It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dream 24 - Me 1!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
FINALLY!

Last night I was determined to experience this Lucid dreaming thing. Been trying for years now and I finally was able to break the seal.

This was the first night that I combined Mugwort (smoked) with Valerian root. I used the method that involves waking up earlier than your typical alarm, reading about Lucid Dreaming, then falling asleep after 30 minutes to 1 hour.

What happened when I fell asleep was I had a dream I was driving, but kept dozing off. I freaked out! But to my surprise, I realized I was dreaming! I stopped panicking, quickly spun myself in circles (I heard this helps you change scenery) and found myself promptly at my work place that did not actually resemble my work place. The following dreams ended up being me experimenting with concepts but finding I lacked control to complete anything. Although alot of the experience was hazy I DO recall that every time I entered a new dream, I promptly looked at my hand and "AHA!" I am dreaming! After that, the dreams become foggy and uncentered, kind of like I had imbibed to much alcohol and don't remember my actions. It felt like I had a typically rough binge drinking night (without the hangover)

I am ecstatic, and am looking forward to honing the skills and becoming an avid Lucid Dreamer.

Any tips for increasing my control? I haven't done research on these things because I was always on that first stage trying to have one in the first place!

YAY!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Are you keeping a dream journal? If not I suggest that be the first thing you start working on, just log every dream you have (if you have the time) in a notebook or on a computer whatever you find best to work with. Doing this should drastically improve your dream recall giving you more chances of becoming lucid!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Azjazzer8

Sir i applaud you!

It takes a well disciplined mind and the ability to navigate one's soul to achieve controlled dreaming, Good work

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rablat

I've placed a journal next to my bedside and simply CAN NOT for the life me pull myself up from a dream and write it down. I either forget, am too tired, or simply lazy.

Is it as valuable to do it later in the day?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
personally I think it's best to do it when the dream is still fresh in your mind but even if it is later in the day as long as you keep at it I'm sure you will notice a difference.

When I first started keeping a proper dream journal I started to have so many dreams every night(or I just started to remember them) it was overwhelming almost
It's amazing how much it helps.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8
Although alot of the experience was hazy I DO recall that every time I entered a new dream, I promptly looked at my hand and "AHA!" I am dreaming! After that, the dreams become foggy and uncentered, kind of like I had imbibed to much alcohol and don't remember my actions.

I am ecstatic, and am looking forward to honing the skills and becoming an avid Lucid Dreamer.

Any tips for increasing my control? I haven't done research on these things because I was always on that first stage trying to have one in the first place!

YAY!

excellent, im always happy to hear when someone makes a personal breakthtough.

My advice is though is NOT to concider it a dream, think of it more like and experience or an adventure. While it is good to recognize that you ARE in a dream state (in case something ..awkward occurs) perhaps it is that thought in your mind that is still hindering you from furthering your experience.

Personally i think of dreaming as though i am sitting in a theater watching something i have no control over, in a lucid experience i believe that the individual is a step or two closer to thier spitirtual self and a..different level of consciousness.

Some of my own personal experiences have changed my life and helped guide me through it.

Try this...
Once you realize you are in that state (remember, it is different from a dream) try to place yourself in a familiar setting, somewhere you enjoy being in/at, kinda like a "happy place". several times i found myself in a situation i could not control or did not want to be in and i found it good to be able to "teleport" myself to that place.
Also,
if you want to try flying, i found early on that people can not fly, it was easier for me to think of myself as though i was moving through that space, like picking yourself up and bringing yourself to the place you want to be as opposed to "teleporting".

Good luck and i look forward to hearing of your experiences, perhaps you can teach me something when you get the hang of it.

edit on 11-4-2012 by owtFsink because: bad typing skills

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It is best to record the dreams as soon as you wake up. Also fall alseep thinking about having a lucid dream, or just keep telling yourself you will as you fall asleep.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by owtFsink

Try this...
Once you realize you are in that state (remember, it is different from a dream) try to place yourself in a familiar setting, somewhere you enjoy being in/at, kinda like a "happy place". several times i found myself in a situation i could not control or did not want to be in and i found it good to be able to "teleport" myself to that place.
Also,
if you want to try flying, i found early on that people can not fly, it was easier for me to think of myself as though i was moving through that space, like picking yourself up and bringing yourself to the place you want to be as opposed to "teleporting".

Good luck and i look forward to hearing of your experiences, perhaps you can teach me something when you get the hang of it.

edit on 11-4-2012 by owtFsink because: bad typing skills

The first dream I found myself spinning and teleporting to my classroom that I work in. It is a very comfortable and special place for me, so it apparently was my natural reflex in the altered state.

I also am toying with the idea that these new experiences are actual realities that can be inter connected with other experiencers.

Also slightly wary that my actions in dreams will have a psychic effect on those people that are in my life now. Although my intent is pure, I worry that this state influences the present. Could this perhaps drip into someone elses experience?

Also, any advice on false awakenings? Or is this simply an accepted aspect of the experience. I had maybe 5 or 6 false awakenings where I found myself bringing my hand to my face to tell myself I was dreaming.

Very fun indeed... I feel like I will be able to accomplish some spiritual growth while sleeping. Sleep no longer feels like wasted time.

Thanks for the advice!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh, interesting.

I naturally lucid dream but I did once take valerian root, thinking that it would help with my sleep issues (sleep paralysis, false wakings, and my body's attempt to go OOB).

It scared me so bad that I gave away the valerian root. I could actually FEEL my muscles relax.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8
The first dream I found myself spinning and teleporting to my classroom that I work in. It is a very comfortable and special place for me, so it apparently was my natural reflex in the altered state.

its always good to have that reassurance that my advice is not something that is strictly applied to my own personal experiences

I also am toying with the idea that these new experiences are actual realities that can be inter connected with other experiencers.

Also slightly wary that my actions in dreams will have a psychic effect on those people that are in my life now. Although my intent is pure, I worry that this state influences the present. Could this perhaps drip into someone elses experience?

scary thought but very real possibilty, i have had experiences that involved other people around me and sometimes it can be uncomfortable afterwards even detrimental, especially when that other person does not understand what is happening during or even after the experience, something to concider, and while i cannot say how others are affected, in my personal experiences it seemed to be related to proximity but i would be reluctant to limit that as a cause.
. If you have time you can read about one inparticular which i recently posted, the link is in my siggy...

Also, any advice on false awakenings? Or is this simply an accepted aspect of the experience. I had maybe 5 or 6 false awakenings where I found myself bringing my hand to my face to tell myself I was dreaming.

i really cant give any definitve advice on this, i think it simply has to do with the state of the mind and the body at the time of the experience. trying different settings or techniques may help...

Very fun indeed... I feel like I will be able to accomplish some spiritual growth while sleeping. Sleep no longer feels like wasted time.

Thanks for the advice!

As an afterthought, perhaps it is the valerian or some other chemical (from food or water) in your system causing the false awakenings/ hazy visions?
edit on 11-4-2012 by owtFsink because: to add

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by owtFsink

its always good to have that reassurance that my advice is not something that is strictly applied to my own personal experiences

scary thought but very real possibilty, i have had experiences that involved other people around me and sometimes it can be uncomfortable afterwards even detrimental, especially when that other person does not understand what is happening during or even after the experience, something to concider, and while i cannot say how others are affected, in my personal experiences it seemed to be related to proximity but i would be reluctant to limit that as a cause.
. If you have time you can read about one inparticular which i recently posted, the link is in my siggy...

As an afterthought, perhaps it is the valerian or some other chemical (from food or water) in your system causing the false awakenings/ hazy visions

Tonight I'm going to try an experiment. I'm going write down in my dream journal my intent to remember my dream and what I want the scenery to be. Next, I'll do what I did before and try valerian with smoked mugwort. Lastly, I'll set my alarm about an hour and a half before real wakeup time and read and think about lucid dreaming while ALSO re-reading my intention from my journal.

I will read your other thread, and have it swimming in my head at bed time.

Thanks for the advice, it always helps to converse about this stuff and continue the growth. :-)

top topics

join