It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe we're just not ready yet to accept they're out there, so these threads are getting dumped into the hoax forum for the time being to keep people chilled out.

But soon.....who knows what we'll see posted in the Aliens UFO's forum.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by MegaMind
So since your an expert was it a tossed disk or are the photos fake?

Given the proposed erratic behavior shown in the three images, tossed.

I tend to agree. I have even been encouraging someone else to come up with relative size and distance if it were over the house. I also said the angle was consistent with that of an object tossed over the house. I even said that landing it in the front yard or street would be consistent with the photo. but ...

I still disagree with your Judge, Jury and Executioner style ...

This is a forum open to debate. That debate should include the one who made the claim. But I guess we can't do that now can we?
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by Earthling88

I just started reading this thread so excuse me for not being up on the details. How much of a time delay are we talking about. I have to go to work soon so I can't quickly run through all the pages. Also, how does skeptic overlord see a concave top of the image when clearly it is convex in all three pictures?

20 seconds between 2 shots.

images taken at these times....in order...

OBJECT 1: Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:36
OBJECT 2: Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:16
OBJECT 3: Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:15

(op got the file names mixed up in the order
)

NOT only that...when you rename the images, you eliminate proof that there are MORE images in between those 20 seconds....20 secs enough time to snap more, throw something in the air, etc.....
edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I have an honest question here...

If I use my camera to snap a picture then, what do I do when I go to download it to my computer? I hardly ever use my phone camera and when I do I keep it on the phone....So when I plug it into the computer I download it and do not rename it? What about making a copy of the photos to rename? And how do I keep somebody from knowing the place the photo was taken. I would never want to give away my location! Especially on the internet!

I always rename my photos from my camera though so I know how to organize...that is wrong with the phone then, especially if I am trying to convince someone the photos are real correct? This info is good to know

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Not one person has shown me this illeged iphone app. Whats it called so I can download it and see it myself?

I just took this photo with the app...

It's not possible to refine the angle of the objects it adds to the photos, so I don't think it was used in this case.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

I have an honest question here...

If I use my camera to snap a picture then, what do I do when I go to download it to my computer? I hardly ever use my phone camera and when I do I keep it on the phone....So when I plug it into the computer I download it and do not rename it? What about making a copy of the photos to rename? And how do I keep somebody from knowing the place the photo was taken. I would never want to give away my location! Especially on the internet!

I always rename my photos from my camera though so I know how to organize...that is wrong with the phone then, especially if I am trying to convince someone the photos are real correct? This info is good to know

DONT rename them if you are going to share them here. Dont open them in anytihng. Dont edit. Dont resize. Dont touch them. Upload to a hosting site directly from phone or camera....

ETA...if you are worreid about your GPS info on there...you can always send it to staff....we can verify the authenticity and then edit out the info or whatver.....

edit on April 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Not one person has shown me this illeged iphone app. Whats it called so I can download it and see it myself?

It's not possible to refine the angle of the objects it adds to the photos, so I don't think it was used in this case.

Is that NSA headquarters that I see in the background? Quick someone get the coordinates from this picture ...

J/K ....

Yeah the light source on the saucer doesn't match the rest of the photo ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

You'll be allowed to debate what the Owners say you can debate and that is just the way it is.
Taking their toys out of the sandbox and going home seems to be the way things are handled sometimes.
I would have liked to ask the OP a few questions myself but I got here a little too late apparantly.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Tossed , but has impossible shadows? (I kinda agree with your comment on photo one) , SO that makes zero sense to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It is the Same as with the Jerusalem Dome of the Rock UFO.Still has not been proven to be a hoax or real.Now there was proven hoaxes and proven attempts to replicate it.I saw Fox news show the Jerusalem UFO fake one that we all probably remember was so obvious of a fake.Fox news did not show the real video that came out first.

Which proves once again either a real cover up goes on or the journaliam with this subject just does not care or blindly follows this subject and the media.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

the shadow on the object is on the wrong side.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Is that NSA headquarters that I see in the background? Quick someone get the coordinates from this picture ...

J/K ....

Yeah the light source on the saucer doesn't match the rest of the photo ...

To fake looking man.But again I did not prove it is a fake.You told us it was a fake.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ALIENS & UFO forum... one of the most popular and busy on this site.......

Go look at the amount of stuff in there being debated and discussed.

Now look at THIS FORUM (the hoax forum) at how small it is.

To scream that info is being repressed or staff is trying to do this or that or whatever is absolutely disingenuous and simply false.

I go back to my ol' saying: either one wants truth or one wants reassurance and confirmation of belief.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I don't care how big the forums are ... Is this going to be the new way of business?

Banning members cause people think that its a hoax?

I would have thought that being in the Hoax bin would require some pretty hard evidence of hoaxing ...

Why is the standard of evidence so high to prove something is real but so low to prove something is fake?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Why is the standard of evidence so high to prove something is real but so low to prove something is fake?

Because of the enormous instances of hoaxes compared to the relatively little amount of "real" evidence. Because extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I would have bet my house on this being a hoax without any amount of analysis simply because that's the most probable explanation. Sad, but true.
edit on 12-4-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Because of the enormous instances of hoaxes compared to the relatively little amount of "real" evidence.

I would have bet my house on this being a hoax without any amount of analysis simply because that's the most probable explanation. Sad, but true.

Maybe so, but does that mean we call people liars and ban them? Just because the odds are in your favor?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Maybe so, but does that mean we call people liars and ban them? Just because the odds are in your favor?

Again, several explanations were already given to support why this is a hoax. That's been done by several different people in several different ways.

Perhaps there is a particular analysis that you don't agree with that you'd like to address?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Again, several explanations were already given to support why this is a hoax. That's been done by several different people in several different ways.

Perhaps there is a particular analysis that you don't agree with that you'd like to address?

How about being fair to people when you don't know for sure if something is a hoax,called common sense.
This is laughable to bann someone on this particular case.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

I don't care how big the forums are ... Is this going to be the new way of business?

Banning members cause people think that its a hoax?

I would have thought that being in the Hoax bin would require some pretty hard evidence of hoaxing ...

I agree that he probably shouldn't have been banned. Poor guy would have been probably better off uploading it into a YouTube video with cheesy music.

My opinion on the pic was that it doesn't look like it was added on to it but could be an object being thrown. You can seen some kind of crane on the left side and on the right side you see a tower. Indication that there is probably construction going on on that side along with a probably open field. Just an observation.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Just because something looks like something else is not proof it is ...

It looks like something tossed from the backyard. That doesn't mean it is something tossed from the backyard.

The probability that it is something tossed from the backyard is many times higher than it being something else but that does not constitute proof ...

I am simply questioning the banning of a member based on nothing more than an opinion ... however well that opinion may be formed.

Are we so afraid of what the OP has to say that we can't let him speak in his defense?

What harm is there in allowing this thread to sit in the UFO forum and allow the OP to explain further?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

That made zero sense to me too. Contradictory reasons for believing something to be a hoax are strong enough to get a ban?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join