It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christ Deception: Proven!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would never bash anyone's chosen beliefs.

Is it too much to ask for the same courtesy?

Everything that is written is from the hand of a man.

I choose to put my "Faith" in Jesus.

You have the freedom to choose your own beliefs.

Why should my choice bother anybody?

Do that soulbrother. It does not bother me. Im just playing around with the people who cannot let me have my own choice and judge me.
. I love preaching nonduality to the people who have a dualistic view and by doing it I create a duality that I am myself caught up in. The dualistic vs the non dualistic. It is such a funny paradox.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

If a Muslim or Jew or other spiritual person has a very close connection to God, lives a righteous life, who am I to say Jesus couldn't have mercy and grant them eternal life in Paradise? Also, I have no proof reincarnation doesn't exist, so maybe God's way of showing mercy for Buddhists is to reincarnate them? Maybe he just sends them to sheol and gives them nirvana? I do not know Gods ways, for His ways are not my ways, nor His thoughts mine,

All I or anyone for that matter can do is make educated guesses...

I don't proclaim judgement on people, I leave that to God Almighty.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

If a Muslim or Jew or other spiritual person has a very close connection to God, lives a righteous life, who am I to say Jesus couldn't have mercy and grant them eternal life in Paradise? Also, I have no proof reincarnation doesn't exist, so maybe God's way of showing mercy for Buddhists is to reincarnate them? Maybe he just sends them to sheol and gives them nirvana? I do not know Gods ways, for His ways are not my ways, nor His thoughts mine,

Which is another way of saying you know exactly this ---> 0.000000

Otherwise hailed as the great and mysterious "nothing".
edit on CWednesdaypm141418f18America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Starchild23

Do you know, that Amun Ra myth is another New Age myth, and that amen is a hebrew term meaning so be it?

I think the Ancient Egyptians and the History Books would take issue here. Ra/Re was very real, he was an ET that the Egyptians associated with the Sun, the Universal God of all Cultures. Where are you getting all of this false information from? Are you reading this from an alternative history book or something?

Variants of the Sun God Ra - Atum, Amun & Amon
This god is universally associated with the sun, heaven, kingship, power, light and the creation of the universe. The variant of names and composite deities that result include the following:

Ra or Re

Atum or Atum-Ra or Atum-Re

Amun or Amun-Ra or Amun-Re

Amon or Amon-Ra or Amon-Re

Ra was also combined with Horus as Ra-Horakhte

The Sun God Ra is most closely associated with the legends and myths surrounding the Sun God Atum and his story related to the Ennead. The Ennead is the collective name given to the nine deities (Gods and Goddesses) of the cosmogony (creation myth) of Heliopolis, the birthplace of the company of the gods and where creation began.

The Egyptian the Sun God Ra - Creation and Relatives
The early Egyptian priests evolved a creation myth, or Cosmogony, to explain how some of the Gods and Goddesses came into being. The early Egyptian priests then evolved a Family tree, the relatives of the main Egyptian Gods, like Sun God Ra, to explain how some of the Gods and Goddesses were related.

The Beginning of the Egyptian Sun God Ra
The Sun God Ra (as Atum or Amun) was one of the Ennead, the collective name given to the nine original deities (Gods and Goddesses) of the cosmogony of Heliopolis (the birthplace of the Gods) in the creation myths and legends. The story of creation relates that the Sun God Ra (as Atum) rose in the beginning from the primeval ocean called Nun to the first, conical-shaped, mound of earth. The first rays of the sun fell on Ra marking the way to heaven by ascending the rays of the sun. No woman was ever associated with the first God and the creation myth tells that Atum-Ra created the earth , and the first God and Goddess, from his seed through masturbation.
source
Re/Ra
Where does a young, ignorant mind such as yours get this stuff? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Where does a young, ignorant mind such as yours get this stuff? Inquiring minds want to know.

Don't you know? This is Christianity talking...people aren't supposed to think, they were only made to worship their bloodthirsty egotistical god!

Literally, that's what it says (excepting the description of their god)

Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

edit on CWednesdaypm595923f23America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Are you agreeing or disagreeing? And if so, with whom?

I am agreeing with this:
Faith" is defined as "belief that is not based on Truth." Belief in things told one by another is a good analogy here. Wiccans do not have "Faith," we just "Know."
We research our (and everyone else's) religion down to the bone, unlike the average Christian who only reads verses as asked by the minister.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Bloodthirsty? Is not your Illuminati God Bloodthirsty too? What about all those sacrifices, this ''Roseline''?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Are you agreeing or disagreeing? And if so, with whom?

I am agreeing with this:
Faith" is defined as "belief that is not based on Truth." Belief in things told one by another is a good analogy here. Wiccans do not have "Faith," we just "Know."
We research our (and everyone else's) religion down to the bone, unlike the average Christian who only reads verses as asked by the minister.

Sounds about right to me. We all have innate knowledge...but the Church wants us to listen to their book and their priests, not the cosmic powers. Otherwise, they lose control.

Blegh.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Bloodthirsty? Is not your Illuminati God Bloodthirsty too? What about all those sacrifices, this ''Roseline''?

Alright. Enough of this bs.

I am not Illuminati. The fact that you even started on that tangent, accusing me of being Illuminati (I am not willing to deal with the rumored sacrifices necessary to join) and going so far as to accuse me of having an Illuminati god is just utterly ridiculous. It disgusts me, very much so.

I know nothing of any "roseline" except that the roseline is the original meridian, the line that divides the world in two.

My god is not what I call a god. God is the word you use for something that is worshiped. I have veneration for it, but I do not worship it. My god is what I call Source, the Infinite Creator. Source is actually the most accurate term I can give it. And so it shall be.

Source would rather us all get along and stop trying to kill each other, than have us devote one single act to it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

LOL

I am not saying Amun Ra, or Amon Ra, or Amon, or Amun, I am saying Amen, and when I say it, I repeat in my head, So be it.

You're a funny guy.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes, that's true. Dan Brown believes that ''God'' is our brains.
But I at least agree with you on the ''stop killing each other''s point.

Enough wars.
orry for saying you were Illuminati. You think so much like one...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

LOL

I am not saying Amun Ra, or Amon Ra, or Amon, or Amun, I am saying Amen, and when I say it, I repeat in my head, So be it.

You're a funny guy.

Amun, reconstructed Egyptian Yamānu (also spelled Amon, Amoun, Amen, Zeus Amun,

Actually, you are saying Ra's name.

Such a silly little sheep.
edit on CWednesdaypm050534f34America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes, that's true. Dan Brown believes that ''God'' is our brains.
But I at least agree with you on the ''stop killing each other''s point.

Enough wars.
orry for saying you were Illuminati. You think so much like one...

Maybe that's because you've been taught not to think at all.

I'm serious. This whole thread has become a great argument of absolute nonsense and headaches. None of you except autowrench and a couple of others have produced evidence to support your religion (or beliefs connected with it) or even any sense so far. I sit evidence in front of you and you cherry pick it.

God forbid someone ask you the capital of Thailand...
edit on CWednesdaypm151551f51America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Bangkok.
I use my brain, all right. As much as you do. You are just looking for others to agree with you, and only then you call them ''intelligent''.
No offence meant. I assure you my tone has less variations than Neo's talking to Smith in Matrix 2.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I produced an informed, well-reasoned response on page 4 and you just ignored it. What gives?

Seems like no one is really picking around for truth anyway, just flinging names and pointing fingers. This thread proves nothing except that man tends to love the sound of his own voice.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by nolongerblind

Christian, Muslim, or what ever faith you subscribe to is purely rooted in you because of who and where you decided to be in this life.

I have to disagree.

Your religion is forced upon you more often than you choose it.

Whether you choose it because you want to make your family proud, because it was ingrained in you from an early age, or because you were coerced by your elders and peers (similar to smoking), you had virtually no choice in the matter.

When it comes to these things, will power only goes so far. When you are trained to take everything for granted and attribute every coincidence to God because you can't explain it without using that oh-so-diabolical science, you don't really see any other path. You may consider it, but you are programmed/taught to not take it.

Why? Because then you'll burn forever. This can be applied to any other faith as well...except for Taoism, Buddhism, and a few others that do not condemn you for not choosing their faith. And that is one of the final giveaways for Christianity:

"If you don't do and believe as we say, you are f***ed. Why? Because we say so. We speak for God, so you have to listen to us."

Just like that.
edit on CWednesdaypm222210f10America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

I completely agree with you. I think I may have worded it wrongly. The way you view the world is skewed by your background. Be it a strong or lacking religious upbringing. Some live their entire life accepting one thing because questioning it would be horrendous.
My question is why do feel we have to label what we believe as an individual. Why subscribe to being a pack animal. There is nothing with just believing...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thank you for not judging. I do also make educated guesses but sometimes I think I am guided to have certain thoughts. In my mind all souls can become enlightnened if they want to but it happens when god see that you are ready for it. I look at religon as from very far above it and in my mind the different religons make up a whole that seem to fit together so perfectly.

The awakened/enlightened souls are called different things in different religons. In buddhism the are Buddhas. In Christianety they have the holy spirit. Hindus seem to understand the body part of the connection to god best with the Chakras and Kundalini rising. Some souls awaken thru depression instead but that is confussing for the mind and some go crazy because they know to much and have a hard time handeling it.

I wish you a happy evolution if you want it. And may you always get what you need.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Why can't everyone be like you?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Bangkok.
I use my brain, all right. As much as you do. You are just looking for others to agree with you, and only then you call them ''intelligent''.
No offence meant. I assure you my tone has less variations than Neo's talking to Smith in Matrix 2.

Well...let's see. You're arguing against my thesis that Christianity is based on both lies and plagiarism...yet you have not proven me wrong.

I will concede the point when you have proven me wrong. Not when you agree with me, but when you have proven that Christianity is entirely original.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join