It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody been attacked by a succubus/incubus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I thought these were invented by priests to explain the
pregnancy of nuns..Catch my drift?

spacedoubt........you are actually quite close.

Let's think about this logically, shall we?

The definition and etymology......

Soure Merriam Webster
Inflected Form(s): plural suc·cu·bi /-"bI, -"bE/
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, alteration of Latin succuba paramour, from succubare to lie under, from sub- + cubare to lie, recline
Date: 14th century
: a demon assuming female form to have sexual intercourse with men in their sleep — compare INCUBUS

The way I see it the concept of succubi and incubi was created to explain away hypnosis and its applications. Human manipulation is an age old concept and the hypnosis has been traced to even prior to the middle ages.

The middle ages, roughly the time of the origin of succubi/incubi, was a very religious time for evolving civilizations in Europe. The focus back then was on kingdom - property, social customs and heirarchy, so the potential for the practice of hypnosis to hold power over someone is feasible. Religion is notable as it is a concept held consistently by a society and can help bridge stories and the required 'suspension of disbelief.'

Succubi are based sex and the biological impulses that are pleasuable. Their appearances, however, are at night.....scary time back then......during sleep......a period of consciousness where suggestibility is at its highest and the line that seperates reality from dreams, which would make it easy to explain away somebody messing with you as demonic and therefore something that can't be made accountable. The use of fear and pleasure is to drown the organism in hormones and,as a result, a high suggestibility ratio. Implorations such as," You better do this or else," coupled with "you like this don't you?", in the spirit of fear and pleasure helps to establish an authoritave role to the "conducter." The nature of the subconscious allows for retention of this information as well as a logical dissociation....I think multiple personality disorder has been around for a long time.

Assumedly, hypnosis was in its infancy back then and not well understood. That is why a cover story would be relevant, beyond the human impulse to tell storys anyway....what if you woke up in the middle of an episode? If you had heard scary stories of demons attacking you in your sleep, you would think that it was a demon!! That would affect your reaction.....paralyzed fear instead of righteous indignation. The "story" helps to establish a precedent and probably was an inside joke to some.

Imagine a loved one unable to sleep and talking to their spouse....and getting responses.....and then finding out the next morning that the conversation didn't occur. Now imagine that person attempting to understand why and conducting further experiments.....all the while keeping it secret........social engineering in its infancy.

This post is admittedly erratic. I hold that succubi/incubi are human beings who have a basic understanding of mind manipulation........hypnosis isn't necassarily required for this and potentially evolved from these practices.

I believe that old myths have reasons for them. I also believe that there are people whose business it is to use and abuse other people. They had to start somewhere............

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Not even one response to my post?.........

Either there are points of contention or the fact that human beings are blatantly manipulating other people with almost impunity is alot scarier than a demon.........

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
yes i have experienced this. it is so unbelievably pleasant that it is hard to deny once you have experienced it. and every time it gains access, it grows stronger. i actually have hours of it on video complete with finger depressions and lip compressions. it also comes with many problems, so do not attempt contact because it is a rare man who has broken free of the clutches of this beast that draws off your soul. becoming stronger with every lustful thought, every greedy desire, every fearful thought. it will use your thoughts against you as you can not hide from it.
sleep paralysis is the first step. colors and lights are the second, voices and sounds are the third, sexual dreams are the fourth, odd feelings of lust and insatiable sexual desire are the the fifth. communication is the sixth, submission is the seventh, and finally possesion is the eighth.
all inquisitives tread lightly as these do not come forth through exorcism or any other way.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What if..succubis or incubus are people who can have and frequenlty have OOBE and are..ermm..getting close to sleeping people!

Think about THAT!

[edit on 13-2-2006 by StrangledHeart]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
while it is possible i do not think that is what is happening to me because this person would have to be sleeping for 2 months now. when it was at its strongest it never stopped. 24/7 .

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
They are both old folklore and legends, best explained as sleep paralysis, as mentioned above.

Modern 'enlightened' people have done away with such foolish legends, and replaced them with alien abduction stories.

Same phenomenom, different characters.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
man..i wish someone would have sex with me in my sleep..preferably awake though..but, im not fussy

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hello, I am a long time reader, only my second post but thats because I only post about things that I am absolutely 100% on.

I broke my leg badly in 2005 at the beginning of the year, and as a result, after the operation, spent about 2 weeks at my parents house because it was just easier for me to be there (and they have cable tv.)

Anyway, I hadn't seen my girlfriend of the time for that whole two weeks, and with so much spare time on my hands, had been doing a lot of reading as well as music, and I also began to dabble in the occult. Knowingly or unknowingly, or perhaps my frustration at not being able to see my girlfriend and all the usual stuff that goes with that for a 20 year old guy, one night after going to sleep at midnight, I was attacked by an incubus/succubus.

I have never really been much of a religious person, but I have been becoming more so over the past 3 or so years, but let me tell you, this was definately an entity that I did not imagine. First of all, it started like a very very vivid lucid dream, only highly erotic. I met this beautiful european girl with lush dark brown/black hair, and the sleeping encounter progressed into the sexual act, which was absolutely mindblowing by the way. Anyway, about 10 minutes into this the beautiful girl turned around and asked if she had my permission to do something, what this was exactly I cannot remember, but because I was in such a state of sexual bliss and frenzy I gave my permission.

Sort of like -
Beautiful Girl - "Can I do "this" ........?"
Me - "Yes"
Her - "I can do "this" to you?"
Me - "Yes"
Her - "You have given me permission to do "this" ?"
Myself - "Yes"

It was at this point that the girls face first and then body kind of melted/morphed into a red/orange/black pixelated and blurry kind of horrorible thing, and her eyes became pure black and evil, when looking at me it was draining my energy/soul. I was absolutely terrified, I knew that I was having intercourse with a Demon. I was overcame with an immense feeling of dread, such as I have never encountered before, and I have been in 2 near fatal car accidents (never me driving though.)

This immense dread and fear was accompanied by a physical sensation of an extreme vaccum like pressure/sucking on my loinal area, which felt like I was having all of my energy/seed drained out of the area just above the private parts and below the stomach. Looking back, it would have been a pleasant feeling if I hadn't been in such terror.

As I stated earlier, I have never been very religious, and I have never been baptised, but for some reason in my fear I called upon the name of Christ, and prayed and screamed and prayed and screamed the name of Christ over and over again, when coming out of this area of the dreamscape I could feel the demon trying to pull me back in, and for a while it seemed as though it would not let me leave and I could not wake up. It was holding me in my nightmare, but eventually by screaming the name of Christ over and over I managed to wake up whereupon I turned all the lights in my room on and prayed for the first time in years in thanks to Christ for saving me from that. I knew that I had angered the being by escaping from it in the nightmare realm, and after that I couldn't sleep in that room without a light on for the rest of my stay there, imagine that, a 20 year old man sleeping with the light on, and I'm a big guy! 6'2 and 110 kilograms!

I will also add that by the time I managed to escape and wake up, it was 3.40am. After my encounter, I did some research and discovered that the hour between 3 and 4am is considered by some in the occult realm to be the demonic witching hour where evil power and energy is at its greatest.

This was my second of two encounters I have had with demons, and let me tell you they are not nice, nothing in the conscious world compares to the horror and fear of what these things can do to you in the confines of your mind, and especially whilst you sleep. My first encounter was a different kind of nightmare demon, I won't explain this as in depth as I have already typed a lot!!

Once again, a very vivid lucid dream like state, but this time made me feel that I had actually already woken from the dream. It was as though my conscious mind had awoken, and it started like any other normal day, I was going to get up and go to work, I looked over at my bench, and I actually saw the entity in the first person, I can only describe it as a blur on reality, I could see through it to the wall, but very very blurry, the best I can say is that if you have seen the movie predator, where he goes half invisible kind of thing, it looked like that. It launched itself into my head, and took control of myself. I was forced above and out of my own body, whereupon I watched myself (with the demon in control) get up, go down the hall, and murder my housemates and their 2 dogs very violently and bloodily with a kitchen knife. All the while, I was watching myself from above and screaming for me to stop.

Once again, the sensation of not being able to get out of the nightmare and wake up, only this first time I didn't call upon Christ, I just kept screaming and screaming and it felt like I woke up three times, only to be pulled back into the dream until I finally actually did wake up screaming.

I know critics will say they were just nightmares or I am some sicko, but I have had nightmares before and these two experiences were completely different. I know that I encountered some kind of other entity both times and these were probably the two worst experiences of my life.

Nowadays I just research the occult instead of dabbling.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I too had such a sleep paralysis, and that was really something, it was like this:

I was "awaken" by a small devil jumping on my back, he was jumping and jumping
I could really feel it.
I was sceared, my mind was racing wildly, and I was also aware that I could not move any part of my body.
So while the devil was jumping... I started to tell my self that this could not be true, to relax and so at the end I woke up.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I found a very old "book" in the woods about 20 years ago ... a book about demonology... anyhow, succubi/incubi were described as "one in the same".

The succubi would have sex with men, collect their seaman, at which, they would then take the incubus form and copulate with women (releasing the newly aquired seaman). Repeat process.

I tend to agree with whoever mentioned the "nuns getting pregnant" idea. During those times, nuns (and cheating noble women) were getting pregnant and obviously you cant have all these imaculate conceptions running a muk so as we do in our modern times - they used the best excuse which can not be proved.

ALWAYS consider the psycology and mindset of the subject in question.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
THis is a very intreasting topic here and i do so injoy it more then any thing the talk of demons and the like atacking people it makes me happy to see that such things ad belivers still belive in all of this..

I must say Drbones666 your accounts of demons and succubus's are very good i do injoy your tale and belive in it as well i belive in all demons and the like and i must say it was good..

My self i have never been attacked by demons of any kind in quiet a long time and i deal in the occult heavly and pagan ritules and other stuff i am a big mysitc and i find all of this to be very fun..

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wait, how is having sex with a sexy woman a bad thing? Succubuses, I live at:

8077 Rio Del Grande Road
San Diego, CA 92121
USA

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, the whole concept of incubi and succubi seem's nonsensical to me, but the concept of posession by an unclean spirit with unclean intentions does not (extreme cases, supposedly you can see when a posessed individual has been "taken over" according to exorcists, the people have a "look" in their eyes/face which betrays them. Not that I'm Catholic, but the Vatican's exorcists are some of the best Catholics in my opinion)

Question: did you invite "something" the night this happened? Well, I think so but I'm interested if you actually performed some ritual, or conciously invited something in even the smallest way. Maybe that could have been the cause of the problem.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I think you are just right.It'mind manipulation.Thanks for your writings.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I absolutely believe in incubi and succubi. I know because I experienced them nightly for many years. there were times in my teenage years and my twenties when I was attacked quite violently in the night by daemons. and woke up screaming. but I also used to wake up every night with the feeling of fingers lightly caressing my chest and genitals. I would awake to find that I was alone and that it was my own fingers as though they were being guided. I didn't know what it was and never told anyone because I was afraid they wouldn't believe me.

as the years went on, classic to the old tales of succubi attacks, I found my life went into a serious downward spiral. horrible things were happening to me all the time which I had no control over. I was becoming weak, even mad. I began to pursue many different forms of occult rituals to fix my life and the horrible things that were happening to me.

after many years of this, it was like my prayers were answered. one night about 5 years ago, I felt the succubi approach and as they began their usual thing, I concentrated, (for about the 500th time) No, I don't' want this, please take them away form me, and when I did I heard a voice say, You can't be here any more, and suddenly I saw a black shape like a raven or something emerge from my body and fly off into the darkness.

I was never bothered again, but it took a long time to heal the damage done to me.

This is a true story but has been abbreviated hugely due to the constraints of this forum.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Incubus/succubus are one and the same creature and they do not always come to you as the opposite sex. Thats why they're called demons.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
well sing this and the sccubus will go away

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There's very little concrete evidence on the web to support true accounts of encounters with succubi. I had an experience a while ago. I was lying on my back on the couch. It was dark and I was nodding off to sleep. As my eyes fell closed, I saw this vivid image of a naked woman with messy black hair crawling towards me. She was very pale, had bags under her eyes and looked quite haggard - though I wouldn't say that she was necessarily ugly. What terrified me was the expression on her face; it just seemed so filled with malice somehow. She was grinning at me and staring at me with these piercing eyes. I opened my eyes and turned on the light and she was gone, but the image and the uneasy feeling stayed with me for days afterward. The image of her was so real and the feeling of peril I felt when I saw it was unexplainable. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
unless you count some of my ex girlfriends and succubus cant say ive ever been attacked

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join