It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
all i gotta say is that if zimmermans head was "bashed in repeatedly" in a "life threatening manner" you would think he would have needed some heavy medical attention perhaps even held for observation/possible concussion...

Not necessarily. Just one blow on the ground could be considered a "life-threatening" attack. And emergency-workers would be able to tell if he had symptoms of a concussion and needed further observation.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ok than that would be in the medical report right? did the emts request for him to have further tests, stay for observation? if they were life threatening injuries do you really think the emts would just wipe him down and let him be on his merry way?
edit on 17-4-2012 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
APRIL 13, 2012 2:45 P.M.
Where’s the ‘Probable Cause’?
The affidavit in the Zimmerman case fails to justify a second-degree-murder charge.

www.nationalreview.com...

UH OH!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

APRIL 13, 2012 2:45 P.M.
Where’s the ‘Probable Cause’?
The affidavit in the Zimmerman case fails to justify a second-degree-murder charge.

www.nationalreview.com...

UH OH!

You do know that is an extreme Right Wing news site.

Right?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Right?

And that means what? That does not automatically make them incorrect. Tell us why they are wrong, not how they are wrong for being right-wing.

For the record, this echoes statements made by Alan Dershowitz on MSNBC...

“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin...This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge. There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.”

As well as Jonathan Turley of George Washington University, according to Raw Story.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Star.
Regardless of the political leanings of the site, they raise some very good points.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
And that means what? That does not automatically make them incorrect.

Where did I say it made them incorrect?

Read - - do not interpret.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

"They" recommend helmets for skateboarders and bicyclists because it helps them sell helmets. I and every other kid I ever knew grew up in the 70's and 80's without protective headgear, and none of us died from traumatic brain injuries.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So if you weren't inferring anything with your post alerting someone to the political leanings of the site, what was the purpose of the post?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Then please, tell us why you felt the need to inform us...

Right?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by 27jd

"They" recommend helmets for skateboarders and bicyclists because it helps them sell helmets. I and every other kid I ever knew grew up in the 70's and 80's without protective headgear, and none of us died from traumatic brain injuries.

I will beg to differ:
Livestrong.com

Riding a bicycle can be great for your cardiovascular health, but dangerous if certain safety precautions aren't taken. The risk of a serious brain injury or death as a result of an accident is very real, especially if a helmet isn't worn. In 2009, 630 cyclists were killed in accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and another 51,000 were injured, many with brain injuries.

edit on 17-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

So if you weren't inferring anything with your post alerting someone to the political leanings of the site, what was the purpose of the post?

Because leanings of sites always interest me. Its usually the first thing I do when I go to a link - - research the source.

Right Wing is Right Wing - - some will think its good - - some will not. This one caught my attention because I've researched it before.

I personally do not care for extreme in any direction. I like logical and fair that weighs all sides.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

some will think its good - - some will not.

Ok.

May I ask what you thought?

Do you believe that they raised valid points regarding the prosecutor overreaching in filing a second degree murder charge?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

some will think its good - - some will not.

Ok.

May I ask what you thought?

Do you believe that they raised valid points regarding the prosecutor overreaching in filing a second degree murder charge?

I don't like extreme sides.

I don't like the extreme sides using race either.

Do we really have all the facts in this case?

Seems to me anyone making definitive statements - - on "available" info only - - is reaching "for" a conclusion.

Seems a bit premature to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The point about the prosecution not including the police report was of interest to me. Often probable cause is built around the contents of a police report.

The fact that they didn't take the case before a grand jury doesn't surprise me, but that is interesting also.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The point about the prosecution not including the police report was of interest to me. Often probable cause is built around the contents of a police report.

Yes - - but I've read it on several other sites.

I prefer the ones that have 2 lawyers responding to each other. Not necessarily in opposition - - but variations.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes - - but I've read it on several other sites.

I prefer the ones that have 2 lawyers responding to each other. Not necessarily in opposition - - but variations.

Most attorneys agree the prosecutor is over reaching on her charges.Since you appear to lean to the left and have a problem with the right ill help you,do you know who Alan Dershowitz is? Hes a liberal and even he said “There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.” He accuses the prosecutor of politics and said shes irresponsible watch the tape.

video.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Most attorneys agree the prosecutor is over reaching on her charges.

Damn! My post zapped somehow. Not gonna redo it.

Most? Taking a poll?

I don't lean left or right on this. I think the Right has an "in your face" delivery style. It's not a style I appreciate.

I try to read opinions without bias. I prefer more then one commentator with individual views. Not necessarily opposing views - - but variations in viewpoint.

Also - - there could be more details that have not been released yet.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Really? REALLY? You're tying the recommendation for children to wear helmets to a conspiracy from the 'big helmet' industry? Sure, I grew up skating and riding bikes in the 80's too, and remember we really only wore helmets when skating ramps. But, just because none of our friends died doesn't mean others didn't. Nobody very close to me has died in a car accident either, so does that mean people don't die in car accidents?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Most? Taking a poll?

Of the attorneys that I have spoken to about this matter, all of them agreed that 2nd degree murder should not stick. It was only 6 attorneys, but there's your poll.
My take would be that attorneys are a professional group that study law in a university to be able to pass a bar exam in order to practice law. Their opinion would hold value because they practice law and know a lot more about it than the average person who is not an attorney. Hence the existence of their profession.

Kind of like going to medical doctors for matters regarding health, instead of asking an MSM talk show host to tell you what treatment they might offer for a medical condition that you might have.

edit on 18-4-2012 by butcherguy because: To add.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join