It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, 6pm CHARGES TBA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I dont agree with what this guy did, he was the self professed leader of a one man neighborhood watch committee, which in my opinion, made him a vigilante.
But apparently, the "stand your ground law" in Florida is pretty clear and according to most evidence, he was within that law.
As far as making him appear lighter, I think the media intentionally did this to either sell a story (ratings) or because it an election year or and this is less likely to me, to stir up racial tensions (which could be tied into option 1 as well, ratings)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Why did the avoid a grand jury trial?

There's no such thing as a "grand jury" trial. A grand jury looks at all the evidence and determines if it's enough for an indictment. That's all they do. The prosecutor in this case determined the State had enough evidence to file charges and didn't need a GJ.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

a great deal of inflammatory remarks have been made in regards to this event.

that man may be using this defense until he's old and grey.

i don't even know why i call him a man, he's a young person...closer in age to my daughters than me.

it would suck to be him or to even say he was a friend.

he's never going to get decent employment or find a nice place to live.

even if he is found not guilty...knowing him will bring down the value of your real estate.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Why did the avoid a grand jury trial?

There's no such thing as a "grand jury" trial. A grand jury looks at all the evidence and determines if it's enough for an indictment. That's all they do. The prosecutor in this case determined the State had enough evidence to file charges and didn't need a GJ.

What the grand jury sees is confidential
what evidence and facts they are hear
are confidential as well...
They want this kept in the public eye,
and a grand jury would be biased in the
evidence presented. Either they totally
letting zimmerman off or try for a first degree
murder charge, which is why the grand jury
for the others involved is a HUGE gamble..

Why this special prosecuter wanted to make
all the calls, and make a name for herself
in lew of this tragic event.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by popsmayhem

Pretty funny that for a guy you believe is innocent, you are already talking about what might happen after he is convicted and goes to prison.

I know, its insane... It's almost as if he believes an innocent person could actually ever end up in prison. It's like he has some wild notions of our justice system not being perfect. I just don't get it... I don't think I can trust a word that comes out of this man's mouth because it all sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. In fact, after perusing through this guy's thread and actually reading some of these posts, I had to go check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fools Day.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I don't think it makes him the most dangerous. I mean. The kid jumped him. Plus we don't know what the kid was up to. Also there had been many burglaries, robberies, and gunshots in the neighborhood prior.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join