It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialk89
Fair enough, lets wait for the facts.

As GovtFlu pointed out, the police detained him with a suggested charge of negligent homicide. So not shoddy police-work at all.

ProPublica

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by rival

do people really think a 17 year old kid can be shot in the usa and no trial should be necessary?

why dont people just let the justice system find out if he is guilty or innocent.

Agreed, but it appears that many people have already come to a conclusion with out any factual evidence that either zimmerman was a racist or that Trayvon was a thug. In both cases I think that shows a lack of intelligence and possibly racism on both sides of the fence and no form or racism is justifiable.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
WoW, I mean WOW

Are you Americans for real?

I am a white british male, and having just read the reports and views of others here i have to say I am quite shocked that some people are defending the shooter, this looks a murder all over.

Thought I would add my views as some people are obviously blinded by the facts in this case.

This is a murder and I have no doubt. The evidence so far supports this.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

My thoughts exactly. Just let the justice system do its job.

I still don't understand why my thread was pulled. The breaking story that HE WAS charged, and WHAT
he was charged with, seems more important than a speculative thread about impending
charges. One might happen (we don't know yet) and one HAS happened (including important details
about what the charges were)...maybe I don't get the rules. Oh well, I probably wouldn't be a member
of this particular site if I were any good at caring about or following rules

edit on 11-4-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
WoW, I mean WOW

I am a white british male, and having just read the reports and views of others here i have to say I am quite shocked that some people are defending the shooter, this looks a murder all over.

Thought I would add my views as some people are obviously blinded by the facts in this case.

this is america. half the white are racist. half the blacks are racist. half the mexicans are racist.

gotta love it!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
reply to post by elitegamer23

My thoughts exactly. Just let the justice system do its job.

I still don't understand why my thread was pulled. The breaking story that HE WAS charged, and WHAT
he was charged with, seems more important than a speculative thread about impending
charges. One might happen (we don't know yet) and one HAS happened (including important details
about what the charges were)...maybe I don't get the rules. Oh well, I probably wouldn't be a member
of this particular site if I were any good at caring about or following rules

edit on 11-4-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

maybe it was pulled because a moderator thinks zimmerman shouldnt see a trial, jk.
i d k why that would happen, ask a mod.

im glad that this case is finally going to a court room instead of the trial being on ATS.

if zimmerman is found innocent, i will accept that. if he is found guilty i will accepet that.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
Agreed, but it appears that many people have already come to a conclusion with out any factual evidence that either zimmerman was a racist or that Trayvon was a thug.

And it seems guilt or innocent hinges on those how Martin and Zimmerman are perceived. Facts do not matter, this is being tried on emotion.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Could you tell us what evidence that is? None of us have all the facts.

Or perhaps you were an eyewitness. Please, describe what you saw.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by specialk89
Fair enough, lets wait for the facts.

As GovtFlu pointed out, the police detained him with a suggested charge of negligent homicide. So not shoddy police-work at all.

ProPublica

So where's the investigation report? Did they analyze the audio recording? Did they analyze the bullet trajectory and match it up to Zimmerman's story? Did they check to see if there was any of Zimmerman's DNA under Martin's nails from the beating he supposedly gave Zimmerman? Anything in-depth analysis? A kid did die and the events leading up to it is pretty questionable. Can you define to me what "not so shoddy police-work" means in a murder investigation?
edit on 11-4-2012 by specialk89 because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Could you tell us what evidence that is? None of us have all the facts.

Or perhaps you were an eyewitness. Please, describe what you saw.

Are you for real, have you not heard the police recording for a start? Who had the gun? Who went after who?

Please people dont be ignorant. This is an open closed case.

Deny ignorance !

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
Agreed, but it appears that many people have already come to a conclusion with out any factual evidence that either zimmerman was a racist or that Trayvon was a thug.

And it seems guilt or innocent hinges on those how Martin and Zimmerman are perceived. Facts do not matter, this is being tried on emotion.

its going to trial. THE FACTS DO MATTER NOW!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Now that he has been charged with 2nd Degree Murder.. I think we should all just sit back and wait for the trial. All these 2nd and 3rd and 10000th hand accounts mean nothing.

They obviously went over the evidence and thought a charge was warranted. We can speculate if it was over the "racial issues" all we want. But once the trial starts, the evidence will come out, and ONLY THEN should we cast judgement. It's perfectly OK to have an "opinion" on his innocence or guilt. But we all need to stop acting like we KNOW the truth. There are only 2 people who do, and one of them is dead.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
lol you really can't win by posting threads on this topic. At first they were all being closed because there was a thread on the topic. Now old threads can be closed so that new ones can start...its a little crazy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
follow that through the thread closures to here

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

WoW, I mean WOW

Obviously you either do not understand our justice system, and/or you haven't a clue as to the facts as so far presented. I will obviously give you some leeway since you aren't from our country, and seeing how as a result of such you may not understand how things work here.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2012 by DavidWillts because: wrong thread

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by rival

do people really think a 17 year old kid can be shot in the usa and no trial should be necessary?

why dont people just let the justice system find out if he is guilty or innocent.

Yeah, of course. If a case is self-defense then obviously there shouldn't need to be a trial. Also, someone being 17 years old doesn't mean jack, and I've known killers who are yet again years younger than that.

While I welcome allowing the facts to fully present themselves for once-and-for all, this is blatantly an appeasement move by someone interested in furthering their career. Prosecutors nowadays are usually just interested in earning stripes, so it's not surprising at all. To top it all off, Zimmerman will never receive a fair trial, and again, if you listened to the speech by the appointed State's Attorney you'll notice how blatantly one-sided she sounded while spouting the same rhetorical phrasing as the Martin protestors. This thing has mistrial written all over it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I rest easy every night knowing OJ was out there trying to find his wife's killer on the golf course before he was busted for another crime. Where was the mob for Nicole? nope civility reigned and the world pressed on. Good thing the caucasion community didn't rally and go on tv ask for him to be murdered as well or have a Hollywood type tweet his address in hopes that someone would do a drive by.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by Darkstar12 because: typo correction

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
All I want to see is a fair trial.

This should have been done immediately, with the "stand your ground" defense, then there would not have been the BS that has happened since. If he was not guilty, he would ave been found so. then just as he would now. If he is Guilty, he would have been found as such then, just as now. All that waiting has done is make it harder to select an impartial jury, and fueled the MSM into turning this into a race card circus act.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Are you for real, have you not heard the police recording for a start?

The police recording does not prove anything.

Who had the gun? Who went after who?

You tell us. You seem to know all of the facts of the case.

Please people dont be ignorant. This is an open closed case.

Is it now? Please, you obviously have facts the rest of us do not.

Deny ignorance !

Such as pretending you know every fact of the case?

Fact is, you were not there. So neither you, nor anyone else, can say this is cut-and-dry.
edit on 11-4-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

reply to post by rival

Yeah, of course. If a case is self-defense then obviously there shouldn't need to be a trial. Also, someone being 17 years old doesn't mean jack, and I've known killers who are yet again years younger than that.

While I welcome allowing the facts to fully present themselves for once-and-for all, this is blatantly an appeasement move by someone interested in furthering their career. Prosecutors nowadays are usually just interested in earning stripes, so it's not surprising at all. To top it all off, Zimmerman will never receive a fair trial, and again, if you listened to the speech by the appointed State's Attorney you'll notice how blatantly one-sided she sounded while spouting the same rhetorical phrasing as the Martin protestors. This thing has mistrial written all over it.

It's not obvious in this case it was self defense. It is clear to SP Angela Cory it was not self defense that is why she charged him with 2nd degree murder.

What side do you want the Special Prosecutor to be on? She is prosecuting Zimmerman for the murder of Trayvon Martin. Do you want her to be on the side of Zimmerman? That wouldn't make sense now would it?

If Casey Anthony and OJ can get their fair trials after their media circus why do you think that Zimmerman can't? If you look at it that way, history shows he will probably walk. Shouldn't that make you feel better?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join