It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman to be charged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Looks like they caved in to pressure and took the racist card bait again.

link

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation. It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face. Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law. Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla. Benjamin Crump, who is representing the Martin family, said this week that Corey’s office had asked where Trayvon’s parents would be each day this week. They arrived Wednesday in Washington for a civil rights conference organized by the Rev. Al Sharpton, where they are scheduled to speak.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Or maybe they didn't and decided that he should be held accountable for his actions.

The guy shot somebody, and we need to find out the truth of that incident.

Of course it could also be a case of an ambition prosecutor trying to make a name for himself too.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think they are doing the right thing.

This needs to go to trial. If only to bring the truth to light.
And it might be that the truth will be that the guys innocent.
I don't know.
Personally I think he's guilty of manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think it's the right thing to do, not because he was being racist or not, but because he shot a kid. I find it very hard to believe that a kid like Martin could easily take down a guy of Zimmerman's complexion. We'll never know what happened there for sure, and to close my post I also think this is a clear case of what happens when a crime becomes so public that it has people against any of the possible resolutions, it's ok to worry and care about the situation of the world, but I don't think its cool to interfere that much when we don't know anything about the real events that took place.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just want to know what they re going to charge him with. I think Involuntary Manslaughter is appropriate and a slam dunk case.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Charged with a shooting ... that could be anything from Murdrer to manslaughter involuntary manslaughter to illegal discharge of a weapon .. etc. It'll be interesting to see what they've got as evidence and I'm wondering if TVs are allowed in the court rooms in Florida etc etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face

What are they going to charge him with? My guess? It will be some trumped up charge like disturbing the peace or something. They'll charge him, he won't show up, there will be a warrant out, people who thought he would/could be innocent will change their minds and MSM will have him tried and convicted before he is ever found.

And when he is found? Look in a gutter or ditch on the side of the road..... That guy is not getting out of this, one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

In florida manslaughter is not split.
it's just manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My personal opinion is this. I cant believe that it didnt go to Grand Jury right away but I also realize that there was a police investigation and it did conclude that it was self defense, according to Florida law.
Now after two or so months, they want to do a 180 and I can only think that its due to all the threats of rioting, and killing of crackers and honkies. i
Oh and also the illegal hit put out on Zimmerman by the New Black Panther party, something our black AG refuses to even acknowledge.

This is the only way that the radical blacks know how to deal with situations.

Michelle said during the interview, "Let me tell you, the things that's about to happen, to these honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, these ---- people. It has been long overdue. My prize right now this evening ... is gonna be the bounty, the arrest, dead or alive, for George Zimmerman. You feel me?" Bubba addressed her saying, "Michelle, really? You are so much better than that, honey."

New Black Panther Chief of Staff
edit on 11-4-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join