It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

You can see in this post www.abovetopsecret.com... that he has gone to lengths to hide his address from people here at ATS. Its obvious that he didnt realize about the GPS data in his pics.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Privacy concerns are between the OP and the moderators. We're here to debunk or confirm the evidence provided and discuss accordingly within the framework made available to us.
edit on 12-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow, if I ever see a ufo and snap a pic of it (or 3), I'm never posting it here

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Proof that too much information is being collected by our gadgets ....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
So, we have 43.9° large for the field of view; taking two of the three OP's photo that shows the object in leftmost and rightmost positions gives us the field of view for object's visibility:

Now, reporting these measurements on the GM view, we have:

With the pink/blue striped area that is the field of view of object's position, could be helpful for trying to determine, for example, from where it could have been thrown.

Awesome work ... I would say a throw to the street would be the likely place if an object was thrown. Most likely a person would not want to hit anything that might cause damage. So a throw designed to make it land in the street maybe? Can you determine the height of the object if it was above the street? And from that the approx size?

Or maybe even over that house/building like it was thrown from that parking area in back of the house/building ...

What would the size/height be over that house? Then the object could land in front of the house or street ...

edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Awesome work ... I would say a throw from the street would be the likely place if an object was thrown. Can you determine the height of the object if it was above the street? And from that the approx size?

Good question. If we can get the angle between the ground and the camera view point, we could use trig to get the height, and the rough size of the object to see if matches that of a regular kitchen item. We could get an idea of the probability of this being a photo of an object being thrown from the street.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
IMHO, Where is the 4th VW hubcap?

Maybe someone was throwing hubcaps, OP saw it, and legitimately thinks he saw a UFO. Once you convince yourself it's a UFO, everything else looks like UFO behavior...including the sick dog. The mind is putty.

EDIT: OP never claimed he saw a UFO. He saw a metallic disc.
edit on 12-4-2012 by zayonara because: added info.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is absolutely hilarious. 1st we have those on ATS "Pics or it didn't happen". Well we got pics and we got some good pics. Unfortunately the pics are soooo good that everyone yells "fake". Not to mention everyone on here becomes a UFO expert like they have ever seen one before. Everyone tries so hard to debunk what likely is a real case. I've seen one before & trust me when I say it is so hard to even explain some of the # it does.

The aliens might as well start landing and letting us take tours of these UFO's. Heck let us even take pictures because in the end our ignorance will ruin it anyways.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
So, we have 43.9° large for the field of view; taking two of the three OP's photo that shows the object in leftmost and rightmost positions gives us the field of view for object's visibility:

Now, reporting these measurements on the GM view, we have:

With the pink/blue striped area that is the field of view of object's position, could be helpful for trying to determine, for example, from where it could have been thrown.

Awesome work ... I would say a throw from, or rather to, the street would be the likely place if an object was thrown. Most likely a person would not want to hit anything that might cause damage. So a throw designed to make it land in the street maybe? Can you determine the height of the object if it was above the street? And from that the approx size?

Or maybe even over that house/building like it was thrown from that parking area in back of the house/building ...

What would the size/height be over that house? Then the object could land in front of the house or street ...

The fact this much work has to be done to debunk leads me to think it's an actual real photo.

link   
Wow, im never uploading a pic on this site now ive seen this. Weird that instead of talking about the UFO and Alien,s everyone is talking about if its fake. Is that all that happens now?

link   

Originally posted by zayonara
IMHO, Where is the 4th VW hubcap?

Maybe someone was throwing hubcaps, OP saw it, and legitimately thinks he saw a UFO. Once you convince yourself it's a UFO, everything else looks like UFO behavior...including the sick dog. The mind is putty.

The OP would then see the object being thrown up and falling down. He said that it was literally still in the air, so he's either hoaxing or photographed something still in the air, but he's unlikely to be mistaking it for a thrown hubcap.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
And the real idiots are the ones who flagged this garbage! People like this op is whats killing ATS's credibility! A good website, that can have great ideas, information, and topics is going to hell in a hand-basket with this kind of garbage being posted daily!

That's a little over the top don't you think?

IMO the only thing really bringing down ATS are post like this ...

No analysis ... just blanket statements and name calling

You're no skeptic just someone who already has his mind made up ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitestrider
Wow, im never uploading a pic on this site now ive seen this. Weird that instead of talking about the UFO and Alien,s everyone is talking about if its fake. Is that all that happens now?

We're not trying to debunk, we're trying to confirm the legitimacy of the photograph so we can then get excited about it. We can only do that if all other explanations are improbable beyond reasonable doubt. So far it's holding up pretty well.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Wow, if I ever see a ufo and snap a pic of it (or 3), I'm never posting it here

The simple fact is there are way to many smart people on ATS, with allot of time, gadgets and know how flush out BS'ers when they post Hoax's.

Stick to the truth and the facts, they are much easier to deal with.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

In my opinion the photo isn't fake. Its a real photo but of what?

An object thrown caught in mid flight?

An object hovering for some duration and flying away?

Only the OP knows for sure ...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong though guys. I appreciate the work some of you can do to validate a photo. With so much technology it's almost impossible not to be questioned.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by HawkeyeNation

In my opinion the photo isn't fake. Its a real photo but of what?

An object thrown caught in mid flight?

An object hovering for some duration and flying away?

Only the OP knows for sure ...

Ya I see what you are saying. Too bad he couldn't have gotten a little video to go with it but we can't be greedy, lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Exactly, so far we've only come up with

1. iPhone app photo editing
  2. Object thrown in the air
  3. Object hovering and flying away
We're given tonnes of data here, anything else? Nobody could agree on whether the lighting is consistent with an actual real object though. The light source reflecting on the object appears to shift, at second glance.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join