It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: N. Korea Missile Launch Expected in Next 24 to 48 Hours

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Its is a failed spy satellite..

These guys got this from china..

Guranteed

Nah. I heard it was going to broadcast music in tribute to their dear leader.

You changed your avatar.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fugazzi777

0-4 on what? calling the US's bluffs?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

0 for 4 on rocket launches......they have yet to ever have a successful launch

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

A spokesman for the Defence Ministry in Seoul told journalists that the rocket had broken up and crashed into the sea a few minutes after launch.

Officials from Japan confirmed the mission had failed, while ABC News cited U.S. officials saying it had failed, although there was no immediate indication of where it fell.

source

So, a bunch of hype for no reason? No word from North Korea here about what happened with the launch attempt. Will they claim it shot down or fess up to failure?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

in the past North Korea just denied that there was a failure when their rocket crashed....they might play that card again, but I bet they blame South Korea

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
props to all of us that said this
launch wasn't going to be successful
"one way or another"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
props to all of us that said this
launch wasn't going to be successful
"one way or another"

I want my popcorn money back, this sitcom ended terribly.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

See how dangerous this is? Their backward and dangerous technology is putting peoples lives at risk. If they do a another test it will get further out towards other countries. This cannot be allowed unless they can prove beyond all doubt they will injure nobody but themselves.

The test is a fail. Their technology is a fail and their terrorist leaders are a fail also.

This also shows China is giving little help to them. China has had the capability to safely do this for quite a while. If they were that close to NK politically they would have given them their secrets.

Anyone who supports NK's right to test like this a terrorist sympathiser and I hope all the terrorist sympathisers are satisfied now!
edit on 12-4-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Its is a failed spy satellite..

These guys got this from china..

Guranteed

At least it isn't just me getting broken or useless merchandise from China!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Oh geez, do you sound like a broken record, really, no space program is perfect, a US satellite could fall on your head tomorrow and you would still spout about NK having backward and useless tech, assuming of course it only took off the top half of your head, any lower and you would lose your mouth, though I am sure you would continue making unintelligible whistling noises while you continued to pass hot air. Your objections have little to do with actual safety concerns, and are politically motivated, that is obvious. The have as much right to explore space as anyone else. I wonder how your countries space program would do/have done without the UK's help, probably no better.

Take off your tinfoil hat, the air in your head will stop expanding from the trapped heat, and get rid of your big head for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

www.abc.net.au...

See how dangerous this is? Their backward and dangerous technology is putting peoples lives at risk. If they do a another test it will get further out towards other countries. This cannot be allowed unless they can prove beyond all doubt they will injure nobody but themselves.

The test is a fail. Their technology is a fail and their terrorist leaders are a fail also.

This also shows China is giving little help to them. China has had the capability to safely do this for quite a while. If they were that close to NK politically they would have given them their secrets.

Anyone who supports NK's right to test like this a terrorist sympathiser and I hope all the terrorist sympathisers are satisfied now!
edit on 12-4-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Look, I doubt this will put your mind at ease but either ET's are real and have been here or we have technology
that "we" haven't "seen". For example, it wouldn't be anywhere close to being far fetched that we could focus a laser type beam from space to slice up that rocket as it stood on the pad. Look at the cool laser pens we all have seen to point at crap on a screen in school.
This is a lame explanation I know, but it would be naive to think that we couldn't prevent a successful launch if we wanted to. The only challenge is to do it without being detected....by those who could even detect it....nobody that could detect it wanted this launch to happen. Not Russia, not China, and not the West. The workings of geo-politics are way above the pay grade of your average Joe, Chen, or Ivan's understanding.
...Even if it was as low tech as being a James Bond mission, this test was going to fail if the powers decided it was necessary.
( don't want to offend the ET crowd, so sure ET and our amazing tech could both exist. Some of us have seen what is certainly one or the other and that includes me)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Russia, China, and the US do have ABM's that can take out rockets like NK's, missiles, and satellites. The first time the Us shot an orbiting satellite down was 1985.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I told you that North Korea is not a dangerous nation! (Well they probably shouldn't play around with explosives like that)

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Russia, China, and the US do have ABM's that can take out rockets like NK's, missiles, and satellites. The first time the Us shot an orbiting satellite down was 1985.

???? laser from space is a few generations more advanced than the ABM's. Also, I was talking about technology that if you ever saw it, it would look like ET stuff to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Take off your tinfoil hat, the air in your head will stop expanding from the trapped heat, and get rid of your big head for you.

Laughable. You are the extremist terrorist government supporting paranoid conspiracy theorist so any references to tin foil can only be made to those who support your side.

This launch proves the technology of lack off is dangerous and needs to be stopped. They have shown this countless times. At other nations did not purposely endanger other nations and lives. NK the laughing of the world at the moment!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I just though that US have many sophisticated satellites in space
maybe they have one with a laser in it that can shoot down missile without being noticed

Its a theory

edit on 4/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
war is good for the economy and good for presidential re-election. Even if it was a space missle im pretty sure we would stick our american noses in their buisness.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

extremist terrorist government supporting paranoid conspiracy theorist so any references to tin foil can only be made to those who support your side.

You sure you couldn't a few more descriptive modifiers to describe NK in your rant?

Hello!?!?!....ATS...Conspiracy and alternative new site, we are all conspiracy theorists to some degree or we would not be here, and just because a person is paranoid, does not mean someone is not out to get them. Besides I accidentally sat on my tinfoil hat and impaled myself while it turned into a pie plate, i think I might have Aluminum poisoning....ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel faint.....................

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I heard on the news that NK Officials declared on state TV that the launch was a success.

edit on 13/4/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Team America!!! F Yeah!!!!111

Someone has to dole out punishment to the insolent petty little dictatorial governments!

Team America!!! F Yeah!!!!111

They obviously used a super secret space based platform (possibly with sharks and lasers) to

shoot down the rocket before it became a threat to the world.
edit on 4·13·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join