It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could start a petition directly to the White House what would it be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mods please move if deemed necessary. Now people endorse peaceful resolutions to the issues we face. Although I don't agree that any peaceful actions could really make a difference, nobody can say I haven't provided an avenue to do so. Here is a link to create a petition directly to the White House. We The PeopleIf we can get everyone on the same page we could at the very least get a response from the White House. With enough signatures they would have no choice but to respond. Since most members on this site are well informed on current events and issues it shouldn't be hard to get the number a signatures needed. Like I stated before I don't think peaceful resolutions would ever work. Here's your chance to prove me wrong. I will even sign the petition if it's something I agree with. PLEASE NOTE I do not take credit for being the first to find this, it has been discussed here before, mainly on the UFO petition from late last year.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I feel petitions are absolutely useless and accomplish nothing.

That being said, it would be to hold Wall Street accountable for their immoral actions and end bailouts, and to get the corporation out of government.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would reply

"Please don't delete this petition."

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Mandatory IQ tests for every government official.

Under 120? You shouldn't be eligible to hold office

edit on 11-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You know it seems like nobody wants to do anything.

Okay I'll sign your petition.

Just don't be surprised when I'm in charge of things.

(then you'll be #ting your pants.)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would make a petition requesting that ALL Bendy-Busses make accordion noises when they turn corners........

Dammit, It's only gonna be funny if your from the UK

Oh dear Ted....
edit on 11/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Ha! Touche. 2nd

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think they had this idea didn't they? "The People's Book" or some such thing when he first took Office? ANyone else recall the name of it? We could start a petition and get support for the promise it would be seen by Obama... Of course it had about 10% good ideas and 90% UFO's and decriminilization of that which shall not be named
. I stuck my petition in too for an end to Split Speeds on big trucks nation wide.

If I had the chance for another petition today and knowing what I do now? Oh heck.. that is easy! Would it be for speed limits again? No....... World Peace? Naww...... More Jobs? Yeah.. Santa doesn't deliver, why would Obama?

There is only one topic that comes to mind today I would want a petition for with the White House and oh..I'd sign it as #1. A recall petition.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Originally posted by Hawking

Ha! Touche. 2nd

Well Obama's supposed to be 137 so it's not a perfect system, but it's a step in the right direction haha.

Then again, we probably have speed limits higher than George W's IQ

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would send a petition to the whitehouse that we all let the rabbits wear glasses. Also would include the new mandate of listening to the cries of the carrots. Save our brothers!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

George W was entertaining though. That counts for something in this day and age. You should provide something if your job is nothing more than a titleholder.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sorry.

Earlier or above I said I would sign something.......

.......I changed my mind.

I now think you are asking me to petition the U.S.President.

Isn't he busy golfing somewhere?

Don't bother him.

Here I'll give you a number to call..

1-427-663-9216.

(don't call that number!)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

Ahh yes.. at the terrible risk of bringing a little levity to things. I vote we table my recall idea and move forward with yours. Yes, indeed. You're a guy after my own heart. the Plight of the common Rabbit does need to be taken more seriously and those carrots must have our attention. Many generations of young, needy little bunnys depend on clean healthy carrots to grow and develop.

You write it, I'll sign it and get Rabbits everywhere to unite. We can hop it over to 1600 Penn Ave together. Power to the Rabbits!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think my point has been well made. Who really thinks nonviolent intervention is really a viable option? At the current state of things they're viewed as joke or a lead up to a punchline. I tried to create a premise for serious discussion, and it turned into comedic thread. I'm not bashing the posters replies, as the idea in my view warrants these types of responses. And this is coming from a forum of well educated, well researched, well informed, passionate members who really care about these serious issues we face. Now think about the average person who isn't well informed.So how do we really go about fixing these issues? Can we fix these issues as a collective? Do we have to wait for tragedy to open peoples eyes to the economic, political, and geological dangers we face?
edit on 11-4-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
10% tax across the board no exceptions or exemptions. Congress persons House and Senate, to be paid the average salary of the same sex person in their state. No more special interests. Just for a start.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What to petition? I'd petition to outlaw anyone promoting....petitions.

top topics

join