It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why is this marked HOAX? We don't know either way, do we?

It seems to me that greeneyedleo is on a power trip here. You have showed some very poor behavior in this thread, from a so called moderator. You didn't want to be proven wrong, so you labeled this thread a hoax to quickly dispose of and kill the topic.

Can anyone say censorship?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by jaws1975

My rule of thumb, as if it matters to anyone.....

I go thru a process of elimination in order to find truth.

Is it a bird?
Is it an aircraft?
Is it a planet/star?
Is it a satelite?
Is it CGI?
Is it a purposely made hoax?
Is it a misidentification?

WHEN ALL terestial things have been ruled OUT....then it truly is a UFO.

But to jump to UFO!! before everything is ruled OUT is obsurd to me......

Not a popular stance around here....but that is my stance.....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Ya right, you have a knack for things never getting out of the terrestrial explanation group! You said it yourself it could only be an app or a tossed object! Sometimes the truth isn't as easy and convenient as you make out to be with your pigeon hole process.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
It seems to me that greeneyedleo is on a power trip here. You have showed some very poor behavior in this thread, from a so called moderator. You didn't want to be proven wrong, so you labeled this thread a hoax to quickly dispose of and kill the topic.

I moved this to the HOAX forum as the images were obviously not what were being represented.

Springer added the "[HOAX]" after further review.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Green Eyed Leo didn't ban anyone.

Did you read any of her responses.

The site owner made the decision.

Do you really want to pick a fight with him?

It's his site.....You can start your own site and discuss those pictures.

That's the beautiful thing about Freedom.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Dude, it wasn't greeneyedleo who issued the ban.

So....way to jump to conclusions. And for those of you who starred this comment and knew this was blatantly false, way to be a bunch of dishonest cowards.

To the mods, thank you for doing your job. Some of us actually appreciate sane discourse.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

In deed.

When a member of ATS presents the community with something they create and claim to be real, and it's determined to be a hoax, the thread title gets the dreaded ATS [HOAX] tag to indicate this was not an innocent presentation of something found elsewhere and presented here in good faith.

It's the ultimate attempt at insulting the intelligence of the community and an utter waste of everyone's time. It's also a direct violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use, one of the worst violations a member can perpetrate.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The tone was set on the first page of the thread. A mod suggests (putting it mildly) hoax so the rest of the members can see nothing but hoax. I think the ignorance in this thread is palpable. I saw nothing that would convince me that this was a HOAX and then to top it off the member is banned.

Way to go ATS

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

How dare people come into this thread or any other and knock on her for pointing out OBVIOUS discrepancies in the story and/or pics. And for the record, she didn't immediately assume anything here. She presented her opinion, then ASKED the OP how he could explain her questions. To which the OP basically said he didn't have to prove anything to anyone.

If you re-read one of the first questions GEL had was why he changed the name of pics, in which he gave a logical explanation. The OP probably got spooked when he saw the tenor of the thread going south, and people posting the poor guy's home address. As GEL has pointed out many of times, her post's are just like yours and mine no special considerations need to be made towards her because of her being a mod. So you can stuff your "how dare people" comment in a sack!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by lee anoma

Boy, that object looks really high up. I'm not convinced it's a thrown object.

Why is that?
Because you don't believe a person can throw a metallic frisby-like object from a roof or window?

- Lee

No, because as I stated previously, I don't believe the OP has a track record that supports this being his doing.

So in other words...a possible "new hoaxer"?
Again...it didn't seem that farfetched to remain skeptical.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I for one am just very disappointed. I wanted to give the OP the benefit of the doubt since his year hear at ATS would lead you to believe perpetuating a hoax like this would be the last thing he'd do.

He was given so many chances to reply, answer questions, and yet he said nothing beyond 6 posts. He then dropped off the face of the earth.

I therefor hope all members of ATS boycott anything Sol Philcox does in the future. What an embarrassment.

Sorry I fought the good fight...I just want to believe there are existing members...not newbs...that actually give a # about this site. My bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

Can you explain why these look like iPhone apps and you have an iPhone and the file names have been changed? these are not original pictures. no phone would name the images "object 1, 2, 3"

sure does look similiar to this UFO app....which we have all seen by now..
edit on April 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

The images are re-named in the reverse order in which they were taken. "object3" was taken at 13:41:15, then one second later "object2" was taken at 13:41:16, then twenty seconds later "object1" was taken at 13:41:36.

Probably taken off the phone in reverse order and manually re-named as they were uploaded to the computer. Of more interest to me is the discrepancy between the time the OP reports in his original post of "around 4 pm", where the time stamp on the photos indicates 1:41 pm - several hours earlier. The shadows in the photos support the earlier time as well, and unless I miss my guess, phone cameras pull their time stamps from internal time synched with a central sever. I know mine does, and sets it's own time, but I know nothing about iphones, or how they work.

If one were just looking at the time stamp, it would be easy to mistake the month and day for "4:11" PM, but I would think he would know what time it was closer than a couple of hours at the time the pictures were taken.

I won't say what it looks like to me until I've read the whole thread. There may be things I've missed that others have picked up on.

edit on 2012/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
From my time here at ATS I have gradually learned that SO is pretty much an actual expert on things concerning digital video and therefore also to a large extent , digital photography. If he believes this was hoaxed I tend to believe him. Whats missing here is detailed description as to why he believes this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Now the subject of the thread is even tagged [HOAX]

This just gets better and better

EDIT: Isn't that a bit redundant since it's already in the hoax forum...?
edit on 12-4-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
From my time here at ATS I have gradually learned that SO is pretty much an actual expert on things concerning digital video and therefore also to a large extent , digital photography. If he believes this was hoaxed I tend to believe him. Whats missing here is detailed description as to why he believes this.

I'd at least like the OP to be unbanned, just so he can come back and answer questions. ID give him one more day, then ban him if he does not return.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I knew it was bs , straight away.

Yey me............

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

In deed.

When a member of ATS presents the community with something they create and claim to be real, and it's determined to be a hoax, the thread title gets the dreaded ATS [HOAX] tag to indicate this was not an innocent presentation of something found elsewhere and presented here in good faith.

It's the ultimate attempt at insulting the intelligence of the community and an utter waste of everyone's time. It's also a direct violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use, one of the worst violations a member can perpetrate.

Springer...

I laud this. However, I do not understand why this is not extended to other posters, not posting about UFOs. For example, in any of the racial hate thread, you can see all sides spewing blatant lies with "facts" to back up their data...however the facts are usually false.

I wish the denial of ignorance included all subjects.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This site is hilarious, and is to be laughed at imo

The owners and mods are even more hilarious and laughable imo

Hoax or not, it really makes no difference.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

How naive of you to think that.

Ats has always been just like this. It's the laughing stock of conspiracy forums. Even worse than GLP.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

I'd at least like the OP to be unbanned, just so he can come back and answer questions. ID give him one more day, then ban him if he does not return.

I kind of agree. I think every deserves a fair trial.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join