It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion: What are the fundamental causes for mankind's current state? What solutions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree with blue shift.
Ask yourself the question...are you addicted to drama? Could you handle peace? Within yourself and without?
Would the quiet send you mad because then you'd have to deal with just yourself?

If you look at the front page of threads on ats, just scan it, you might well assume that we are all screwed or there is no good news.
Poppycock!
I don't see it this way at all. I see a lot of people addicted to drama, ats thanks you I'm sure.

Pretend like you're in the middle of a massive argument with someone...what should you do?

Walk away, take a deep breath, gather your self and try to think clearly about the situation in stead of the knee jerk, lash out?
Or continue with the argument hoping they are weaker and give in to your point/strength?
alternatively...
If you hand them your fear on a platter they will use it to do great harm, then they'll thank you when they're done, and you'll feel better for a bit, but then what?

Start with yourself
Power belongs to all people

Westerners now now now attitude has a lot to answer for, and we're all guilty of impatience.

You can't fix the problems of many only the problems with yourself, the rest will flow on from there.

Peace to you and yours x

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I understand Ego. I know that I am not separate from you or mankind, therefore, to demonize mankind would be to demonize my Self. I work pretty hard at spreading peace instead of fear, unity instead of separation. It is within me, and I allow it to manifest without me.

If you really want to know what I am about, these are some of my favorite threads that I've authored on ATS:

The World Is Waiting On You To Liberate Yourself From Ego!

You Control Your Emotions, Not Others

Human Unification Through Understanding Spiritual Relativity

Blind Men And An Elephant; Perspective and Relativity

King Dome's Throne Is On Water

Reflections of a Tree

edit on 4/11/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hello there Ophiuchus 13. You say that "power driven individuals with wealth who control from behind the scenes" are the cause of the current state of mankind. I do not disagree, however, do you think that I am the cause... are you also the cause? Are 'power driven individuals' a reflection of the 'small' decisions and actions that we make? Meaning, are the type and quality of our individual decisions and actions the same as those made by 'those who control behind the scenes,' but just on a smaller scale? Are the same causes or mechanisms that drive us the same that drive those of power?

I think it is a great idea for knowledge to be freely and easily accessible for all. The more we live our lives with mindfulness and understanding, the better the odds of us all living free and happy.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I am reminded of Kennedys speech about...there is a power so pervasive it reaches into the lives of everyone....etc etc...
"The Guys With The Money"have always existed........from ancient times to this day......
These elite wealthy groups of people have kept the best of human efforts and invention for themselves, as well as kept the ordinary person living at as mere a subsistance level as the people would put up with.
This problem has gone on ever since the creation of wealth.
The only way to irradicate the class of people who do this is to take from them their means to power.
MONEY

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Please don't get me wrong. Existence and Life is wondrous and beautiful! There is so much untold splendor!

However, we do have an influence on our world.

Starvation, genocide, rape, animal/plant extinction and endangerment, soil/water/air pollution, violence, war, economic slavery, poverty, media propaganda and social engineering used towards brainwashing.....

These issues and many others are extremely serious. How do we all go about turning it around and outputting more peace into our civilization and all of existence? How can we fix these problems together?

edit on 4/30/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join