It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Looks like you threw your frisbee over the house

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
First image: The light is hitting the object from the left.
Second image: The light is hitting the object from the right.
Third image: The light is hitting the object from the right and somehow above.
I have not taken the time to read through all the pages so sorry if this has already been brought up. But surely the reflection from the sun does not make sense. Obviously these shots were taken within a small time frame so the area the sun light reflects should be constant. It is sunny here and I am holding my watch up to the light and the reflection hits the same area no matter where I tilt it. I guess if it an alien craft it might be made of some special reflective material but I would rather go with the sensible answer.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by D_Mason

The shift of the reflection on the object between the 1st and 2nd photo kill it for me. It's seems unlikely to be a frisbee or a UFO, but likely image editing. Please prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't know why the shadows changes of position on the object. You have the sun on the left and the next photo on the right.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigo21
reply to post by D_Mason

The shift of the reflection on the object between the 1st and 2nd photo kill it for me. It's seems unlikely to be a frisbee or a UFO, but likely image editing. Please prove me wrong.

I think the same.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by MegaMind

Exactly, so far we've only come up with

1. iPhone app photo editing
  2. Object thrown in the air
  3. Object hovering and flying away
We're given tonnes of data here, anything else? Nobody could agree on whether the lighting is consistent with an actual real object though. The light source reflecting on the object appears to shift, at second glance.
edit on 12-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

I don't have a lot of trust in the photo analysis part. this thread comes to mind ... can anyone ID this craft?

That was a real photo of a real aircraft with many people shouting fake ...

This photo looks real to me also ...

The angle of the object suggests to me that it could have been thrown from the parking area behind the house over the house to the street ...

What kind of shutter speed would this camera have? Would a tossed object have motion blur on this camera?
edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Do you see the inconsistency between the lighting though? Doesn't it appear to you that the sun is at first in front of the object in the first photograph, and then to the right in the second photograph?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I think I have the timing right but my eyes are drooping lol

Long delay in taking the last image.

The timing and everything looks just right for a frisbee.

Thank you for the timestamp composite.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Do you see the inconsistency between the lighting though? Doesn't it appear to you that the sun is at first in front of the object in the first photograph, and then to the right in the second photograph?

Do as I have just done ...

Take a circular, flat object that is shiny ...

Hold it in your hand with some light behind you ...

Tilt the object in your hand and watch the reflection of the light change position significantly as you tilt it ...

Lighting doesn't seem inconsistent to me ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

images taken at these times....in order...

OBJECT 1: Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:36
OBJECT 2: Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:16
OBJECT 3: Date Time = 2012-04-11 13:41:15

edit on April 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Ok, so ive been a lurker on ATS for quite some time now. I have to say that I rarely read into UFO threads anymore. The reason being... Threads like this.

Instead of apologising to the OP for hard criticism, I'll say it straight, it was proven already by Leo that these are faked photos, even IF the OP has jumbled the order in renaming his "emailed" iphone pics, he clearly stated he took the photo's as fast as he could with his phone..... 20 second interval!? and the object has barely moved!? Why not start filming?

While i dont think it has been proven that its an apple/android sponsored UFO, it's either that or a thrown object, and possibly thrown twice to get three pics that look "nice".

After seeing the efforts that Leo has made to disprove this OP, Im afraid to say I think its members like this OP that are not only ruining this site, but ruining the internet as a tool of sharing information. I dont think ATS was ever intended for people to post deliberate, fake photo's, with deliberate fake stories for reasons completely unkown, so respectable members can waste their time making sure others dont fall into gullability. (yes may not be a word)

Honestly, i think when caught red handed, they should be banned or suspended. This thread should be either pulled, or made example of.

Ive almost completely lost interest in learning or seeking information on UFO's because of childish lies like this. OP, I dont really understand why you guys do it, but i think maybe emotionally/pshycologically you need help, or at least some more attention from peers in the non-virtual world. Im sorry to be harsh, it's not my usual way of dealing with things, but i think it's getting beyond necessary from all of us members who come to share and discuss real information, instead of telling fibs. In fact I think thats why ATS exists....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This thing was not thrown the second pic has to be about 2 hundred feet in the air

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deadfox223

Look at the telephone post it is 80ft

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deadfox223

You are assuming it is above the pole and further away than the pole ...

Adjust your eyes and think 'just above that house' and tell me what you see then ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"he phone i took these with was an iphone 4s. anybody that has one of these knows that when you open the camera app, it is set on picture/video record as a default depending on how you last had it set. mine happened to be on still photo mode, i wish i had a chance to get video but it literally disappeared as soon as i started snapping (read below for more details) "

Again, 20s, sorry mate, sounds like bogus. But thats a hell of an arm you've got.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I saw an increible UFO event myself.No pictures.Bottom line is the guy provides the evidence and is either hoaxing it or telling the truth.Tired of the idiots who automatically know it is a hoax or is real.How do you people have this magic ability to know things that are a hoax when this case is clearly not so easy to tell if it is a hoax.

Then the guy provides a picture of the dog when he was asked to do so.People still somehow scream hoax.

Unprofessional skepticism that is dishonest is no skepticism at all.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthling88

The time inconsistency was explained prior due to an apparent timestamp inaccuracy in the device, referring to a court case where evidence couldn't be used due to the problem. Not sure myself.
edit on 12-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
I saw an increible UFO event myself.No pictures.Bottom line is the guy provides the evidence and is either hoaxing it or telling the truth.Tired of the idiots who automatically know it is a hoax or is real.How do you people have this magic ability to know things that are a hoax when this case is clearly not so easy to tell if it is a hoax.

Then the guy provides a picture of the dog when he was asked to do so.People still somehow scream hoax.

Unprofessional skepticism that is dishonest is no skepticism at all.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

I agree, there is no reason to jump to conclusions. We should be charitable enough to not call him a liar and intelligent enough to not just take his word for it. We should ask questions and test ideas ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
At 13:41:36 the object is upside down, and shows that it is hollow like a bowl. It seems shinier inside the bowl, than it is, outside the bowl, in the other two photos. The sun appears to be up high, behind him, slightly to the right. That is consistent with the shadows on the house, and the reflections on the bowl.
edit on 12-4-2012 by zayonara because: correction

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

I can take a photo of my dog and tell you hes sick if you like. I didnt call it hoax until it was proven to be one. It is a blatant lie in his statement of what happened. His phone was able to take two photo's in two seconds. He took them all as fast as he could before it "dissapeared". Snapping three photo's in 20 seconds. I do understand exacty what your saying, but this is bust. I know im not the only one when i say I've had enough of it. I believe its a thrown object.....

And even then, the dog looks ok.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The first pic just looks to clear to be anything far away, if it was far away the detail wouldn't be so clear, it looks so small but so clear that it looks like a cake tin or something, could throw a rock and hit it, that is unless aliens are tinyyyyy and thats the actual size of their spaceships

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join