It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Almost Walks Into Bear While Texting (vid)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
One thing that Pi$$e$ me off so much is seeing people with their heads down, glued to their little life line and texting...many times to the person next to them! And when you try to draw them into the REAL World again, it's only to be met with monosyllabic, incoherent, cave-man like grunts, groans and gestures.

But I digress...

I'm thinking this guy might pay a little more attention to where he's walking next time...

Texting + Idiot = Poop Scoot Boogie...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
*Rolls on the floor laughing* I mean come on this ain't normal circumstances..

The Guys walking along minding his own business, sending a nice text message to his Girlfriend when suddenly there's a bear on the footpath, Face it, it's not something you expect to have to look out for

edit on 11/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You know that is funny. I wonder if he dropped the cell phone, if the bear would pick it up and and start texting and who would he text or tweet to?

This is not the first time a person has gotten into trouble by texting non stop without paying attention. Several years ago, there was that woman who was texting and fell into a fountain at a mall.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
*Rolls on the floor laughing* I mean come on this ain't normal circumstances..

The Guys walking along minding his own business, sending a nice text message to his Girlfriend when suddenly there's a bear on the footpath, Face it, it's not something you expect to have to look out for

edit on 11/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Who knows what wild things lurk in the alleys of our cities?

I mean really? You couldn't see this as a potential hazard of texting while walking?

Didn't even have the thought of snapping a pic...damn!

Peace

edit on 11-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
this guy probably texts when he drives too! pay attention to the real world people. heres your flag.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Haha! Laughed pretty hard when I saw how startled he became. Bet you don't expect to see one of those walking down the sidewalk in your neighborhood everyday. I would've ran pretty fast too!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow!
He was really into that phone...
I wonder if the bear growled and made him jump?
I think he could have ran faster!
Good post

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"poop scootin' boogie" Now that right thar is funeeee!
This event made me think it would be a good part for one of those prankster shows. A bear in the city oh man, what could go wrong?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
He probably ran away texting, "Help! Help!"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Didn't even have the thought of snapping a pic...damn!

To be honest i reckon his pants would have filled so fast in that instant that he would have needed to make a quick retreat home without any chances of fulfilling his photography habit

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
Haha! Laughed pretty hard when I saw how startled he became. Bet you don't expect to see one of those walking down the sidewalk in your neighborhood everyday. I would've ran pretty fast too!

If you seen the area where I live, this is an everyday occurrence. Forgot to tell my wife when we came back from Korea a few years back and now she knows. Met a big brute in the back yard AFTER she walked in and closed the gate behind her.

She turned around and met the big bugger, froze, pooped a little and then she went one way while the bear ran the other way and tried to come into our house by busting through the door.

She got away and so did the bear but she never goes to the alley again without a flashlight and something to make a noise with. She's so cute...

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm crying LMAO

Oh my god lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wow you guys have full news coverage of a bear, I mean a chopper? Is that really needed?
Must of been a slow news day.

I don't know much about bears but I thought the last thing you were meant to do was turn around and run.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
and i thought nearly walking into a lamp post while texting was bad....

lesson learnt?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A little off topic, but the notion of involuntary evacuation of liquid/solid waste is just funny, for the most part. When I was 16, I was out hunting in Louisiana, and it was getting late as I headed back to the truck. Now a few days earlier I watched and was terrorized by a movie called the Faulk Monster(now I can laugh at the cheesiness in that movie), which is a swamp version of bigfoot that resides in the Ozarks and Northern Louisiana areas.

The light was quickly fading when out of nowhere a loud, bellowing and long drawn out animalistic sound comes from the treeline!

I stopped froze and peed myself all in an instance, I mean it just came out of me, and the hairs on my entire body stood up! In my mind the Faulk monster had found me and I was paralyzed with fear. Then, out of the woods came a friggin giant donkey!

I had never heard the depth and variance in a donkey's....cry(?) and was greatly relieved as I chuckled to myself, whew!
Anyways, judes story of his wife reminded me of this so I thought I'd share, as a testament to being so scared we can s*&# or piss ourselves.

I hope this is not TMI
Oh well, too late!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
Wow you guys have full news coverage of a bear, I mean a chopper? Is that really needed?

I don't know much about bears but I thought the last thing you were meant to do was turn around and run.

This guy doesn't even pay attention enough to his surroundings that he almost steps on the toes of a bear...do you honestly think that he knows anything about survival even in the slightest degree?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies

I would imagine if something that shocking and happening that quickly and unexpectedly, you just go by pure instinct and...RUN!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
A little off topic, but the notion of involuntary evacuation of liquid/solid waste is just funny, for the most part. When I was 16, I was out hunting in Louisiana, and it was getting late as I headed back to the truck. Now a few days earlier I watched and was terrorized by a movie called the Faulk Monster(now I can laugh at the cheesiness in that movie), which is a swamp version of bigfoot that resides in the Ozarks and Northern Louisiana areas.

The light was quickly fading when out of nowhere a loud, bellowing and long drawn out animalistic sound comes from the treeline!

I stopped froze and peed myself all in an instance, I mean it just came out of me, and the hairs on my entire body stood up! In my mind the Faulk monster had found me and I was paralyzed with fear. Then, out of the woods came a friggin giant donkey!

I had never heard the depth and variance in a donkey's....cry(?) and was greatly relieved as I chuckled to myself, whew!
Anyways, judes story of his wife reminded me of this so I thought I'd share, as a testament to being so scared we can s*&# or piss ourselves.

I hope this is not TMI
Oh well, too late!

It's ATS...Never too much Info IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
lol hahahaha they should use that video clip for any anti texting bylaw. I will bet he is more aware of his surroundings next time

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
lol hahahaha they should use that video clip for any anti texting bylaw. I will bet he is more aware of his surroundings next time

If this kid were smart (big stretch here) he'd make big on this. You're right. Great viral video for Safe Texting...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join