It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

To all the God haters:

page: 3
12
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


If you claim to KNOW that God does NOT exist, then you are also claiming to know everything there is to know, and that you are omniscient.

If you are omniscient, then you are god, and you should be able to tell me exactly what I'm wearing right now.

If you are not omniscient, than you can't possibly know there's no god, and if you still claim your not agnostic and unsure if God exists or not, you may need your head examined




posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
LOL!

No, since I don't believe in Santa, I don't go on raving mad lunatic crusades trying to persuade the people who do about his non existence.

If I had some deep carnal feeling in the pit of my being, telling me Santa was real and convicting me to act out of anger at him, maybe I'd write a book....I'd probably call it The Santa Delusion
No, but as a parent you would tell your children that to your knowledge he doesn't exist, right?

Wait, do you think we have a deep carnal feeling in the pit of our being that gods exist, and it causes us to act out in anger at him? Maybe the reason non-believers get angry is because believers shove their beliefs on us. How do you think homosexuals feel when you tell them they can't get married because your god says so? Or that they are going to burn in fire forever because of the way they are?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Hydroman
 


you should be able to tell me exactly what I'm wearing right now.


At a rough guess, Clothes perhaps?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


God is as much a part of the unbeliever as He is the believer.

You were programmed with the fear of God woven into your being



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77
 


Anon77 you are the lord!!

*bowing down*




posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
If you claim to KNOW that God does NOT exist, then you are also claiming to know everything there is to know, and that you are omniscient.

If you are omniscient, then you are god, and you should be able to tell me exactly what I'm wearing right now.

If you are not omniscient, than you can't possibly know there's no god, and if you still claim your not agnostic and unsure if God exists or not, you may need your head examined
I don't claim to know that god does or does not exist. I just don't believe you when you say that he does. That's all.

But, you DO claim that your god exists, right? So, are you not claiming to know everything there is to know, or does this only go one way? Next, since you have a personal relationship with this god, who knows everything, and you can speak to him directly, you can ask him what I'm wearing and it should be no problem for him to tell you. Go ahead, I'm waiting.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
God is as much a part of the unbeliever as He is the believer.

You were programmed with the fear of God woven into your being
Cool. Wonder why this god wants us to fear him? Why would he program this within us?

BTW, I AM agnostic, and I'm atheistic. I don't know if gods exist, but I don't believe your claims that they do. It's pretty simple.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by JAY1980
 


Dinosaurs were scattered around earth by evil satan and his minions obviously, to throw us off!

Just kidding, :p .

I believe whatever the current scientific model says about Dinosaurs, I am not well versed in paleontology



Haha nice! Ok was just checking, thanks for the reply.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


That's all I wanted to hear. You have shown you have an open and thinking mind by proclaiming agnosticism, and all I'm trying to accomplish with this thread is to get people to realize the folly in completely closing off there hearts and minds to the idea of God.

In order for Him to work and influence a person, they need to at least be open to the possibility of His existence



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
That's all I wanted to hear. You have shown you have an open and thinking mind by proclaiming agnosticism, and all I'm trying to accomplish with this thread is to get people to realize the folly in completely closing off there hearts and minds to the idea of God.

In order for Him to work and influence a person, they need to at least be open to the possibility of His existence
I have always said that. I'm an agnostic atheist. IMO, most atheists are agnostic. It makes the most sense.

Now, ask your god to tell you what I'm wearing.



edit on 11-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


LOL, I'm afraid I cant do that.

The only time I've ever heard His Majestys voice, I was on a deathbed and desperately needed to hear Him.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Anon77
 


Anon77 you are the lord!!

*bowing down*



COOOOOOOL!!!! The lord for an evening! What to do!? What to do!?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Hydroman
 


LOL, I'm afraid I cant do that.

The only time I've ever heard His Majestys voice, I was on a deathbed and desperately needed to hear Him.


How convenient....

But to be fair, you see that I do indeed have an open mind. Yet, I would imagine that your mind is closed, because you would in no way think that it might be possible that you may be wrong, and the idea of gods could be made up by men. Or were all gods except for one made up by men?
edit on 11-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Iason321


Now, ask your god to tell you what I'm wearing.




Well, as you can see from the previous post earlier on this page I AM THE LORD! (this evening).


So going out on a limb again, I'm going with... Clothes perhaps?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


You're right.

I couldn't stop believing in God now.

Not after all the research i've done, I've yet to come across any atheistic argument or problem with the Biblical YHVH that cannot be solved with certainty by apologists,

couple that with my firsthand experiences and spiritual encounters, and the veil cannot be put back down, it has been lifted.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 





So, since your god is omniscient, and you have a personal relationship with him...ask him to tell you what I'm wearing right now, in perfect detail.


(Waves hand wildly in the air) Ooh, ooh me. me! Let me try!

You're wearing red tights, cloven hooves, a point tail and horns. Am I right?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
You're right.

I couldn't stop believing in God now.

Not after all the research i've done, I've yet to come across any atheistic argument or problem with the Biblical YHVH that cannot be solved with certainty by apologists,

couple that with my firsthand experiences and spiritual encounters, and the veil cannot be put back down, it has been lifted.
In other words, it is pointless to talk with you because your mind is made up.

For me, this is a lifelong journey. I don't think I'll ever have the truth, and if I did have it, how would I know? How would I know that it wasn't a lie, and that there was a greater truth? Lol, it could go on and on.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
You're wearing red tights, cloven hooves, a point tail and horns. Am I right?
No, that is my father, apparently. Right Iason?



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


Once you know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free.

I pray you find It.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You guys do know that there is another possibility?

It is this one:

That God actually exists and that the Bible is completely wrong.

That is to say every single thing in the bible is wrong.

Because people can't comprehend God so they try to write him in such a way as to support their interests and beliefs.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join