It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! I have a difficult riddle to resolve!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Okay, here is the very complicated riddle that i'm faced with:
There is two twins. They both acts the same way, and do exactly what the other one do. But one of the two twins stealed a bracelet. The guilty one say that it is not him but the other twin, and the other twin say that he is innocent (which he truly is). But i can't find who between the two twins is innocent and guilty (and the guilty twin doesn't give any clue to where is the bracelet, and systematicly deny its guilt).
Can someone help me?

P.S. Its a metaphorical riddle, but i truly need to know the solution.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
tell em the other one told you they did it, and your not mad, you just want to know why they would lie to you about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Are you sure there is not more to this riddle? We have too little information to provide an answer.

I think I have heard something like this before, but in my version one twin only lies, and one twin
only tells the truth...?
edit on 11-4-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It was you! If you know that the other twin is innocent, than that's because you are the guilty twin!

link   
You need Brain Fingerprinting.

...researchers noticed a unique pattern in his or her 'P300' brain wave activity. They were then able to associate these patterns with a student's "guilty knowledge" ...

link   
Ask the twins this...

If I were to of ask you yesterday...

Would you say that you took the bracelet.

That's assuming she's a liar and a thief.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My suggestion is that you do your own homework. There is much to be gained by puzzling out riddles like this, asking someone for the short answer will not benefit you in any way. Build character, do your own work, draw your own conclusions, learn.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Tell them that no one is going to get in trouble.

Then alert them that the 'bracelet', is actually a magical device that can save the world from the super-bad guys. And that those bad guys are going to make us all cry forever.

And that if one of them gives the bracelet, we can save the world and be happy and no one will get in trouble.

If neither gives the bracelet, you will have to consider that neither of them actually know what happened to it and both of them are in fact innocent.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know a very similar riddle that goes like this:
You are trapped in a room with two doors. One door leads to Hell while the other leads to Heaven. You don't know which door is which. Along with you in the room are two birds, one good and one bad. The bad bird ALWAYS lies, and the good bird ALWAYS tells the truth. Both birds know which door leads to Heaven and which leads to Hell. You don't know which bird is which. You can only ask ONE bird ONE question. Once you pick a door, you are stuck with it. How do you get to Heaven?

The riddle is solved by asking one bird "What would the other bird say if I asked them which door is the one to Heaven?" Take that bird's response and choose the opposite door.

Not the same, but it sounds very similar. Also, I think you may have left out a HUGE bit of info from your riddle. Good luck!
edit on 11-4-2012 by wWizard because: spelling error fixed

edit on 11-4-2012 by wWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is this what your looking for?

www.cut-the-knot.org...

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If this truely is a riddle and one of the twins has to lie and the other has to tell the truth, then...

pick one and ask him "who would the other person say stole it if you were to ask him?" think about that for a second.

If you ask the truth tell who the liar would say stole it, you will get an incorrect answer.

If you ask the liar who the truth teller would say stole it, you will get an incorrect answer again. (because the liar wont tell you the truth teller's correct response.)

So how ever they tell you, pick the opposite and you will be good too go.

Hope this helps

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart
Okay, here is the very complicated riddle that i'm faced with:
There is two twins. They both acts the same way, and do exactly what the other one do. But one of the two twins stealed a bracelet. The guilty one say that it is not him but the other twin, and the other twin say that he is innocent (which he truly is). But i can't find who between the two twins is innocent and guilty (and the guilty twin doesn't give any clue to where is the bracelet, and systematicly deny its guilt).
Can someone help me?

P.S. Its a metaphorical riddle, but i truly need to know the solution.

You ask either twin: "If you were the other twin, which one of you would you say stole the bracelet?" No matter which one they indicate, it's the opposite one as having stolen it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks, you all! You answered my riddle! Sorry to have bothered you, but i neede the answer!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Easy say if the truthful one speaks up youll give him 20 bucks and the dishonest one youll give him nothing. So they both own up and your give them 20 bucks each. Wow why is that prob so hard to work out.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The way to resolve it as follows:

Tie one down to guillotine and threaten to chop the head off if one of them doesn't confess.

The one that confesses is more than likely to be the one who didn't do it, and is just covering for the other twin out of love and wants to protect them.

The one that doesn't confess is the guilty party.

OR....

You can just shoot both of them.

Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

join