It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christ Deception: Proven!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

its just a system of control, not all brands of Christianity... there are several groups, even if the Pope claims he is the voice of God.

Jesus really was the Savior for all humankind...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by TedHodgson

A person with its mind set to destroy religions is of no use either.
Do you believe EVERYTHING in the press?

Actually such a person, no matter his motives, are of much better use: just imagine all the time that would be freed up if all that religious people stopped doing their silly rituals, praying and building churches, not to even mention the widespread fanaticisicm manifesting itself as a consequence thereof, resulting in violent acts not too uncommonly.

Now imagine all this time and effort put into another area that would actually be of future benefit to mankind, like spacecraft research, propulsion systems, nano technology or simple, basic manufacturing of products or services, or spent helping your fellow human being in need.

This would quickly create an abundance, ultimately driving prices down and well-being up.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

you have to go back to the Greek and before, like the Sumerians ect...

this stuff goes way back before the Romans.

My point exactly. Christianity happened to be powerful and convincing enough that it managed to wipe out a handful of faiths and religions, using the pieces of those demonized faiths to refine its own doctrine, before parading around as though they were entirely original and pure.

I am pretty sure that in the first century a.d. "Christianity" was anything but powerful and convincing. Those apostles and writers of the gospels were running for their lives.

Once Constantine came on the scene the symbol of the cross became dominate once again based on his "vision".

What people do with symbols and religion really have no bearing on events that took place in history.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Did you not read my post? I wholeheartedly agreed that a crucifix is a pagan symbol. However, this does not change the fact that Jesus was killed by crucifixion by the Roman state as well as many others were in the history of the Roman Empire.

This also does not change the fact that Jesus was not the only one who died and rose three days later. In fact, if he was killed by a Pagan symbol, why aren't we saying it was a Pagan god who resurrected him?

Eh, cause it wasn't a symbol that killed him. It was nails driven into his hands and feet and a spear in his side by Roman soldiers that killed him. Roman soldiers guarded his tomb which was sealed with a large stone. Were the soldiers in on the conspiracy as well?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Lucifer/Satan

Yea we gonna talk about me!
*quickly scrolls down*

Satan Is A Lie

FFFFUUUUUUUU
I aint a lie. Screw you...

/sarcasm

In all seriousness, we know a lot of things are borrowed. It's not the stories that are important but the lessons they teach.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

What people do with symbols and religion really have no bearing on events that took place in history.

To be perfectly crystal clear, this is a quote I took from your post.

And this quote, to my understanding, says that no matter what really happened in history, people will do what they want with religion and its symbology and meaning. They will create their own machine of control out of the pieces, just for their own ends.

This is what I'm reading. That you are basically agreeing with everything I said...not the evidence, but the thesis itself. Or you are implying that you agree with me.

Either way, you have apparently conceded the point. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Remember fellas... Jesus wanted no establishment to keep his spirit, he wanted it to shine thru for every person because here USA is, running on his values and Gods law system with no affiliation to any institution but his spirit.

the founders of this nation were bible thumpers one can easily see that, and they thought this stuff over which is holding up quite well.

200 years of the flame and English language is dominating the planet...

--------

you can't get him off your hand or your mind... the Word is our spoken language. (the Living Word)

edit on 11-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

In all seriousness, we know a lot of things are borrowed. It's not the stories that are important but the lessons they teach.

Indeed.

As I have said, where would we be without religion?

Dead, or fallen...in the Luciferian sense.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

you're sounding like a broken record... Jesus only has his place, screw the establishment... if it wasnt for religions and beliefs that predated him you wouldn't be here at all, you would be back in time in a barbaric state.

thanks to those who went before...

-------

that's it, someone else said it so it must be true?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Anything written by man is subject to error.
Unfortunately, there is not enough information to prove anything.

A lot like the so called "word of God."

Jesus is the most documented person in History.

A common argument, but nonetheless, a fib. The only real documentation is the NT, and it's very authorship is questionable. Most of the Jewish Historians never made mention of Jesus, there are no Roman Records, Tax Records, Egyptian Records, etc.

Yet we still are missing huge chunks of his life story.

Those stories existed, but were cast aside by the Church, and Constantine. Blame them, not the lack of available history.

It comes down to the hardest thing a thinking human can do...Having Faith.

"Faith" is defined as "belief that is not based on Truth." Belief in things told one by another is a good analogy here. Wiccans do not have "Faith," we just "Know."
We research our (and everyone else's) religion down to the bone, unlike the average Christian who only reads verses as asked by the minister.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

To be perfectly crystal clear, this is a quote I took from your post.

And this quote, to my understanding, says that no matter what really happened in history, people will do what they want with religion and its symbology and meaning. They will create their own machine of control out of the pieces, just for their own ends.

This is what I'm reading. That you are basically agreeing with everything I said...not the evidence, but the thesis itself. Or you are implying that you agree with me.

Either way, you have apparently conceded the point. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, I do agree that people will do what they please with religion and it's symbology and often times create to advance their own agenda. Where we part ways is that I believe Jesus is the legitimate savior and Lord of the world. I do not believe that a bunch of broke fishermen, shepherds, and tax collectors were trying to advance some hidden power agenda. I believe they were speaking the truth while they were getting their heads chopped off and getting crucified in the process.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am selective of which establishments I pick on

you have to ween thru the mess of the flavors of Christianity...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Star for you, autowrench. A thinking, rational mind is finally in the house.

Wiccans and pagans have a veneration for nature, because they know everything natural is God. The Church hated them because they worshiped something that was not Church property, and therefore not under Church control or jurisdiction. It weakened their control and influence.

Something they very much loathed.

And so, pagans and wiccans either died or were converted, and their symbols used by the Church because of its lack of originality. In fact, you could say the Church invented plagiarism.
edit on CWednesdayam454556f56America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I feel that in due time, we will either agree to disagree or accept a common ideal. We are in a time of great change in the material world as well as spiritual. With this change will come understanding. But to get to a mutual understanding and find common we will undergo a process prior to acceptance. Grief, denial, anger... with those emotions will come great calamity. It wont be pretty on earth. But once we as a planet are beatdown to a common ground we can then rebuild and grow. Religion is as old as the planet. Every tribe had their version. Time passed, stories evolved, and people lived accordingly. We are at a time when the story is about to elvolve again. There will be those who fight it to the death. But we are ever changing. We are one. Physically and spiritually. We are all born the same and die the same. No matter what story you follow or life you live. Our views are skewed and relative to our culture. Christian, Muslim, or what ever faith you subscribe to is purely rooted in you because of who and where you decided to be in this life.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That is not the definition of faith. There is a big difference between the word truth and the word proof.

faith
[feyth]   Origin
faith
   /feɪθ/ Show Spelled[feyth] Show IPA
noun
confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nolongerblind

finally... pure rationality.

peace to you brother

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

A thinking, rational mind is finally in the house.

So, only people who agree with your POV are thinking and rational?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That is not the definition of faith. There is a big difference between the word truth and the word proof.

proof/pro͞of/
Noun:
Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Interesting that you should say that, considering the definition of "proof" includes the word "truth", as regards the proving statement. In essence, a "proving statement" would possess the quality of "truth", thus invalidating your argument.

Please insert 50 cents to restart.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

the code is in your word and in your journey to be speaking this tongue...

-------

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

A thinking, rational mind is finally in the house.

So, only people who agree with your POV are thinking and rational?

I never said that. My implication was that instead of cowering behind ready-made arguments and feeble excuses, logic and upstanding deduction that is clearly rational would be a progressive method by which to convince the opposition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join