It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the God haters:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by windword

Go spew your nonsense elsewhere,

you are the exact type who this thread was aimed at

Wow. You claim to be a Christian - ask yourself 'What would Jesus say to Windword?'
Would he
1. React in anger. (like you have just done)
Or
2. Forgive him and try to reason with him.
Or
3.Realising that it is impossible to hate something that you don't believe exists just laugh about it, say nothing and worry about something more important?

Exactly Jesus would probably go with number 2 or 3 because option one is for insecure people who care too much about what other people think. You believe in God, good for you. However there will always be people who have different beliefs to your own.
Just accept it and move on.
Peace.

edit on 14-4-2012 by TattooedWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

how can i hate something that doesn't exist
i do however have some feelings that come close to hate when i observe the damage created by believers. Not only do they refuse to use their mental capacities (that's their choice), they are very active in trying to spread their nonsense.

i learned m dog to start barking when he hears the word "god" and explains this "behavior" to the witnesses by saying he just feels sad because people still turn the word upside down. it should be "dog"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Where to begin with you?

Ok your source, the Daily Mail? Really? You do realise that it's a tabloid newspaper, extremely biased and constantly publishing stories just to get a reaction, right?

To not believe in a pre-defined God means you hate him does it? Wow, ok.. so let's remove the bigotry just for a second and focus on some of Christianities supposed "good" bits, aren't Christians supposed to be forgiving and understanding? Because unless i'm sorely mistaken the real hatred, if there is any, is that most religious people are condescending, patronising and outright arrogant preachy types who hate pretty much everything unless it falls into their cookie cutter little world.

The Bible is a forgery, the stories are man made, rehashed copies of stories much much older who speak of gods, plural. It was man, not Jesus who decided to force the concept of belief into monotheism.

Stop preaching, stop hating and perhaps the rest of us who don't wish to follow a doctrine like some drone won't hate back?

T

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Wow, ok.. so let's remove the bigotry just for a second and focus on some of Christianities supposed "good" bits, aren't Christians supposed to be forgiving and understanding? Because unless i'm sorely mistaken the real hatred, if there is any, is that most religious people are condescending, patronising and outright arrogant preachy types who hate pretty much everything unless it falls into their cookie cutter little world.

From my personal experiences the "condescending, patronizing, and outright arrogant preachy types who hate pretty much everything unless it falls into their cookie cutter little world" are a severe minority. MOST of the religious people that I've met have been pretty good examples of what God calls us to be. However, people who call themselves Christians yet act condescending, patronizing, etc. DO (unfortunately) exist, but this is not a reflection on Christianity, it's a reflection of themselves. People like that only seem to do a spectacular job of turning people away from God.

Stop preaching, stop hating and perhaps the rest of us who don't wish to follow a doctrine like some drone won't hate back?

"Follow a doctrine like some drone"? I'll give you a little clarification here, the only true "doctrine" is to love your neighbors and God. All the rest is fluff that can help, but can also sidetrack from the main focus.

edit on 4/16/12 by EPH612 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EPH612
"Follow a doctrine like some drone"? I'll give you a little clarification here, the only true "doctrine" is to love your neighbors and God. All the rest is fluff that can help, but can also sidetrack from the main focus.

Actually, the only true doctrine is a non existent one, because you are then indoctrinated.

Everything else in your response was fine, until that last line. You're preaching, stop preaching, I don't love your God, I don't hate your God, I don't believe in your God.

Truth? Anyone who follows modern day Christian beliefs (or other monotheist beliefs) wouldn't know the truth if it came up and slapped them in the face.

T
edit on 17-4-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't know if there is a God, and I don't WANT to know. I don't want to waste my life living in fear of something that may not even exist.
I'm not a bad person, I'm a good parent, I've never broken the law, I've never judged anyone for the religious beliefs, whether they have one or not.
I really don't understand this need to bait other members of any community and get them to explain themselves and their beliefs, purely for entertainment and to try to disprove and debunk what they believe in.
It's a losing battle, no matter what side you're on.
You'd all be happier people if you stopped being bothered by what other people believed in, and got on with living your lives as best as you can, and however you want.
Not everyone is capable of being saved, or even wants to be.
Atheists don't believe and don't want to, the same as religious believers don't want you to crap all over their Gods.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I don't hate 'God'; I do detest most of the [Biblical] God. Why? Because from Genesis to Revelations he exhibits traits that are not 'God-like' by any rational standards. Why should an omnipotent, omniscient being require his Creations love "him" on pain of an eternal torture that he himself allowed to exist? That's so asinine and contradictory to the point of being conscious, it hurts to even think about.... anyway it's human nature to not love tyrants. Perhaps God did spawn human life, yes --- and so that gives him a free pass to fear-trip everyone? He himself should know, of course the thinking man would not accept it.

As for the concept of God, I'm in love with it. I embrace the philosophy of creation with open arms; and I find myself to be inherently spiritual without the need of religious dogma. In part, that's what makes being sentient such a thrill. The mystery of 'life '& 'death'. Existing...

On the other hand, believing that a few people get into heaven and most people just suffer for eternity is the exact opposite of peace of mind. Even most Christians are not actually 'saved' by Biblical standards; fear is quite the dominant beast.

I've found myself at similar crossroads. Were a parent to raise a child to behave solely as their servant, and only their servant, I fear that child would violently rebel against the parent when old enough, or that the child would be taken away. Then I realized my error: I assumed god was emotionally and mentally healthy, and we all know where assuming gets us. The only conclusion I can reach is that he's a sociopath, and an intelligent sociopath can be memorably charming and eerily persuasive.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hard to understand the relation between words and facts.

Always they will need proof for the word(s) that was spoken.

With all my love and kindness,I will pray for the true understanding of the truth now and then.

With the hope that they will understand what is all about.

With the hope that they will open that once more not for me but for All to bring the True Love.

I will pray for this every day.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Honestly, I don't know if there is a God, and I don't WANT to know. I don't want to waste my life living in fear of something that may not even exist.

If your idea of Christianity is "living in fear" of God, I think you've gotten the wrong message. Maybe that's the fault of so-called "religious" people around you, I don't know. But the point is love. Everything centers around that.

I'm not a bad person, I'm a good parent, I've never broken the law, I've never judged anyone for the religious beliefs, whether they have one or not.

Good for you. I wish there were more like you in the world.

I really don't understand this need to bait other members of any community and get them to explain themselves and their beliefs, purely for entertainment and to try to disprove and debunk what they believe in.

I can't speak for everyone, but I try to avoid "baiting" members of other religious communities (or nonreligious as the case may be). And (at least for me) it isn't done for entertainment. I try to help them realize that there is a God who exists and loves them. The nature of spreading the message is that part of what one of you believes is wrong. If one person believes God does exist, and another believes God doesn't exist, they can't both be right. But the point isn't who's right, for me it's about showing that God loves them. The choice of whether to believe in him or follow Him or not is theirs. I'll pray for them regardless.

You'd all be happier people if you stopped being bothered by what other people believed in, and got on with living your lives as best as you can, and however you want.

I don't think so. I've known several people who were completely miserable in their lives until someone close to them shared their faith. They became religious and now they are genuinely happy. It's important to spread the message to other people. It's up to them whether or not they choose to accept it and follow him, or not. But there's the fine line between spreading the message, and people forcing the message on others (or others FEEL that faith is being forced on them).

Not everyone is capable of being saved, or even wants to be.
Atheists don't believe and don't want to, the same as religious believers don't want you to crap all over their Gods.

I'd agree with the part that not everyone wants to be saved, but I'd have to disagree that not everyone is capable of being saved. Everyone is perfectly "capable" of being saved. But you have it dead on the nose that most simply aren't willing. If atheists don't want to believe, that's their choice. My choice is whether or not I show them the Way and what I believe through either simply telling them, or living it and showing them. I think many people aren't willing to give up aspects of their lives that God tells us are wrong.

Originally posted by torqpoc

Actually, the only true doctrine is a non existent one, because you are then indoctrinated.

Could you (or someone) elaborate on that? Because I honestly don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Everything else in your response was fine, until that last line. You're preaching, stop preaching, I don't love your God, I don't hate your God, I don't believe in your God.

If you define "preaching" as expressing my faith, then I'm preaching. If you don't believe in God, that's your choice. As I said earlier, my choice is to show you that I DO.

Truth? Anyone who follows modern day Christian beliefs (or other monotheist beliefs) wouldn't know the truth if it came up and slapped them in the face.

Personally, what I interpret as "truth" comes from God. And He doesn't slap us in the face. Usually at least, lol. There was the whole situation of Jacob I think, who physically grappled with God.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join