It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Adverts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This topic that I will rant about has most probably affected some members on ATS if not, most.
Now I do not mind the ATS Adverts, I understand that they generate money to run this website. Fine!

I can survive adverts like the woman with fake wrinkles that is 20 years old.

I can survive the 5 tips how to lose belly weight.

I can even survive the amazing mothers that earn $30 an hour while sitting at home looking after 200 children because they are using this website.
BUT.

One thing I cannot survive and cope with when I enjoy the friendliness and the loving community that is within this lovely website, while reading the wonderful topics, rants and news that keep me updated every day.
I love this website but this type of advertisement that I’m about to mention really annoys me. Scares me. Sometimes to the point I think there is someone talking to me

It’s those adverts that have the sound on, the moving video adverts that advertise washing up powder and other wonderful objects that I do not care about hence the fact I do not buy them personally.

TALKING OF THOSE ADVERTS ONE OF THEM JUST TURNED ON.

So what my rant really is trying to say that I personally and I’m sure many other members would wish this stopped because it ruins the whole experience.

Thank you for reading this.

Peace out.

Love you guys

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah....some of us are hiding under our covers with a flashlight and laptop at night....we're supposes to be sleeping. At least that is what our parents think. Those yapping ads get us busted.....

J/K....Des

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Haha yeah I know what you mean.
I like to listen to music. It is what many people enjoy I assume.
Now when I listen to it I usually use headphones so others dont hear it.But I dont usually turn the sound down.So when the headphones are out.It all bursts out and then the damage is done.Not so abovetopsecret haha.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
abine.com
no more adverts

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

This so much.......... good rant bro.

I understand that this site has overheads and don't mind adverts, I just put them to one side and go about my business. I really hate the Ad Mans insistence that we notice them and the snake oil they're selling. I like to listen to music whilst I surf and it grind my gears no end to have this interrupted my some inane nonentity wanting to inform me of the latest wonder product they've been paid shed loads to push on any gullible sucker that falls into the net. Bill hicks will always get my vote on this issue.
“Talking adverts...... Methinks truly a puss filled boil on the backside of humanity, ...get thee gone vile being for thy very being doth offend me greatly.”
(quote: W.Shakespeare
Play: is this ATS I see before me.
Dated:1730 (or half past six in the evening)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You on Firefox? Try Adblock plus. it's a Firefox plugin if you don't there's many other ways to stop Ad's permanently

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes I use firefox.
Thanks for telling me

Will certainly have a look at it.

P.S I cannot see myself using that hence the fact I want to help in a certain way

edit on 11/4/12 by hellzdoms because: Extra things had to be added

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
yes i agree the silent adverts are totally acceptable and i also agree that the audible adverts are extremely annoying. especially when i'm watching a video in a thread. i would quite happily accept twice as many silent adverts if the audible ones were removed. it totally destroys the feel of the site, distracts me from whatever i'm doing on the site and is generally disruptive. i also understand that without adverts ATS would not have the funds to make the site what it is. it's a rather annoying double edged sword.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You are aware that ad blocking is a big no-no on ats?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Oh really?

Well to be honest i cant help it, My ad-blocker which is a standard add on i use tends to do it's Job

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Yeah I certainly do.
Thats why I do not use it because I want ATS to keep on running.
I try to do my best to help this website

new topics

top topics

join