It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by sdocpublishing because: changed my mind.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Reply to post from Xcathdra

Okay cathdra I'm gonna say this as clearly as possible, I knew Zimmerman was to be charged if he hadn't been already since we hear about things later then when they actually take place. Because of this I said he couldn't leave the state because I knew he was going to be or already had been charged with murder. Again this isn't about someone not being charged, it's about him being charged since he has and again when I made my first post I knew this news was pending therefor I made the statement to make the people who thought this guy was never going to get charged to look foolish. Clearly I've done a good job since you still can't wrap your head around the scheme I played. Also like I said in my previous post I've had friends suspected of crimes and if your a suspect, they ASK you not to leave the state or town, again you have the right to DO WHATEVER YOU'D LIKE, but like the instance with my friend the cop told him if he becomes the prime suspect and is charged and has left town it will look very very very VERY VERY bad for him in court. So again hopefully you can digest all that since clearly my shorter explanations just kept soaring into the sky.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
All this is going to do is postpone the riots. Whether he's found guilty of anything or not, there will be riots. Sad, sad state of America.

Why do some folks think there will be "riots"?? I do not believe the majority of people are that stupid and devoid of impulse control. Some may disagree with the verdict, just as some have disagreed with the murder 2 charge (I think he should have gotten murder 1) but in any case, it is what it is and at least justice is being served and this dude will not just walk with a slap on the wrist. If Americans want something to riot about, they need to be looking at the status of the dollar and how the price of gas (and everything else naturally, poo rolls downhill) will be soaring into the stratosphere in a few months...but whatever. I guess there are some boneheads out there that get caught up in the hype.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

There is a lot of "chuck norris" styled ignorance in this thread!

Anyone who isn't dumb or biased can piece together a pretty good picture of what happened that night. Maybe not the EXACT happenings, but still a close enough picture.

How can someone who isn't biased come to the conclusion that the kid attacked George in a manner that would justify that grown man having to shoot him?

Lets take all bias and assumptions out of the equation and add up what we do know:
1. Adult, armed male
2. Unarmed, sub-adult
3. Adult male has a documented history of violence and incidence.
4. The teen has none documented except a facebook poke. No juvenile detention record.
5. Adult is neighborhood watch in his community with a history of confronting even some of the residents.
6. The teen is visiting a home in the community, not a resident there.

PLEASE STOP ME WHEN I LIST A UNTRUTH!!

7. Teen is returning from store with candy and drink.
8. Adult is on duty and spots the teen, phones 911 that the person is behaving suspicious.
9. Teen is on phone with female friend and tells her he's being followed.
10. 911 dispatch asks is he following and advices against.
11. There is clearly audio distortion from rapid movement was it toward the teen or in retreat.
12. Girl on phone advices teen to run, he responds he will walk fast. (If he was a thug as myself, my reply would have been I'm bout to go slap earth, wind and fire from the guy following me)
13. Girl on phone hears teen ask guy why is he following him (Thug such as myself would have simply hung up the phone on girl and confronted guy aggressively, not ask him why he following me like a lil girl or whimp)

SO I'M TRYING TO ASSERTAIN WHERE THE THUGGISH BEHAVIOR BEGAN THAT EVENING FROM TRAYVON!!

14. Girl on phone hears someone respond to question from teen "what are you doing in the neighborhood" or some effect, I forgot the exact phrase.
15. Phone goes dead.
16. Witness sees two people fighting and goes upstairs to phone the police. By the time he reaches his place a gunshot has happened and there is no longer a fight.
17. Two women hear cries for help, not a fight, then a gunshot and the cries for help cease.
13. Kid walking dog sees a tussle but goes to retrieve dog.

Alright I'm tired of listing all this stuff....

To sum it up, taking all the assumptions and bias away, if you hear of two people, one armed, one not, the one unarmed ends up dead and the one with the weapon says he shot in self defense...wouldn't a investigation be needed?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Isn't it the case that even if a licensed police shoots someone (especially unarmed) there has to be an investigation?

Using common sense...is it not logical that any time a unarmed person is shot and killed there should be an investigation and the person commiting the shooting thoroughly investigated?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Originally posted by shepseskaf

All that may be very true, but the point is that the information about GZ fleeing the State came directly from a known source and was not some kind of speculative conspiracy theory, as postulated earlier.

There are many, many layers to this onion and it all needs to be peeled back so that the truth can be revealed.

Agree 100%!

I await that moment, with the deepest of sincerity. So many unanswered questions!

I just hope this doesn't leave us waiting for two years while it pans out. How utterly frustrating that will be.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Trayvon's mom says 'shooting was accident,' Zimmerman to face judge

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

"I believe it was an accident. I believe it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back,"

edit on 083030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ok, I am confused on why this is about race? Why is everyone making a big fuss about race? On which end, anyways? Zimmermans or the medias?

It's not as though Zimmerman wouldn't have killed him had he learned that he was hispanic, or white, or asian. I don't think color would have changed the outcome of this situation.

And what happened to innocent until proven guilty? The courts need to their job, and we need to support our crappy justice system.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Excellent. Only error is, he wasn't "on duty". Zimmerman was going to the grocery store. (you said stop me when I'm wrong or something heheheh)

Other than that yep, pretty straight up from what mostly can be discerned.

No one ever made any argument about there being an investigation in this thread? So uhm, whats the point again? Good outline of events though!

edit on 12-4-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Starred.

The reality here is simple, a person died, the exact circumstances are unknown, Florida has a "Stand your ground" defense for use of deadly force, so let him use it as a defense, in a court of law, charge him, and test the merits of the case in a court room. Maybe if that is what happened when you "defended" yourself, less people would be shot or killed in the name of self defense.

Personally, there is a difference between claiming "fear of serious harm or death" to cover your ass, and actually having a REAL fear of serious harm or death.

If tall skinny black kids wearing hoodies, scared Zimmerman, maybe, just maybe he should not have appointed himself neighborhood watch captain, he didn't have the intestinal fortitude for it.

As for those saying that Treyvon got into a fight with Zimmerman, well derp, if I had some unidentified guy following me at night, and I tried getting away, but was unable regardless of reason, i would put up a fight too, and sure as heck would if he pulled a gun on me. I just can't understand how anyone misses that fact.

as to the Herp Derp's out there that keep saying Treyvon could have run home in that time, you ever think of the possibility that you had a scared teen hiding, and Zimmerman while trying to find him, managed too and cornered him?

Most Neighborhood watch organizations will not allow people patrolling as part of the organization, to be armed, and for understandable reasons, this is an excellent example of those reasons.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HoppedUp

Why do some folks think there will be "riots"??

It may have something to do with this: 1992 Los Angeles Riots

The cause of the riots (they lasted four days), a black man was beaten by LA cops, and the cops were acquitted of charges. There were some problems associated with the riot:

Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred, and property damages topped roughly $1 billion. In all, 53 people died during the riots and thousands more were injured.

Also there were riots elsewhere at the same time:
Tampa Riots 1992

and

West Las Vegas

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

"I believe it was an accident. I believe it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back,"

wow that shocks the bajeezus outta me, she really said that?, OMG this changes everything in my opinion, why was she out there condeming him, he gets charged and she completely does a 180. wow.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Originally posted by RyanFromCan

well derp, as to the Herp Derp's out there

Most Neighborhood watch organizations will not allow people patrolling as part of the organization, to be armed, and for understandable reasons, this is an excellent example of those reasons.

You look absolutely brilliant posting this when just a couple posts above yours and several times throughout the thread it was pointed out he was not "on duty" that night, then turn around and call people stupid.

for comic relief.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Does that mean it will happen this time? I simply do not see it happening. Society is very different now. A great portion of America are blended households/families and I don't see this level of madness happening over a trial. Now, I think there is a fringe portion of the USA who would like to see such a beast emerge from this tragedy, and I find that kind of disturbing. It's clear to see right here on Storm..., uh, I mean ATS, that there a tons of people who seem on the edge of their seat tearing at their knickers to watch a "race war" evolve out of this trial's outcome regardless of what that outcome it. Sad, really.
edit on 12-4-2012 by HoppedUp because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

wow that shocks the bajeezus outta me, she really said that?, OMG this changes everything in my opinion, why was she out there condeming him, he gets charged and she completely does a 180. wow.

I thought it was kinda odd, considering how worked up everyone was.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HoppedUp

I don't know what will happen.
Maybe Zimmerman will get convicted of 2nd degree murder and be sentenced to life in prison. There still could be riots.

No one was beaten or killed just before Hurricane Katrina made landfall in New Orleans, but there was still looting.
Seems to me that it doesn't take much of an excuse to break the law.

I prefer to be prepared if widespread rioting (meaning outside of Florida) occurs, and your race shouldn't be an issue... be prepared. I will do my damnedest to keep race out of it personally. I could get confused, I am Caucasian/Black/Amerind.

What was the excuse for pre-Katrina looting? I guess I could see some excuse for looting afterwards, for food and water? But TV's and watches and jewelry???
edit on 12-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I hate how apparently if you kill a young black man in self-defense (and even have injuries to show it) you get called a racist. Yes, it's unfortunate. Yes, I feel for the kid's parents. But sending Zimmerman to prison isn't "justice". What happened was terrible, but it doesn't make him a racist and I think the prosecution has very little with which to make a case. Zimmerman's lawyers have plenty of evidence to support his accounts of self-defense. If Zimmerman ultimately DOES get convicted, I'm guessing it'll probably all be circumstantial evidence and he'd only be convicted because the prosecution inflamed the jury.

Corey said she had personally informed Martin’s parents of the outcome of her investigation. “It was less than three weeks ago that we told those sweet parents that we would get answers to all of their questions no matter where our quest for the truth led us,” she said.

I'm betting that Corey will be running for state's attorney/district attorney or something before too long. This is simply her stepping stone for publicity and she's trying get the votes of the black community. It's political posturing and she's trying to send a man to prison for it. This makes me sick.

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
To sum it up, taking all the assumptions and bias away, if you hear of two people, one armed, one not, the one unarmed ends up dead and the one with the weapon says he shot in self defense...wouldn't a investigation be needed?

I would say that there SHOULD be an investigation, but I have a problem with all the posturing that's going along with the investigation just so Obama and others can attempt to get the black vote by advocating sending the big bad racist to prison.
edit on 4/12/12 by EPH612 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It's sad because in the military we were taught that we were all one color: OD Green. You have obviously forgotten that or maybe never subscribed to it?

So, are you saying I'm "racist"? Is that all you have? DZAG Wright, you're a moron, and probably never served. You don't know a damn thing about me, and it's repulsive that you'd even take this type of stance. Grow up, and learn to talk about the ISSUE, and leave everything else out of it. You really lose the argument when you don't discuss the points.

Everything you just wrote is wrong, he said "coons" and he did not stop pursuing the kid.

You obviously didn't even watch the video. He didn't say "coons". But, if you want to believe the moon is made of cheese, that's your prerogative. You'll twist it to fit your point. Obviously, you are the one making this about race. If Zimmerman were black, green, orange, whatever, it shouldn't matter, nor should it matter what color Martin was. But, people like you seem to be obsessed with color and race. Why is that?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp
Why do some folks think there will be "riots"?? I do not believe the majority of people are that stupid and devoid of impulse control. Some may disagree with the verdict, just as some have disagreed with the murder 2 charge (I think he should have gotten murder 1) but in any case, it is what it is and at least justice is being served and this dude will not just walk with a slap on the wrist. If Americans want something to riot about, they need to be looking at the status of the dollar and how the price of gas (and everything else naturally, poo rolls downhill) will be soaring into the stratosphere in a few months...but whatever. I guess there are some boneheads out there that get caught up in the hype.

Apparently, you're too young to remember the Rodney King incident. Do some research on the matter.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
From the evidence we know. There is no way that Zimmerman is completely innocent. You can't follow people with weapons down the street because you're uncomfortable with the way they look. I do believe his motivations were at least in part, racially motivated, what else made this 17 yr old boy look suspicious to him? However, I don't believe he intended to kill him, but I do think his own unjustified behavior led to the struggle which resulted in Trayvon's death, he is a t least guilty of man slaughter imo. If he had stayed away as he was instructed to do, none of this happens, period, who attacked who is somewhat irrelevant imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join