It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

It will be a challenge to find a jury who is not already biased and is willing to just look at the facts of the case.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Hardstepah

It will be a challenge to find a jury who is not already biased and is willing to just look at the facts of the case.

It may come down to finding people that admit to having heard some of the evidence, but not having made a decision either way and stating they feel they could be unbiased until they did hear all the evidence. If I am not mistaken, wasn't this done in the Casey Anthony trial as well? Jury selection can sometimes take quite a while and several hundred people.

Then again, you may be surprised how many people do not watch the news or read the papers, etc. One can be certain it will be televised. Too much has been made of it now to not be, especially with Nancy Graceless sticking her nose into it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Don't you imagine quite a few sets of photo's were made? Both by professionals and family?

If Zimmerman was injured, it is likely police at the scene and later at the jail would have taken photos of his injuries, just to protect themselves from liability, if anything. I know it is standard procedure for hospitals to do so when patients come in with injuries; I imagine it is the same for police departments.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
reply to post by pizzanazi75

I'm actually not disputing that. I was disputing the very detailed "fact" that Zimmerman "ran after" Martin.

Well he had to catch up some how....I guess he could have power walked, but Im betting he 'ran after' him to catch up.

You also said we didn't know what Zimmerman and Trayvon did after Zimmerman hung up with 911, i was just pointing that according a witness on the phone with Trayvon we do know what was happening during that time.

edit on 12-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes they had to go to another county for the Casey trial. But people everywhere are still getting a lot of biased media info.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzanazi75
I'm actually not disputing that. I was disputing the very detailed "fact" that Zimmerman "ran after" Martin.

Well he had to catch up some how....I guess he could have power walked, but Im betting he 'ran after' him to catch up.

You are making that assumption based on what?

All we know is that the two met, fought and only one of them walked away. We do not know who confronted who. Neither of us where there so neither of us know.
edit on 12-4-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I am mystified. 40 days to charge him. No real new evidence. High profile pissing and moaning got him charged. Nothing said or done to the people putting bounties on him and threatening to kill him. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Everything ive seen tells me zimmerman put himself in a bad situation. But it was not illegal. Martin attacked him and threatened to kill him. If zimmerman feared for his life, and I think he did, then shot and killed Martin. If the previous statements are true he cant be convictex of second degree murder.

Here is my theory. The DAs office does not think he should be charged. If they did he would have been charged weeks ago. In court they probably could have gotten a manslaughter or negligent homocide conviction. He was charged with murder 2 because they know enough reasonable doubt exists that there is now way to honeztly convict him of it. It is a dog and pony show.

Speaking as someone who has used a handgun in self defense and as someone who did not use it when I was armed and attacked I can say the following with one hundred percent certainty... if I phoned the police about a sketchy looking person near my house, and if I briefly followed him and he rushed me, attacked me and threatened my life... if I couldn't handle him quickly in a physical manner I would absolutely shoot to kill.

If martin assaulted and told zim he was going to die tonight then zim was 100% right to use the weapon.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I think Zimmerman will get off on the stand your ground law. Following a suspicious individual is pretty dumb, but NOT illegal as long as you don't follow somebody onto their own property. 9-1-1 operators are NOT police officers,

It doesn't matter that 911 operators aren't police officers, they are trained to deal with situations like this, they were right in telling Zimmerman that he needed to stay put and leave Trayvon to the real police officers, but Zimmerman wanted to be a police officer himself.

Physically assaulting somebody who is following you however, IS illegal, and whomever initiated the physical contact was the one who broke the law first. He could have asked him why he was following him, and told Zimmerman his dad lived there. That probably would have ended the whole incident. Or, if he felt that Zimmerman was a threat,

Zimmerman was the one who claimed that he was attacked first, this is only his claim alone. We don't know who initiated the attack first, but even if it was Trayvon, possibly he felt threatened by the fact that he was being followed by a man in the middle of the night, maybe he saw the gun and thought he was in danger, maybe Zimmerman shouted verbal threats to him, it goes both ways. In the end, as evident from the audio tape, Trayvon was not the one that started instigated the confrontation. He may have possibly been the one to physically attack first, but this is something only Trayvon and Zimmerman will know.

To me, Trayvon was obviously not the sweet, innocent boy, the media paints him as. There was a facebook comment on his page from his cousin asking him why he assaulted a bus driver previously, meaning he likely had some anger control issues

So because Trayvon may have been an angry teen, he deserved to be shot? Is this your reasoning? Because this certainly will not help Zimmerman in court.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
But it was not illegal.

Yes, it's not illegal to harass people at night with a loaded gun at the hip, so so right. Because it's not illegal, everybody should go ahead and do it.

Martin attacked him and threatened to kill him. If zimmerman feared for his life,

How do you know Martin attacked first? Maybe Zimmerman attacked him first? Maybe Zimmerman threatened him first? You're making assumptions.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Nothing said or done to the people putting bounties on him and threatening to kill him. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Not hypocrisy. Social "justice".

Everything ive seen tells me zimmerman put himself in a bad situation.

Definitely.

But it was not illegal. Martin attacked him and threatened to kill him.

Supposedly. For all we know, Zimmerman started the scuffle. Could be Martin got the better of him.

Here is my theory. The DAs office does not think he should be charged.

But the police department suggested a charge of negligent homicide. I would like to know why the police thought there was enough evidence for that charge but the DA didn't.

Originally posted by DrJay1975He was charged with murder 2 because they know enough reasonable doubt exists that there is now way to honeztly convict him of it. It is a dog and pony show.

Unfortunately, you may be right. Which is every bit a miscarriage of justice as not charging someone who is guilty of murder or putting someone through a show trial just to convict.

If martin assaulted and told zim he was going to die tonight then zim was 100% right to use the weapon.

If, if, if...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Yeah I saw that interview, but he still doesn't specify. I have been beaten, too. It did not always include in the face. Sometimes it never did. I also healed up pretty quick even when it did. I took a blow to the chest that was hard enough to break my second rib down from the collar bone. Not an easy feat, I was told. But it didn't leave one mark on my face? And guess what? People witnessed that too, and the police were unable to do a thing about it.

The only people that will now matter are the ones that will speak in court, such as the EMT's at the scene, the police officers at the scene, the ones at the department and the MD he saw the next day.

Don't you imagine quite a few sets of photo's were made? Both by professionals and family?

Hardly any of the evidence has been seen in this case, and what has been leaked out never should have been, to begin with. In large part, it is what is wrong with the case, not what is right.

I believe if pictures of his 'injuries' or medical records existed his first lawyers would have stated as much. I also believe that if any such pictures existed his family would have been more than happy to share them with Hannity or any other outlet. Or if the police photos existed I believe they would have leaked by now. We live a day and age of leaks, for both sides, if those pictures existed they would have leaked. The police would have leaked them to back up why they didn't arrest him that night. So to answer your question, no I don't think there are any pictures. If they are presented in court I will sure be surprised.

I would also think that if you were being beat to within an inch of your life, as stated by his brother on AC360, to the point that one more hit to the head was going to cause him to be in diapers and spoon fed I would DEFINITELY want to seek medical attention immediately. I wouldn't be going to the station in a squad car with my hands cuffed behind my back. I don't you would either.

There is a lot of reason to disbelieve Zimmermans story. Like the fact that Trayvons body was found with his feet toward the concrete, and the head toward the houses...completely on grass. That makes it a little hard to be beating someones head on the concrete, when that persons head is 6 feet away from the concrete. Wouldn't you agree?

So many holes in his story that a lot people don't want to see because Zimmerman said this or 'John' said that. Zimmerman and 'John' are not the only witnesses, but they seem to be the ones that Zimmerman supporters seem to cling to, not saying you, but that seems to be the sentiment. 'John' 'heard' Zimmerman yelling for help.....how on earth would 'John' know Zimmermans voice? And if those same people would listen to 'Johns' 911 call they would know that he contradicts himself in the doorway interview with what he told 911.

So many holes in Zimmermans story.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You are making that assumption based on what? All we know is that the two met, fought and only one of them walked away. We do not know who confronted who. Neither of us where there so neither of us know

I know what the witness on the phone with Trayvon has said. By her account Zimmerman was following Trayvon, Trayvon ask why, and Zimmerman said 'what you doing around here'..then she heard a push....that is her words...she heard what was going on. We do know what was going on, Zimmerman was getting ready to murder Trayvon Martin. You may not like what this witness has to say but she is a credible witness none the less and will have a major impact on this case.

So you're right, I wasn't there, but I have listened to all the evidence and eye witnesses, and not discounted them because they didn't support my own theory, and it would seem that there is enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder. that is why he is sitting in jail tonight.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I believe if pictures of his 'injuries' or medical records existed his first lawyers would have stated as much.

You believe, but you have no way of really knowing, right?

The police would have leaked them to back up why they didn't arrest him that night.

He was detained and the police department suggested a charge of negligent homicide.

to the point that one more hit to the head was going to cause him to be in diapers and spoon fed I would DEFINITELY want to seek medical attention immediately.

He was probably treated at the scene by paramedics.

I wouldn't be going to the station in a squad car with my hands cuffed behind my back. I don't you would either.

I doubt he had any choice in the matter.

There is a lot of reason to disbelieve Zimmermans story. Like the fact that Trayvons body was found with his feet toward the concrete, and the head toward the houses...completely on grass.

If they scuffled, it may account for how Martin's body ended in any number of position. Also, was his death instantaneous? I don't know. Do you?

That makes it a little hard to be beating someones head on the concrete, when that persons head is 6 feet away from the concrete. Wouldn't you agree?

Is there anything definitive saying Martin beat Zimmerman's head on concrete? Or just the ground?

You can only say they are holes if you know all the facts. Which you don't. None of us do. But instead of people saying "I don't know," they, you included, are speaking as if you witnessed the whole thing in broad daylight.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I know what the witness on the phone with Trayvon has said. By her account Zimmerman was following Trayvon, Trayvon ask why, and Zimmerman said 'what you doing around here'..then she heard a push....that is her words...she heard what was going on.

By her account. From someone who was on the phone. And that "by her account" is a third-hand story,filtered through the Martin family lawyer.

We do know what was going on, Zimmerman was getting ready to murder Trayvon Martin.

You have no way of knowing that. You are a mind-reader now?

You may not like what this witness has to say but she is a credible witness...

And you know that, how?

Originally posted by pizzanazi75and it would seem that there is enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder. that is why he is sitting in jail tonight.

Again, you know that, how? Do you work for the special prosecutor's office? Seems a month ago, there wasn't enough evidence to charge him with negligent homicide. Could be because of shoddy police work. Could be someone at the DA's office dropped the ball. Or it could be the DA was right and the special prosecutor is bowing to public pressure or is hoping to sweep it under the rug with a charge that won't stick. None of us know.

Except for you, it seems. You are speaking as if you are intimately close to the case. Speaking in absolutes when you really do not know.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It was stated by his first set of attorneys-to-be- that "withdrew" from the case that there was a lot more evidence that has not been revealed, as well as was stated from the prosecutor in the press announcement. She also had a few choice words about the evidence that has been released. I feel quite certain that just as members of the family were told what to and what not to discuss, they were told what to, and not to release. These things will come out in the trial, and no manner of want will rush that.

Zimmerman's family also stated he moved under Trayvon because he was being beaten on the concrete, so his head was on the grass. This manner of repositioning is what was alleged to have revealed the weapon that renewed the struggle that was now for his life, over the weapon. The part where it was "something aling the lines of, "you are going to die tonight"", from your own video. If, in fact, there was a struggle over the firearm at that point, it means that George had not brandished it, and Trayvon went for the weapon, made an utterance of intent to kill, thereby legitimizing Zimmermans' plea of fearing for his life and self defense. Justifiable Homicide. Again, these are the things that will play out in a court of law.

George also stated he was screaming for help, over and over, and no one came to help him. He told the police this as well, when they arrived at the scene, yet, people continue to insist that it was Trayvon screaming for help. His family stated he was very upset by this, that no one came to his aide. This would have been in those exact moments immediately before the struggle for the firearm, and the shot rang out, so during the time his head was being beaten onto the concrete, then into the struggle over the gun. As the shot rang out, he fell silent.

I felt very certain Zimmerman wanted a new attorney when he ditched the ambulance chasers (my opinion) over the weekend, and that much panned out to be true. Glad he found someone he felt he could trust. Very important with what is coming down the pike for him now, because the other two must have given him pause.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I believe if pictures of his 'injuries' or medical records existed his first lawyers would have stated as much.

The police would have leaked them to back up why they didn't arrest him that night.

He was detained and the police department suggested a charge of negligent homicide.

to the point that one more hit to the head was going to cause him to be in diapers and spoon fed I would DEFINITELY want to seek medical attention immediately.

He was probably treated at the scene by paramedics.

I wouldn't be going to the station in a squad car with my hands cuffed behind my back. I don't you would either.

I doubt he had any choice in the matter.

There is a lot of reason to disbelieve Zimmermans story. Like the fact that Trayvons body was found with his feet toward the concrete, and the head toward the houses...completely on grass.

If they scuffled, it may account for how Martin's body ended in any number of position. Also, was his death instantaneous? I don't know. Do you?

That makes it a little hard to be beating someones head on the concrete, when that persons head is 6 feet away from the concrete. Wouldn't you agree?

Is there anything definitive saying Martin beat Zimmerman's head on concrete? Or just the ground?

You can only say they are holes if you know all the facts. Which you don't. None of us do. But instead of people saying "I don't know," they, you included, are speaking as if you witnessed the whole thing in broad daylight.

1. That's what I believe means.
2. Detained and arrested are two different things, so what is your point? He was not arrested that night.
3. Probably, but you have no way of knowing right? I mean Trayvon was pronounced dead at 730p. Zimmerman arrived at station at 752, by reports its a 14/15 min ride to the station. That means EMT's had at most 8 mins to 'treat' him for his injuries. Do EMT's do xray's on the scene? I would want my head xrayed after being slammed on the ground so many times wouldn't you? Wouldn't you want that broken nose xrayed and set? And my god, some pain killers? If you guy was such a super hero why did he need to shoot? So many questions.
4. If he demanded medical attention, then yes he had a choice in the matter.
5. Eye witnesses saw the scuffle, no one saw the start. But several saw the 'scuffle' on the ground, none report it moving or any one's head being beat on the ground in the 911 calls, even 'John' calls it wrestling in the 911 call he changed it to 'beating' in his doorway interview.
6. Zimmermans dad and brother have both said it, Zimmermans old lawyer said it. Guess you haven't watched or read any reports on this case. Anyone who has spoke on his behalf has said it.
7. No, I can say there are hole with the facts as they are now. We don't need ALL the facts to KNOW that there are holes in his story. Like him looking for a street sign. Since when are street signs in backyards? Thats just one.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I know what the witness on the phone with Trayvon has said. By her account Zimmerman was following Trayvon, Trayvon ask why, and Zimmerman said 'what you doing around here'..then she heard a push....that is her words...she heard what was going on.

By her account. From someone who was on the phone. And that "by her account" is a third-hand story,filtered through the Martin family lawyer.

We do know what was going on, Zimmerman was getting ready to murder Trayvon Martin.

You have no way of knowing that. You are a mind-reader now?

You may not like what this witness has to say but she is a credible witness...

And you know that, how?

Originally posted by pizzanazi75and it would seem that there is enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder. that is why he is sitting in jail tonight.

Again, you know that, how? Do you work for the special prosecutor's office? Seems a month ago, there wasn't enough evidence to charge him with negligent homicide. Could be because of shoddy police work. Could be someone at the DA's office dropped the ball. Or it could be the DA was right and the special prosecutor is bowing to public pressure or is hoping to sweep it under the rug with a charge that won't stick. None of us know.

Except for you, it seems. You are speaking as if you are intimately close to the case. Speaking in absolutes when you really do not know.

1. No it was in her own words. Go to Youtube and find the interview she gave with ABC's Matt Gutman. Its not filtered, its her words, just like all the rest of the eye witnesses.
2. I do have a way of knowing that, his name is Trayvon Martin and his dead body proves what Zimmerman was getting ready to do. No I'm not a mind reader. I'm and internet reader and I read all the articles that said that Zimmerman murdered Trayvon. I didn't have to read anyone's mind to find that out.
3. What reason would I have not to believe her? Phones records prove she was on the phone with him. She has reported what she heard, just like everyone else has reported what they heard.
4. Because he is sitting in jail charged with 2nd degree murder. Did you miss the news conference tonight. The evidence shows a crime was committed and he was charged. Thats how it works. There was a enough evidence a month ago, but they didn't realize they had a loud mouth family on their hands that wasn't gonna take the death of their child laying down. Had they not gone to the media Zimmerman would have gotten away with it because his daddy is connected, not because the police didn't want to charge him.

I speak in what I know of the case. I don't make things up and discount things that don't fit the story I want to be told. Your statements prove you know very very little about this case and are going to probably be a very unhappy camper when Zimmerman gets a lengthy prison term.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure if i'm missing something here or not.

Why has this been getting 1000x more media coverage than any other murders that happen? Is it somehow more important than other murders?

The case from 2007 where a couple were carjacked, tortured at LENGTH, girl was raped, both were mutilated, and burned to death by 5 men in Knoxville Tennessee. Why didn't it get as much coverage as this Trayvon case?

edit on 12-4-2012 by Qemyst because: grammar oopsie

edit on 12-4-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
ima beat down a whiteboy in baltimore and take his iphone and pants while all my nikkas look on and hit him with their purses. aint racism son. we nikkas hate drunks.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

We have no way of knowing. If Zimmermans defense do have EMT reports showing heavy bruising to Zimmermans face or body, then this will work in favour of him, however one would think that if such pictures were in possesion they would have been shown to the media long time ago. Hypothetically why would they keep it until Zimmerman hs to defend himself in court, especially considering the fact that a day ago we weren't even sure whether he'd even be charged? I don't personally believe that the EMT report favours Zimmerman at all, but we'll get the opportunity to see a report as the result of the court case.

Another thing to look out for is the autopsy, where Trayvon was shot may be a significant factor to the events concerned. If there was a scuffle, more than likely the short would have entered through the front of Trayvon or possibly to the side. If it is found that he was shot to the back, then this will be very significant to the prosecutors.

I'm also wondering about the witnesses and whether they'll appear on behalf of Zimmerman or Trayvon.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join