It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 39
21
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


You said...




Not really.. While I feel bad for the family I am not going to take the words of a distraught father. That ranks up there with the special prosecutor allowing mom to identify a voice on the tape when the experts from the orlando senitnal cant even for sure say who its is. They are at a 48% chance its Martins...


That is incorrect.
It is a 48% match to Zimmerman's voice. That's all that analysis means.




posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
I hope this doesnt turn out the way it turned out for Emmet Till.....

Just saying.

Treyvon.
edit on 14-4-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)


Why would it? Its not 1955 anymore is it?


True its not 1955 anymore. But hey they all walked.

I see what you mean though. The courts are fair. Racism is null and void. And everyone is just lovely.

Treyvon



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
I hope this doesnt turn out the way it turned out for Emmet Till.....

Just saying.

Treyvon.
edit on 14-4-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)


Why would it? Its not 1955 anymore is it?


True its not 1955 anymore. But hey they all walked.

I see what you mean though. The courts are fair. Racism is null and void. And everyone is just lovely.

Treyvon



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

As far as the distance from grass to sidewalk how does she know? She just got done answering the questions that she could not make out any details because it was to dark.
.
Tell ya what though.. If we take her memory where she said they were about 4 feet from the sidewalk. Can you or anyone else explain if there were any rocks / hard foreign objects (GIS property markers / old concrete left over from construction / home improvement? Is the ground under the grass hard / moist / soft / clay?



On March 29 I sat and listened to every 911 tape, watched every video, read every report available and so forth to form my own ideas regarding the case since there were people emphatically defending Zimmerman's actions as unquestionably legal and well founded, and there were others emphatically claiming that Martin was a victim of a racially motivated execution both sides very heated. In one of the video's I came across a reporter was standing on the site where Martin was found dead, describing that his father's fiance's home which was Martins destination that evening was around 7 doors down from where he was standing. Using that information along with the addresses provided on the police report I tried to get an idea of where everything took place. I posted a map from Google images of the area along with the specific points of interest marked.......... along with my own personal take based on the information available of course


map and location descriptions

hope it is of some interest



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
So in your country only civilized criminals have firearms? As opposed to uncivilized law-abiding citizens? Way to go


Usually if somebody is found with a gun, everybody knows, he is a criminal. That makes things much easier.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Siddharta
 


Ah, let's not address the stabbing problem you seem to have in your country. Perhaps you guys should ban knives too? And you seem proud that the "civilized" murderers in your country can stab away with the assurance they will not face death for murdering their victims, instead they will be fed and sheltered for the rest of their lives. Kill em with kindness, and understanding.


We don't have such cases very often. And we don't have to ban knives, because these are tools to use in the kitchen and for many other things. A gun is just a tool for one only purpose: kill.
We don't feed murderers for the rest of their lives. Indeed I see a problem with our system here, because 15 years is the highest punishment. That's not enough.
But as I read here on ATS, death penalty costs more than prison.

It is a difficult theme, but I prefer ours, because you cannot make it undone, when you killed the wrong person.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Those rights that us 'idiots' cherish help found this country and so far have enabled the US to be the one of the best places in the world to live. If someone is an immediate threat to me or my family then I have the right to use force including deadly force in defense. It is basic survival and in a civilized country we should not face the possibility of life in prison for defending ourselves.

When the story first broke I was quick to judge Zimmerman, now I am not so sure that he killed an innocent 'kid'. Martin may have attacked Zimmerman and the shooting very well may have been justified. Martin's girlfriend testimony might have been important, but now her story is likely tainted because she spoke to Martin's lawyers before speaking with investigators(which I do not know if she has).

The only reason an arrest was made was because of the all the attention the media gave this. All we can hope for is a fair trial and 'they' won't use this as a reason to disarm the American people.



Well, my forefathers threw out the Romans, so we should stick to their mentality, too. Luckily we developed.
We needed a lot of time and had a lot of crazy wars over here, until we became what we are.

We feel better now, and I bet you would feel better, too, because you would not have to be afraid of a seventeen year old boy, if you knew that he probably does not have a weapon. Of course, you could answer, that he still could have a weapon, but this kind of paranoia is the problem. Then you can kill anybody anyway. Maybe he has a knive, maybe he has a gun, maybe he has weapons of mass destruction... That is exactly your problem.

Let's see, what will be the outcome in the Zimmermann story. It is not about asking for his head at all, since he would not lose his head in my country. But as we are talking about security and safety, then I say: Let's keep this world save for the young ones first. If it is not possible for them, to walk along a street at night without being killed, then there is something wrong.

Puberty is complicated, it should not become deadly, because some people defend their ground a little too quickly.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Siddharta because: wrong letters



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta
 


Obviously this works well in your country. That's a good thing.



A gun is just a tool for one only purpose: kill.

Yes, a gun is tool, and a much needed tool for defense if you're living in an area of the world like Alaska. A gun is a must if you're living anywhere where humans are no longer the top of the food chain



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

Originally posted by Cosmic911
So in your country only civilized criminals have firearms? As opposed to uncivilized law-abiding citizens? Way to go


Usually if somebody is found with a gun, everybody knows, he is a criminal. That makes things much easier.


I can understand that. But regardless of whether guns are legal or illegal in your country, criminals will continue to possess them. How do we protect law-abiding citizens from armed criminals? I agree that if the world didn't have guns then no one would have them, but that's not the world we live in. Nail guns are pretty decent for home defense!



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre
 


Yeah i looked into this as well however your map is wrong zimmerman was parked near the clubhouse on twin trees. The sidewalk they took photos of is the one that leads from twin trees to retreat view circle. You have c correct that is johns house.Zimmerman walked from twin trees goes to the street on retreat view circle to check the address according to his statement on the way back to twin trees again by sidewalk. he claimed Treyvon came from around the corner.This would be the sidewalk north south between the two roads. Basically johns back yard since his is the second condo on the right side heading south. Now heres why i said Treyvon waited for him if he continued south down the sidewalk brandy greens house was second to last on left. He would have been home before Goerge could even get back to his truck. With witness testimony the 911 call and a map of the area you can see Treyvon waited for him to walk back through the area where the north-south sidewalk meets east-west. The only issue is what happened in the time from Zimmerman hanging up to meet the police back at the mailboxes near the clubhouse and the shot fired.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
We don't have such cases very often.


I don't know what country you're in, but for the sake of argument let's look at the UK, where there are strict anti-gun laws...


His death added to a grim roll call of fatal knife attacks in Britain in 2008, possibly the worst such year on record. In a country where guns are strictly controlled and shootings are much rarer than in the United States, the surge in stabbings has propelled the issue of knife crime to the top of the public safety agenda.

Like Bakurally, many of the victims have been teenagers, including Robert Knox, an aspiring actor who had won a minor role as a student wizard in the film "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" due out this year. Knox, 18, died from multiple stab wounds in May after trying to protect his younger brother from an attacker outside a bar in southern England.

The Labor government is now talking of a zero-tolerance policy for anyone caught carrying a knife, a stance with which the opposition Conservatives agree. But that has not stopped the issue from becoming a political blame game featuring accusations of lying and replays of a popular public debate over whether British society is "broken."
articles.latimes.com...



Knife violence in Britain is far worse than official statistics suggest, with almost 14,000 people taken to hospital for injuries caused by knives and other sharp weapons last year.

According to the latest Department of Health statistics, an average of 38 victims of knife wounds are admitted to accident and emergency departments across the country every day.www.independent.co.uk...




Indeed I see a problem with our system here, because 15 years is the highest punishment. That's not enough.


That is truly astounding. One could go on a killing spree, and the maximum they could expect is 15 years? Then they're freed? Wow...just wow.



But as I read here on ATS, death penalty costs more than prison.


Guess it depends, I'm sure that could be cut down significantly if they really wanted it to be, but usually when something costs that much, it's because the government is using tax dollars to overpay contractors, who in turn donate that money back to the politicians. It's the way they launder our tax money here, not so much related to the death penalty.


edit on 14-4-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr
 


My apologies, you are right about the initial location on my map. I plugged in the initial address given of 1111 retreat view circle, then miscalculated directions following his instructions to the 911 operator to turn left after entering the complex, and go just past the clubhouse.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Siddharta
We don't have such cases very often.


I don't know what country you're in, but for the sake of argument let's look at the UK, where there are strict anti-gun laws...


His death added to a grim roll call of fatal knife attacks in Britain in 2008, possibly the worst such year on record. In a country where guns are strictly controlled and shootings are much rarer than in the United States, the surge in stabbings has propelled the issue of knife crime to the top of the public safety agenda.

Like Bakurally, many of the victims have been teenagers, including Robert Knox, an aspiring actor who had won a minor role as a student wizard in the film "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" due out this year. Knox, 18, died from multiple stab wounds in May after trying to protect his younger brother from an attacker outside a bar in southern England.

The Labor government is now talking of a zero-tolerance policy for anyone caught carrying a knife, a stance with which the opposition Conservatives agree. But that has not stopped the issue from becoming a political blame game featuring accusations of lying and replays of a popular public debate over whether British society is "broken."
articles.latimes.com...



Knife violence in Britain is far worse than official statistics suggest, with almost 14,000 people taken to hospital for injuries caused by knives and other sharp weapons last year.

According to the latest Department of Health statistics, an average of 38 victims of knife wounds are admitted to accident and emergency departments across the country every day.www.independent.co.uk...




Indeed I see a problem with our system here, because 15 years is the highest punishment. That's not enough.


That is truly astounding. One could go on a killing spree, and the maximum they could expect is 15 years? Then they're freed? Wow...just wow.



But as I read here on ATS, death penalty costs more than prison.


Guess it depends, I'm sure that could be cut down significantly if they really wanted it to be, but usually when something costs that much, it's because the government is using tax dollars to overpay contractors, who in turn donate that money back to the politicians. It's the way they launder our tax money here, not so much related to the death penalty.


edit on 14-4-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)



Wrong. 15 years is NOT the highest punishment.
I know people here don't like to research anything and can hardly use google worth a damn, but this is a poor example. Its not even clear what you are trying to prove.



posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973
Wrong. 15 years is NOT the highest punishment.
I know people here don't like to research anything and can hardly use google worth a damn, but this is a poor example. Its not even clear what you are trying to prove.


Maybe you should go back and read the post I was responding to, before you start making stupid statements that others don't like to research. It's only a couple posts up. I made it pretty clear that I didn't know what country that poster was in, so google won't do me much good, will it? And that poster said 15 years was the highest punishment in their country. The UK was the most readily available info on a country with strict gun laws, and the point was in regards to how people are violent everywhere, regardless of what weapons they use to inflict harm. Is that too hard for you to grasp?



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by spacedog1973
Wrong. 15 years is NOT the highest punishment.
I know people here don't like to research anything and can hardly use google worth a damn, but this is a poor example. Its not even clear what you are trying to prove.


Maybe you should go back and read the post I was responding to, before you start making stupid statements that others don't like to research. It's only a couple posts up. I made it pretty clear that I didn't know what country that poster was in, so google won't do me much good, will it? And that poster said 15 years was the highest punishment in their country. The UK was the most readily available info on a country with strict gun laws, and the point was in regards to how people are violent everywhere, regardless of what weapons they use to inflict harm. Is that too hard for you to grasp?


If i have to repeat myself, I guess I'm gonna have to repeat myself. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE.

You quoting UK statistics mean absoultey nothing since it is clear you don't have any understanding of the reason for why you quote it.

And one of the foolish comparisons you and people like you like to use, is the false equivalency of 'violence' vs 'guns. They are not the same and for you to avoid a comparison between Guns vs Guns which is the obvious comparison to be made in such things, is laughable.

As for using google, I suggest you do that before using newspapers to get your statistics from, regardless of the country. I wonder if you realise that there are ways of using statistics to read data? I'm sure you have come across this before. And I'm also sure that you understand that newspapers like any media outlet, use statistics and the selective reading of them to further their argument whatever that may be.

Its seems you don't know this, but instead of quoting from a newspaper or outlet of this sort, you can actually go to the source. Any credible quote should come from the source not second hand. For future reference, in respect of those stats, you would go to the UK Home Office site. I further hope, that you would understand the complexity of trying to make comparisons of differing countries crime reporting methods in determining like for like.

It takes a bit longer than a 5 minute search for key words.

Thats how you use google.



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973
 


Once again, go back and read the posts I was responding to, and maybe you'll come to an understanding of the point I was trying to make. As for the rest of your long winded, and completely pointless dribble, I don't even know when you came into this conversation or why I'm even bothering to respond to you. I was responding to another poster, and I'm guessing you're a hypersensitive nationalistic Brit who rushes to defend your country against anything you construe as negative. I should have used French statistics as an example, then you wouldn't have shown up.



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Lots of theories here...

I suspect there is much more evidence to consider than has been released.

Maybe, the cell phones recorded their movements using the GPS function. Too bad he did not leave the phone on. Reminder to myself, if in bad situation, leave phone on with 911 operator.

Let the cops sort it out. The truth will come out in court. DA is covering arse by going big. If she fails, no one can say she did not try. Seems unlikely murder 2 will stick.



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK
 


Emmett Till? Do we really know? Perhaps just more media hype!



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Isn't it a cold and funny world when you are ridiculed for supporting a murder victim?


Isn't it a cold and funny world where a man is guilty of murder before a trial? I'm glad you admitted your opinion isn't swayed by facts.



posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
I hope this doesnt turn out the way it turned out for Emmet Till.....

Just saying.

Treyvon.
edit on 14-4-2012 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)


Why would it? Its not 1955 anymore is it?


True its not 1955 anymore. But hey they all walked.

I see what you mean though. The courts are fair. Racism is null and void. And everyone is just lovely.

Treyvon


Who needs courts anymore when you have people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton inciting hatred and violence simply because of their ignorance. But hey since you opened the door let me walk through. Apparently it IS in fact 1995 except this time around the racial discrimination is reversed.

I mean hell a bulk of the people in this thread dont seem to care about fatcs, innocent until proven guilty or even using the law for that matter. Apparently we now live in a society where the court of public opinion is more important than a court of law.

As the same as others, lets see what plays out in court.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

log in

join