It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: N. Korea Missile Launch Expected in Next 24 to 48 Hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

Your question is confusing. Is your question supposed to be rhetorical?

Yeah, why would North Korea want parts falling in or near populated areas of foes and allies? North Korea does not have that great of a track record of being successfull when it comes new technology. There is great concern that if there was a failure, it could be devestating.

The 1st nuclear test they conducted was a failure, the second was a fizzle, the 2006 missile test.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
When I was at school I was always being told what to do, did I listen? NO who the hell are the Americans to tell them if they can or can’t launch a satellite or not, I say go for it N. Korea launch and good luck to you...
This hits the nail on the head

“But Paek Chang-ho says in lecturing North Korea, America is behaving the way you would talk to a child”
and "We are an adult," Mr Paek tells me, adding "what I am saying [to America] is do not interfere into our business".

Regards Jay

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm in Sydney and I swear to the Gods that if one stamen on one of my flowers in my backyard is even slightly disturbed by this missile launch then the world will see the consequences of pissing off the Aussies.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
North Korea has every right to shoot rockets at space. I dont see what the big deal is here. I would laugh if they had some backups and just kept launching until we missed one haha

They have right to launch rockets into space, sure. The problem is that they are not trusted by the global community due to threats, erratic behavior, and a suffering north korean populace.

Question is who made the western nations global cops. Apart from a lot of rhetoric, the NK government has not really harmed anyone. The South Korean boat could have been easily sunk by China and the South Korean island shelling could have been just as easily instigated by China (I personally believe it was). History teaches us that The people will overthrow a government if they're as miserable as you say - they may be, but in my opinion, it's not our call to make the decision to remove their government - let them decide - power to the people

When a nation, as such, decides to launch a long-range rocket for the purported purpose of putting a satellite into space, naturally the world is wary as to whether or not this is what they are truly doing. And, in my opinion, the world has a right to worry and to take action.

North Korea has had many opportunities to prove themselves a non-hostile country and have failed to do so. So how are we to react to this?

Why should they prove themselves? They have the right to launch rockets into space as much as anyone else does. To say they have been hostile to the US or other western nations is a stretch of the imagination. Like another member of this forum put it, they are the little chihuahua - all bark and no bite. In my opinion, they pose no real threat to anyone. - they are a diversion to keep the west occupied while China and Russia build up an empire.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As an Aussie I'm some-what concerned by the project trajectory of this thing... for decades Australia has managed to stay on positive or relatively neutral terms with most of Asia, while the US has managed to increase the hatred directed towards it. Here we are not long after they started increasing US military presence in "the top end" and suddenly North Korea is pointing rockets at/over us. I just pray that Australia doesn't end up being caught up in any negative behaviour from Asian countries directed at the US.

If it turns out the rocket really is for launching a satellite, I'd put bets on it being a spy satellite for keeping tabs on South Korea/US forces...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

They have right to launch rockets into space, sure.

yeah OK but keep it out of our backyard. They have no right to endanger any other country but their own with their "mickey mouse" technology.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

If it turns out the rocket really is for launching a satellite, I'd put bets on it being a spy satellite for keeping tabs on South Korea/US forces...

So only the US, and by extension, it's allies, are allowed to have spy satellites?

Sorry, but the US, nor it's allies get to decide this, at this point, it goes beyond any resemblance of equal footing, it becomes a world bully telling other what they can, and can't do. Space is not only the domain of the US, they do not "own" it, nor should they.

I wonder if the MSM describe US rocket launches as "missiles"? oh wait, that is rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Just keep their junk technology on their side of the fence. They have no right to fly over anybodies airspace or territorial waters. Period

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Just keep their junk technology on their side of the fence. They have no right to fly over anybodies airspace or territorial waters. Period

You do realize that by the time it reaches anything you think is "Anybodies airspace or territorial waters" it will likely be above, as in space, or do you consider the space above your country to be "territorial space" as well?

Were you this upset what US satellites, or Russian satellites were falling out of the sky? Or is it just because it is Iran, and it is PC to be mad at them?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It is NK, not Iran. And yes, we were very upset when the fully fueled Russian satellite was crashing to the earth, it sparked many doomsday threads on ATS. The US has the technology to shoot our own satellites down, and we have done so in the past to prevent damaging other countries.

Also, NK has obligations to refrain from using this type of technology, they have no ability to mitigate any accidents, they have no need for a weather satellite in the first place, and they have a terrible track record of safety for launches. There are plenty of reasons to be concerned. They have also pre-emptively threatened Japan and everyone else that tries to protect their own country by shooting this thing down. They also have a starving population while they spend billions on this BS that violates their international obligations and treaties.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

it will likely be above

Prove it will. With their backward technology compared to the rest of the world.

Were you this upset what US satellites, or Russian satellites were falling out of the sky?

Yes I remember Skylab well. Agreed not happy

Their crappy technology that cannot be trusted. Supporting their right to endanger others = Terrorist sympathiser

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I didn't offer an opinion one way or the other whether they are/aren't allowed to launch spy satellites. I simply offered a theory, one which would explain why the US is being so vocal about not wanting the launch to go ahead.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If this missile is really intended to test your missile defense systems you should half expect the defenses to fail on purpose. If USA really is intending to provoke this war, this is a perfect chance to set up a nasty little accident. Oops, the missile went undetected lets declare war and invade Korea.

If 9/11 was a conspiracy i am sure it can be arranged to let a Korean bomb drop on a few innocent people, it doesn't matter people are expendable. :p
edit on 12-4-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, here in Brasil, the last time we tried to launch a sattelite, an "accident"(ahem... sabotage), happened... check out the link(Wikipedia)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OurSecretHouseCLUB33

have to say, wasnt a great video game,a bit meh...
but seriously the trailer and intro scared some urine right down my trouser leg

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

seriously though...how far can you launch fosters tins into the air?
sorry just minitrolling.lol

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
When I was at school I was always being told what to do, did I listen? NO who the hell are the Americans to tell them if they can or can’t launch a satellite or not, I say go for it N. Korea launch and good luck to you...
This hits the nail on the head

“But Paek Chang-ho says in lecturing North Korea, America is behaving the way you would talk to a child”
and "We are an adult," Mr Paek tells me, adding "what I am saying [to America] is do not interfere into our business".

Regards Jay

You don't have kids do you? Let me clue you in. NK is behaving exactly like a child. They want to be treated like an adult but only have the responsibilities we give to a 16yr old.
NK accepts, and demands "their parents" to provide food.... and they lie, manipulate, throw a tantrum in order to get what they want.
I tell ya what.......as soon as NK can feed itself without throwing little fits about needing aid from the West, and decide they are going to act like an adult, then you can make an argument for letting them have the keys to the car..
Until then.......we blow the crap out of this missile and send the petulant child to their room with no supper!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's time for the US to bomb Iran and blame it on North Korea

edit on 12-4-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertruck99
reply to post by Kryties

seriously though...how far can you launch fosters tins into the air?
sorry just minitrolling.lol

Just wait till those coffee grinds get all over your driveway. Karma's a B.

edit on 12-4-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It is NK, not Iran.

My bad, brain fart, my brain was thinking NK, my fingers typed Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join