It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible to visit ATS from my smartphone due to advertisement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dear mods/admins/technicians,

When I try to visit ATS from my Android based smartphone I get redirected to an advertisement. If I hit the "back" button, the frontpage starts to load again and when it's almost done I get redirected once again. My "pop-up-blocker" is on.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Regenstorm

Use the mobile site (see the banner in my post). Its a watered down version but you dont have to worry about ads. I'm assuming you didn't know about the mobile site but if im wrong then nevermind

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Okay I just visited the main site without problems. I dont know why your getting redirected and im not??? Maybe its not ats redirecting you! (no idea).

I do have some tips for you, bookmark whatever you visit on ats so you can go straight to that forum or whatever you want without needing to go through the home page. It will save your battery tons

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

The main site works fine from my Motorola Droid I. The only hiccup is the little ribbon banner sometimes blocks threads where I can't click on the thread without clicking on the banner and vice versa. It is a minor inconvenience.

I never load to the front page though, I bookmarked the MyAts page as my start page in ATS for my phone.

I've never tried the mobile site, maybe I should check it out. I bet it loads a lot faster.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
With my HTC Evo 4G (Rooted, CM7) I get no ads where ever I go even if the site naturally has adverts due to Rom Toolbox's ad blocking host filters. Perhaps this could be a possibility if you have an android device and don't mind rooting your device.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fopicon

Ah, yes, a rooted Evo 4g (Energy 2.3.5, Sense 3.5) has no problems at all, either. I have myATS set as a quick page in Dolphin, and it zips along quite nicely. I recommend Dolphin browser (mini) for any Android device. You can find it in the Play Store, for free. Full featured, and lightning fast.

new topics

top topics

join