It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: N. Korea Missile Launch Expected in Next 24 to 48 Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Fuel = trajectory and distance

Whatever...

This should be an interesting event though.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

we are to react in a friendly non aggressive way. Let them test their rockets and stay out of their business. If they want to usher in their own destruction they will become hostile but self preservation would deter them from that. We have no business telling other nations how to act. Or what they can and cannot due for that matter. Smells like propaganda, looks like propaganda, hey probably propaganda right?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Should be fun, It's been a slow few news days and the whole Syria thing is getting boring. Time for some International soap opera delivered in a way only this world can.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
We the US funded this launch. By providing food to the people of NK we allowed NK to divert funds to this rocket rather than feeding their own people Funny how that works. Not sure why we don't just ignore NK until they do something that is an act of war then take em out, IF they actually ever do anything that is an act of war. They play us like a harp.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I love the amount of double standards these days. Iran wants nuclear power, US says they are building nukes. North Korea wants to explore space, US says its a cover for a missile. When has US intelligence ever been wrong? People have been conditioned to never trust anyone but our government. Look where that has gotten us. We aren't the top dog anymore, instead of fearing the rest of the world catching up we should be joining together and pool our resources to address the worlds problems.

Problem is you can't fight wars if there is cooperation between nations.

All I see is the rest of the world catching up to the US in technology. Sure its taken them longer, but its nice to see. Its not like everyone on the planet is out to get each other. I have faith in humanity.

Problem is our great leaders fear real change on this planet.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I posted this in anotherforumwhoshallnotbenamed.

Funny story, I was concerned about this last night. So I
Proceeded to have a dream where I was with a friend ( I don't know/remember who) but I saw a missile 'explode' or something of the like. And I was like.

"IT'S NORTH KOREA!! IT'S #ING NORTH KOREA!!!!!"
And no one would listen to me, because hardly anyone freakin watches the news anymore.
(also last night, I talked with a friend who doesn't watch the news and has no idea what is going on in the world.
Which is probably the reason behind the part of no one believing what I was saying.)

In my dream I thought it was a nuke, so I was thinking to myself "okay, prepare for the blast."

It never came. I've always had the idea in my mind. For some odd reason. That an attack on the US would be an EMP.

Maybe I've just played too much CoD. :p

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
24-48 hours

Hmm just in time for Friday the 13th perhaps, it's already the 12th in that pat of the World.....

Hopefully it's just a Satellite as they claim or we may be close to the Kill shot as stated by that remote viewer Ed Dames where North Korea nukes South Korea as a precursor before the kill shot? As talked about in this thread:

Ed Dames' Predictions and the X-37B,

As in say we shoot it down or an 'Ally' does then Lil Kim gets angry and sends a Nuke to Seoul in retaliation starting WW3....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

When has US intelligence ever been wrong?
reply to post by cconn487

Lets, see, let me count the ways... US intelligence was wrong (lied) about Saddam having WMD's and harboring Al Queda members, yet we still stayed in Iraq for 8 plus years.
They were wrong about Bin Laden being in Afghanistan, at least after 02 or 03.
They were wrong when they "claimed" (lied) that the Libyan and Egyptian uprising was a pro democracy movement, now the muslim brotherhood are in control.
They were wrong (lied) about all of the 9/11 facts, (fabrications) and they were wrong (lied) about a lone gunman in 1963

The one that really gets me is the WMD fabrication that was used as a pretext to go to war with Iraq because now theyre pulling the same sh.. crap with Iran and people are believing it... idiots, either have short memories or are just naive little sheep.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
NASA was created for military research with the "cover" of civilian space flight. America's spaceflight program was intimately linked, and still is, with the military. I believe the North Korean leaders/owners when they say it is carrying a satellite. It probably is. That doesn't mean they aren't using this launch for knowledge pertaining to military applications. Kind of like how any country that has nuclear power has the knowledge and ability to create nuclear weapons. Our own civilian nuclear power program was created to produce plutonium and cover for our bombs. We needed much more than just the plutonium breeders, like at Hanford, could produce if we were going to have a massive arsenal. Why do you think they canceled thorium reactor research in favor of using the uranium cycle despite thorium being much safer and creating more desirable waste from a civilian view point? They sold us on nuclear power so we wouldn't associate nuclear energy with nuclear bombs despite the two being intimately linked. I could be wrong, but I don't see a difference between their space program and their military. They are intimately linked just like ours.
edit on 11-4-2012 by KillThePoor because: added qualification.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread but since you beat me to it...here are some updates.

www.space.com...

New sat images and close up...

www.space.com...

edit on 11-4-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
reply to post by InsideYourMind

What I can't accept about N. Korea launching a satellite is it's country is destitute and has many enemies. If they are going to spend time, money, and resources, it's NOT going to be on a satellite launch.

Granted, they don't appear to have much in the way of common sense...but, I think they have enough to focus on something more directly suited to their immediate needs, i.e. weapons.

Yeah.

Co-inky-dink?

Sorry if this has already been linked.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

They say it's carrying a satellite. Why can't we accept this is most likely true for one second?

What do they need a weather satellite for?

The country covers an area of 120,549 square kilometers (46,543 square miles), making it slightly smaller than the state of Mississippi.

Read more: Korea, North - Location and size, Population, Industry, Mining, Manufacturing, Construction, Services www.nationsencyclopedia.com...

Mississippi doesn't need a weather satellite, and neither does N. Korea.

Besides that, they have proven time and time again they do not spend their cash and resources on benevolent projects to benefit their people. They let their people starve and they spend their money on military, therefore this can only have a military intention.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1) How does the West know what trajectory the rocket will take with it sitting in launch position? Dont you need to know the preprogrammed co-ordinates to know which way it is going?

2) What Agit8dChop said could be true....Testing on Irans behalf, thou you'd want some damn hard evidence proving this.

3) I think this is more than likely China getting their atack dog to launch a rocket to test the Wests missile defences in the area.

4) If it enters another nations airspace, is that as good as it hitting the ground, hence a declaration of war?

5) Is China using North Korea to bait the West into another war, trying to overstretch them and sitting back and watch them tear?

6) What if they really do have a nuke or EMP device on board provided by China? What if this rocket is a decoy and another gets launched from elsewhere aimed at US/Western targets?

Tooo many what ifs....lets just sit back and watch out tax dollars bring this thing down!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
LOL to the tax dollars
too true

but America is provoking Iran. we've been trying to.
I've got a source connected with one of the carries.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

4) If it enters another nations airspace, is that as good as it hitting the ground, hence a declaration of war?

It will be passing over central Australia according to reports

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

this would explain why we have Marines there. if that hasn't already been discussed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

3) I think this is more than likely China getting their atack dog to launch a rocket to test the Wests missile defences in the area.

me thinks thats a pretty good possibility too!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Well, not long to wait now. I'll hedge my bets on this thing being shot down, either by South Korea or Japan. Or, maybe, that is just what I would like to see happen.

What would the newbie leader's response be to his rocket being shot down? THAT, I want to see even more. My guess? Mumbling and ranting, maybe throwing some knick-knacks around in his room.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I highly doubt it will be shot down by anyone, but I don't think it will make it to space either, just splash down safely in the ocean somewhere. I am confident however that this is a satellite, and in my opinion NK should be allowed to launch it, considering how many satellites there are already in space. NK can't go into war, so there shouldn't be any worry of missile testing.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
What do they need a weather satellite for?
Mississippi doesn't need a weather satellite, and neither does N. Korea.

Mississippi might not need a weather satellite, but it still has one. Why can't NK?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

"I do not see how North Korea could reach a sun-synchronous orbit from the new launch site without risk to populated areas,” he wrote on the SeeSat list. “Launching directly toward the required 192.3 [degree] azimuth would result in a trajectory that skirts China’s east coast near Shanghai. The rocket’s second stage would overfly Taiwan, before impacting in a zone bordering within perhaps 50 km of the west coast of the northern Philippines.”

In order for the North Koreans to get a weather or observation satellite into the proper orbit, these experts say, Pyongyang would have to risk the early stages of its rockets dropping on its neighbors’ and allies’ heads.

Wired

It's pretty clear what North Korea's intentions are, the International community has the right to shoot down whatever threatens it's people.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

"I do not see how North Korea could reach a sun-synchronous orbit from the new launch site without risk to populated areas,” he wrote on the SeeSat list. “Launching directly toward the required 192.3 [degree] azimuth would result in a trajectory that skirts China’s east coast near Shanghai. The rocket’s second stage would overfly Taiwan, before impacting in a zone bordering within perhaps 50 km of the west coast of the northern Philippines.”

In order for the North Koreans to get a weather or observation satellite into the proper orbit, these experts say, Pyongyang would have to risk the early stages of its rockets dropping on its neighbors’ and allies’ heads.

Wired

It's pretty clear what North Korea's intentions are, the International community has the right to shoot down whatever threatens it's people.

How would parts falling on allies heads be of any help to NK?

Eg, if a pat of the rocket fell in the philiphines, although more than likely it would cause no damage there, NK would be blamed, why would NK want that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join