It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm more upset about the Ban then placing this in the Hoax as one is justified, as until further evidence we call it hoax, the other is full disbarment for something I or any other member might post and ask as to what happened, then get banned because I or they can't prove that it is real or it looks like it can be faked.

At least allow the OP to send some further evidence to backup his story.

I personally have seen disks, like that in the OP pictures, in the sky. I didn't take pictures since it was a long time ago, but still they could be true and yet you banned him.

I know, your site your rules, I just won't be adding any further to it in the way of photo or video "proof"

Sirric

ps, I still like this site, just a little disenfranchised at the moment.
edit on 12/4/12 by sirric because: clarify my statement

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good lord, people.

Did you all agree to ATS's terms of service? Yeah?

Then guess what. You agreed that this is how the site is run.

So for you all to come here and cry "Attica!! Attica!!" because of this one particular ban is a little precious.

Quit cherry picking one example for the sake of theater. It's childish.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Screwed
I love how whenever someone posts a pic of a UFO everyone is suddenly a motherfriggn photoexpert working a crimescene. Huge egos abound.

Welcome to ATS Aliens & UFO forum where TRUTH & TRUTH ONLY is sought (or should be).

Either one is here to confirm their beliefs or they are here to seek TRUTH....no matter what that truth reveals.

Like or not, people hoax....people lie....people misidentify. If people truly are seeking TRUTH on this issue, then they should not be so flippn' offended and bent out of shape as if one's mother has been called a nasty 4 letter word.
They should embrace people who are TRYING to eliminate the CRAP so that the truth can be found.

Good Lord! I swear to God, this topic is so out of control.....people dont want truth. They want reassurance. They want confirmation.

Dont ever let the FACTS get in the way of a good story!! That makes for a dull & boring life!

I love how you say it's about the truth and the truth only, however from the 1st page you were saying that it was only an app or him throwing something in the air! Where's the room for the truth there GEL if there are only two options? Remember that conversation we had about confirmation bias a while back??

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Ricky, this won't mean much, but
I am casting my vote for you, and I want to give you my 2 cent advice.
Nobody that has responded to you so far has any answers for you,
they are just interested in unraveling your story. You don't want to get sucked into that.
You answered, you provided the camera data, there is nothing more for you unless someone saw
the same thing on the same day in your area.
I read your previous ats threads just to make sure my first impression was supported, and it was.
Your a good kid with a big heart and the people on this thread are going to wear you down.
Please don't get baited.
and like I said, I believe you. I analyze people more than pictures (and I am a big skeptic after all these years on ATS.)
just my 2 cents.

I probably should see if he posted anything after my 2 cents above, but if he didn't I am proud of him.
and unless someone can prove otherwise, I stand by the guy just based on my vibe of him, not the pictures.
I don't believe it was anything ET like, but I don't believe he perpetrated a hoax.
I stand with the newest ATS pariah.

edit: Even though I must be in the group that has caused outrage with being fooled, I doubt in my years of posting that I have been duped by any hoaxer, I don't believe I have started now either.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

I know camus you want nothing more than for us to just go away and not challenge the overlords of this site ...

but grow up ... when something is wrong, its wrong, and I will call them out on it ...
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
Good lord, people.

Did you all agree to ATS's terms of service? Yeah?

Then guess what. You agreed that this is how the site is run.

So for you all to come here and cry "Attica!! Attica!!" because of this one particular ban is a little precious.

Quit cherry picking one example for the sake of theater. It's childish.

You fail to understand the impact of a banned member is for posting his story here that hasn't been proven a hoax.

This is a member only generated content, if everyone stopped posting their stories, why even come here?

SO is really only hurting himself and the form by doing this. Now less people will post pictures fearing they will get banned. It's a shame.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's unfortunate that those who seek to perpetuate hoaxes on ATS end up ruining the experience for many other members... as has happened here. When obvious hoaxes have been discovered, our response has been consistent.

It is your(ATS) own fault. You have left the door wide open for this nonsense. Give warnings, make T &C's blah blah. Have you noticed this pattern decreasing?! This kinda skullduggery is a monthly drama thing. There is more BS that makes the front page than ever.

It's rather sad.

Sure I can leave. But I won't, cause I enjoy the articles. However giving a bunch of internet hooligans the opportunity to create such content is your own fault. Your outrage should be void. It should be expected at this point.

Admit out-loud that this site has become a childish playground and you will feel so much better.

Go ahead try it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've been watching this thread all day long...........

My thoughts are.
If I see something that I can't explain and I'm lucky enough to get pictures of it, you can bet money I'll post it, even at the risk of being dubbed a hoaxer, liar, fake or being banned. This is the risk you take starting a thread I guess.
If I were to be banned over it and I knew I didn't fake it, I'd just chalk it up to the banners being ignorant. And I'd think to myself, 'Maybe they aren't up to denying ignorance.' What else could you do?
Only the op knows what really happened. If he faked em, he knows it. If they are legit, he knows it.
I would say, ultimately, it was up to the owner of the site to make the call and the call was made. If you don't like it you can go to some half assed forum where no one gives two #s weather fakes are posted or not.
If a pic looks fake you can bet ppl will call it one.
TXML

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

If you intentionally and wilfully Hoax on ATS, you are breaking the rules and should be banned.

I fully support the banning of ANY hoaxers on ATS.

edit on 12/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree proven hoaxers should be banned ...

link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by sirric

If you intentionally and wilfully Hoax on ATS, you are breaking the rules and should be banned.

Well that is fine...Huge major problem is this may not be a hoax and has not been establsied as a definte hoax.

link   

reply to post by sirric

Well that is fine...Huge major problem is this may not be a hoax and has not been establsied as a definite hoax.Sorry for double post.Lagg
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
T&C's
Brief reminder of one point...

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Should that not work the other way round as well? you should not post personal information on someone either? postuing peoples address is not on in my book....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It has hoax tags on it...

It looks RIDICULOUS and anyone with half a brain can see it's crap.

OK banning the guy is harsh... but you know what? Don't hoax.

We've had enough crap on ATS over the years, all kinda of nonsense UFOs and fakes posted.
If it's someone else's pics and we're discussing them then that's fine... but if you seek to make your OWN fakes and for a laugh, try and "fool" the ATS community and then get busted?

Then tough **** I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Staff, placing in Hoax bin partly based on the fact that the flight pattern does not match up with what you think it should be is ignorant. Please tell me what exact flight attitude should we be seeing in these UFO sightings?

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
it's just sitting there in the sky, then in an almost comically cliche'd fashion it sort of rolled/turned on it's side and zips upwards and to the left and out of sight at a pretty rapid pace.
His description might not appear to perfectly match up with what we are seeing in the photos, and that third image taken some ten seconds later is a bit perplexing, but again to me this is not a clear indication of an intentional 100% hoax.

Unique UFO sightings are often reported to feature erratic movements/directional changes - So in one image the object appears as if it might be upside down, or concave vs. the other convex images. If the member is simply throwing something into the air, would they really include one where the object ended up upside down like that, or go against his description?

Now we won't know because staff has chosen to act prematurely throughout this thread up until the banning of the member before 24 hours has even elapsed, eliminating any possibility that he could return to post/explain further. Total lack of patience.

My conclusion so far is that this has been a pretty good UFO thread. Much more convincing than most others, and it very well could be a hoax, or something else. But I see nothing certain pointing to hoax or real.

If I ever personally see something UFO wise myself - And am fortunate enough to capture it on photo/video, I will not be sharing it on ATS based on how this thread has been managed.

Eta: While EXIF data has been viewable in the OP's photos, allowing members to post private details as to their street address, real name, and so on is unprofessional and should not be encouraged. Just some friendly feedback.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Sek82 because: Eta

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by sirric

I agree, but this hasn't been proven, has it? Where? That is the issue I'm speaking of. If we can prove it is a hoax, then ban away, until then place it in a "unverified" bin and move on.

Now if the OP has had several post that call into question his motives, then I would be first in line to kick him out. But this is not the case here.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If you all put half as much critical thinking into the claims that something is real as you are into something that is not, we wouldn't be having this debate in the first place.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The only thing I can add to this thread before closure is that a lot of members will now think twice before posting any images of the paranormal due to being afraid of not being able to explain what they have captured and as a result be banned for it!

Well Done!
edit on 12-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
The only thing I can add to this thread before closure is that a lot of members will now think twice before posting any images of the paranormal due to being afraid of not being able to explain what they have captured and as a result be banned for it!

Well Done!

Perhaps you'd like to step up to bat as the SECOND person to put their money where their mouth is.

Are YOU going to never post a picture again?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just an observation...but isn't it also against the T & C 's to speak about said banned member?

Maybe you all should just let it go before it gets uglier!

Just saying!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join