from that 20 second gap. There was never any response to direct questions from a mod or another member which was answered. GEL asked the OP on the front page a couple of questions, and he basically told her he didn't have to answer her.

A simple answer to her questions from the start might have changed the outcome of this thread. But his repeated refusal to answer any questions posed directly about the circumstances were all either avoided, blocked, or redirected by the OP himself. If there was nothing to hide, he surely did a lot of hiding. If this really was a case of mistaken identity as some have suggested it could have all been possibly solved yesterday. And if it was true mistaken identity, there may well have been a "no harm, no foul" situation. Instead as I've already stated, there was nothing but track covering or smoke and mirrors from the OP.

I can pretty well assure everyone here the circumstances which led up to where we are now were a totality of everything involved. And not any one or two single events.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It was this files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-4-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by blupblup

I agree proven hoaxers should be banned ...

Out of curiosity, what would have consituted "proof" to you? The evidence was very good that it was a hoax (I'd say in the 90 - 95% range if being nice, but I am leading to 99.9%).

The bar or proof required to ban members should be quite high ... by labeling a thread a hoax and banning the member you are calling them a liar and then not giving them a chance to defend themselves.

IMO this is a serious Manners and Decorum violation if ever there was one. So in this case unless someone has honest to god smoking gun proof 100% that this person is a LIAR then they should just leave it alone and let the members hash it out.

That's how I would run it if it were me ... but its not ... so oh well ...

People on this site demand very high levels of proof before anything is excepted the same should be true of claiming a hoax. Most everything would fall in between ....

edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

That is not what I asked, how would you PROVE or DISPROVE it? Because they certainly ripped the pictures to shreds.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

In this particular case it I don't think it could be done ... I doubt seriously it can be proven beyond doubt this is a hoax. That doesn't mean its real or genuine either ... we are far from proof that it is. I myself have serious doubts about his story and his pics but that doesn't mean I'm going out on a limb and call him a liar. I have no proof he is.

Of course, a confession would be pretty solid.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is the location that the photos were taken from. I've removed identifying information from it, like GPS coordinates and street names, but there is no doubt in my mind it's the location. The GPS coordinates reported in the image were about 15 meters south of the actual location (on the rooftop of the building), which isn't an unexpected discrepancy. I changed the location given internally to the one shown here based on evidence in the view present in the pictures. Mods, if there is a problem with posting this image, just zap the post. I kept the location as unidentifiable as I could.

The red dot at the bottom of the yellow line is the location the pictures were taken from. The red dot at the top of it is the communications tower shown in the pictures. The disturbed area at the top of the image is an apparent construction site, which would explain the cranes shown in the pictures. The distance to the comm tower from the camera position is 150 meters. The focus on the object indicates it is substantially closer to the camera than the tower is, meaning that it is pretty tiny.

I still say thrown hubcap.

Elevenaugust: I see what you're talking about, and that's one of the things I missed. I'm guessing that he never gave up the originals because the nature of the object was likely too evident in "object1" and "object3". that would be expected in at a resolution of just over 3x what was posted. I stand corrected.

edit on 2012/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Thats better
I guess as someone who mods a rather rambunctious list else where, I am used to worse behavior, and have a thicker skin. But sadly the ToS was violated, we all signed to abide by it. Hell I read it first

It is however a shame it was shut down so fast, but the site Admins get to make that call, its' not a democracy here. No matter what we think. So I abide with what they say.

As I and others have said, one can always go else where, though the more "liberal" (rules not politcs) fora are generally Troll pits.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

A very good analysis along with google earth sat pictures has already been posted way back ... look it up you'll like what the poster has done.

here ya go ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by Sek82

It wasn't just the GPS positions. They were part of it, but the OP himself stated the images were all made with a single push of the cameras button. With that said, 3 pictures don't take 21 seconds to make. And certainly not with a 20 second gap between two of them. My point was if they WERE all made with a single click as he stated then they should have been blurred or it wouldn't have taken so long to make them.

And with that said, there was NEVER any mention of any other images from that 20 second gap. There was never any response to direct questions from a mod or another member which was answered. GEL asked the OP on the front page a couple of questions, and he basically told her he didn't have to answer her.

A simple answer to her questions from the start might have changed the outcome of this thread. But his repeated refusal to answer any questions posed directly about the circumstances were all either avoided, blocked, or redirected by the OP himself. If there was nothing to hide, he surely did a lot of hiding. If this really was a case of mistaken identity as some have suggested it could have all been possibly solved yesterday. And if it was true mistaken identity, there may well have been a "no harm, no foul" situation. Instead as I've already stated, there was nothing but track covering or smoke and mirrors from the OP.

I can pretty well assure everyone here the circumstances which led up to where we are now were a totality of everything involved. And not any one or two single events.

Wrong assumptions. No one said that the only pictures taken were the three provided, you'll need to reread the OP if that's what you think. The OP really wasn't hiding anything. He made the post, answered a couple of questions and then disappeared. Could it be that he felt busted? Yes. Could it be that he went to bed, has a family, had to work the next day, had surgery, got injured, was killed, arrested? Many reasons to explain the disappearance all of which should be reason enough to not ban before the next work day was over.

I believe that this is likely a stunt based on the story, but nobody has provided enough to guarantee it. So be it, aggressive moderation has its ups and downs, this is one of the downs.

I do agree with the other posters that state that ATS is not a friendly place to post any personal pictures. If you have legitimate pictures, common sense says to go to the news with them but certainly not here.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Glad to help

Here's what I've done pages ago, with the streets names blackened:

So, we have 43.9° large for the field of view; taking two of the three OP's photo that shows the object in leftmost and rightmost positions gives us the field of view for object's visibility:

Now, reporting these measurements on the GM view, we have:

With the pink/blue striped area that is the field of view of object's position, could be helpful for trying to determine, for example, from where it could have been thrown.

My previous post that explained the process I used for finding where the photo were taken and how I obtained the 43.9° field of view was removed, probably to protect OP's identity.
Anyway, here's how I find it:

Iphone 4S have focal length for its back camera is listed as 4.28 mm, but with the same sensor dimensions as the older iPhone 4. (OV8830-G04A sensor has dimensions 4592x3450)
So we can calculate right angles this way:

2*atan(4.592/(2*4.28))*180/pi = 56.423 degrees horizontal

2*atan(3.450/(2*4.28))*180/pi = 43.903 degrees vertical (referencing with respect to landscape orientation)

With:
A= The GPS coordinates
B= The rightmost pole
C= The main pole
D= The leftmost pole
E= The reference point on the pole for the right angle

edit on 12-4-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

A very good analysis along with google earth sat pictures has already been posted way back ... look it up you'll like what the poster has done.

here ya go ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Will do, and thanks for the heads up!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

reply to post by blupblup

I agree proven hoaxers should be banned ...

Out of curiosity, what would have consituted "proof" to you? The evidence was very good that it was a hoax (I'd say in the 90 - 95% range if being nice, but I am leading to 99.9%).

The bar or proof required to ban members should be quite high ... by labeling a thread a hoax and banning the member you are calling them a liar and then not giving them a chance to defend themselves.

IMO this is a serious Manners and Decorum violation if ever there was one. So in this case unless someone has honest to god smoking gun proof 100% that this person is a LIAR then they should just leave it alone and let the members hash it out.

That's how I would run it if it were me ... but its not ... so oh well ...

People on this site demand very high levels of proof before anything is excepted the same should be true of claiming a hoax. Most everything would fall in between ....

The only high level on here is the allowance of rude members and their quick attacks.

First I think the Mods should BUTT out of these threads. Or at least, go into stealth mode. They are very influential due to their 'clout'. That's number one.
Number two. Picking apart the information from the exif is a very slippery slope and shouldn't be the lone element for determination. Especially not for the hoax bin.

This is exactly why people like me refuse to post photos. It's one thing to have people disagreeing but it's a whole other realm to have them call people liars.

ATS gleams about their high reputation and low tolerance for inappropriate behavior but time after time, its hardly living up to it's promised standards.

Maybe this is a psychological test? Sure wouldn't surprise me. Maybe someone is monitoring how barbaric we become when faced with opposition.

I think there should be a trial period for every one new.
I think that alone will weed through the riff-raff and quiet things down considerably.
Two, Mods should NOT be allowed to post their opinions. It's too leading and we have too many sheeple looking for the trough as it is.
Three.....any direct disrespect targeted at one another (regardless if there are pertinent points within their post) should get deleted. Again, we have a huge mob-mentality here and once one person gets away with that, it's an avalanche of more unsavory posts to follow.

Is the OP banned?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Is the OP banned?

Is that a joke?

edit: I'm lmao right now! thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You say "thrown hubcap"???
What is this: Guess what's in the air?

Unreal!!!!!

He said a UFO. Why isn't that good enough? I really don't get it.

And the fact that this 'liar' thought long and hard enough to get his dog involved into this caper well.....he's not only a good liar, he's a creative one too.

Some of you do NOTHING but stroke your own egos by trying to trump another member with (what you think is) your wit!

Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!

These threads shouldn't be thrown into the hoax bin (like I said, which is strictly for public humiliation) but some members should wear cyber dunce caps and be asked to sit in the corner for a week instead!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I thought you were on to interesting things before you got derailed. I thought it would be interesting if you calculated the height and size of the object if the object were right above the front of the house. Using the angle and distance from the camera you could get its height and using the height maybe you could estimate its size. Maybe 16" across?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I agree with you about not everything going to the hoax bin with the bangun sniping the OP.

A while back I authored a thread about the UN reportedly planning to move a lady into a position of Extra-terrestrial affairs/welcoming committee, or some similar title.

I had no idea the story was FALSE and the story itself garnered many mixed reactions.

One thing I do love about ATS is the fact that members here do their due diligence in determining whether the threads containing extraordinary topics are real, fake, plausible, or malicious attempts to goof on the members and visitors here.

While it can seem harsh to some members and OP's here, I hope everyone who has a chance to witness the process that takes place in this type of thread and realize it is necessary to go through the steps to attain some sort of closure on what is the real truth behind the topic.

Many other sites and their members do not take the time to go through this. Without a doubt, there are sites out there that will even go as far as blocking posts that question the validity of outlandish topics presented as actual events and truth.

Maybe they believe it will help them gain popularity, advertisement funds, clout, and maybe they even want to cultivate an atmosphere where ridiculous claims can be asserted and allowed to evolve into something completely ridiculous to the average person interested in the high strange area of news stories - kind of like the tabloids that offers stories such as the incredible 'Bat Boy' and other insane stories.

These sites and many of the people involved with them are a huge reason why making progress to raise awareness and gain credible information to back the theories many want answers to.

I embrace the fact that ATS offers a platform for these subjects and that the site follows a path that leads to fairness, morality, and general trust in knowing that the topics will be addressed and a plausible explanation will undoubtedly result from the hard work and time the ATS staff and it's members donate in the name of truth and the repudiation of rampant ignorance that plagues the majority of sites that involve alternate new.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Is the OP banned?

Is that a joke?

edit: I'm lmao right now! thanks.

No. I really didn't know. I just looked and I see that he has no information under his name so...looks like he was banned.

Let me say something right off the bat. This thread raised my flags from the beginning. Not because of the OP (who may be in on this) but because of what happened to me which I am just remembering (I have a lot of threads going all at once........)

I came on this thread early on.
Someone on my thread alerted me to this thread (she was just pointing out why my UFOs couldn't look like his UFOs)
But I misunderstood. I thought she was saying these were one of the same persons.

So I posted a very quick note and asked him "are you the same person who we're discussing in my thread? By the way, interesting story) and [[[[[bam]]]] I get deleted for posting 'off topic'.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean WTF?....it wasn't totally off topic but it appeared this was policed from the opening post which now has me very very suspicious on what's really going on here.

No wonder the OP never U2U me back.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I was wondering if you ever got to communicate with the OP before banishment?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join