It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christ Deception: Proven!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Anything written by man is subject to error.

Unfortunately, there is not enough information to prove anything.

Jesus is the most documented person in History.

Yet we still are missing huge chunks of his life story.

It comes down to the hardest thing a thinking human can do...Having Faith.

link   
all the establishments have to keep him on a stick because regardless this quest to know the answers will just rise out of the stone from any new birth at a certain age.

community churches I think are really cool... grand ones like the Catholics we know what they are doing now.

are they bad people? not necessarily but why keep the deception going if they are not going to teach the true way?

link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You are just agreeing with the Press and a best seller book from Brown: Jesus is bad, God is bad, and Hinduism-based Yoga is good.
I know, I did the thinking me too. I once believed Dan Brown to a T. But then I saw what he was trying to do, and I discovered the truth. (I think)

link   

Originally posted by micmerci
This is the text in question from the stone referred to as the "Gabriel Revelation"

69. Thus He said, (namely,) YHWHof Hosts, the Lord of Israel …:
70. Prophets have I sent to my people, three. And I say
71. that I have seen …[…]…
72. the place for the sake of(?) David the servant of YHWH[ …]…[…]
73. the heaven and the earth. Blessed be …[…]
74. men(?). “Showing mercy unto thousands”, … mercy […].
75. Three shepherds went out to?/of? Israel …[…]
76. If there is a priest, if there are sons of saints …[…]
77. Who am I(?), I (am?) Gabri’el the …(=angel?)… […]
78. You(?) will save them, …[…]…
79. from before You, the three si[gn]s(?), three …[….]
80. In three days …, I, Gabri’el …[?],
81. the Prince of Princes, …, narrow holes(?) …[…]…
82. to/for … […]… and the …
83. to me(?), out of three – the small one, whom(?) I took, I, Gabri’el.
84. YHWHof Hosts, the Lord of(?)[ Israel …]…[….]
85. Then you will stand …[…]…
86. …..
87. in(?) … eternity(?)/… ..

In line 80, Knohl claims to be able to see the Hebrew imperative for "live"- hayeh in smudged text. This has been highly disputed and a high-def copy of the text has recently been sent to a lab with experts in this area claiming that nothing can be distinguished from the smudge. Additionally, they stated that the line spacing was not consistent with other discovered texts from that time and that the ink on stone was highly unusual.

I love a good debate but this evidence does not even come close to proving anything.

I knew quite well that this was the weakest exhibit of everything I have brought forth in this thread, but I find it amusing that you should choose the weakest to debunk.

Are you incapable of arguing the rest?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Well said, man. Star.

link   

Originally posted by swan001

You are just agreeing with the Press and a best seller book from Brown: Jesus is bad, God is bad, and Hinduism-based Yoga is good.
I know, I did the thinking me too. I once believed Dan Brown to a T. But then I saw what he was trying to do, and I discovered the truth. (I think)

"I think". It's good to see you are at least trying to think for yourself.

However, keep an open mind...and Christianity teaches you to let everything go in one ear and out the other.

link   
reply to post by swan001

No worries, reply's etc get mixed up all the time

link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I know I have been rehashing these topics, but I'm trying to find closure here, as well as bring closure to the rest of you. There is more than one way to skin a cat, ...

I don't trust anybody who wants to skin a cat

What do you think is the source of spiritual experiences associated with Christianity and Christian symbols? Do you think it is a result of something using the symbols available in a person's mind and those are often religious? What is the something using these symbols and what is it trying to say? Is it our own subconscious (possibly with some added psi) or is it something outside us such as God or aliens or some universal consciousness?

link   

one at a time...just getting started

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

I know I have been rehashing these topics, but I'm trying to find closure here, as well as bring closure to the rest of you. There is more than one way to skin a cat, ...

What do you think is the source of spiritual experiences associated with Christianity and Christian symbols? Do you think it is a result of something using the symbols available in a person's mind and those are often religious? What is the something using these symbols and what is it trying to say? Is it our own subconscious (possibly with some added psi) or is it something outside us such as God or aliens or some universal consciousness?

Gas leaks have been found in several of the temples associated with holy visions.

Ever heard of huffing?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

ok, I will help you understand your fatal flaw that will never allow you closure on this.
You have pre-suppositions you refuse to address that force you to draw faulty conclusions using faulty logic.
I will do my best to keep it simple.
The law and prophecies precede both moses and Christ.
All cultures were taught and knew the law explaining cross-over in cultures as was prophecy concerning the annointed one.
It is said that the Mazzaroth is the first recorded prophecy for man, before wriring existed.
It is believed that Adam, Seth and Enoch devised Mazzaroth, of course inspired from Yah and what was taught to Adam after His fall.
It told of Yah's love for man and His plan for redemption through a God/man to come.
It's what the wise men from Persia understood as they read the stars and then set out on journy to see Him at the time of Messiah's birth.
All cultures knew of it.
It is why Nimrod claimed these prophecies of himself as he attempted to elevate himself to that of worship.
One of the first archetypes for a false messiah, or anti-christ.
There have been many in past and present that have sought this worship for themselves.
Now this is where you seem to hold dear to your pre-suppositions.
You want to believe the story begins in the center of the book, and not the beginning.
So you only seem to try and prove messiah or discount Him claiming He is a copy of the false messiah's before Him, which all pointed to prophecy as their evidence for their claim.
Yashayah is the fulfillment of all these prophecies where all the posers attempted to claim.
You are trying to prove the validity of a real 100 dollar bill by claiming the counterfeit bills came before as proof of it being fake because it was printed at a later date than what is on the counterfeit.
You seem to stop your search in the past at Nimrod and neglect the earlier prophecies that date back to Mazzaroth.
And no, it's not astrology.
Astrology is from the mystery schools that attempted to skew the truth for their own purpose to elevate their own god.
Start with Mazzaroth for the earliest claims.
It is why Nimrods bones were broken, to prove he was a poser for all to see.
Start at the beginning of the book to understand the ending instead of the dramatic middle where it looks muddled and obscure.
I am telling you the zeitgeist really messed up people from understanding this as it taught everyone how to start in the middle of the drama for proof of later posers as to misidentify the real story in play.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Cross

I am not sure where you are going on this one so forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree.

Crucifixion was a means of Roman punishment for enemies of the state and was considered one of the most disgraceful ways to die. This is history outside of scripture so I do not get where the problem is.

Unless you are referring to the Christians use of the pagan symbol of the crucifix to represent their devotion to the Christ. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly agree. The Romans were obviously pagans and the wearing of graven images is in direct conflict with the Commandments given to Moses by God. (which by the way will be covered in my next post)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Have you been reading Dan Brown lately?
You are looking for "closure"? Then close the case and claim "the Bible is a fake" and stop trying to bring up the heat between christians and atheists.
I agree with you as much as I disagree with you.
Yes, some hard evidences show the Bible is wrong.
But some hard evidences shows the Bible is right. The point is, believe what you want. We don't care about your opinion as long as you can't PROVE it. It's the same thing in physics: Physicists don't believe your theory as long as there are no PROOF of it being right. Einstein recieved his Nobel prize for the photoelectric effect, not his THEORY of relativity.
Peace.

The ONLY thing you can prove about the Bible is the existence of locations, and the physical outlay of the land as described in the Bible. Any events that took place are hard to prove, and anything that was said (or anyplace someone may have gone) is exceedingly difficult to "prove".

You take it on faith. I take it on science. Show me the science, please. This thesis has been constructed from logical deduction and historical records, the same stuff your priests have used to verify the Bible...and the same stuff I've used to debunk it. Keep arguing, but blind faith is a fool's game.

May as well blindfold myself and walk down a street full of landmines.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Gas leaks have been found in several of the temples associated with holy visions.

Ever heard of huffing?

Possibly swamp gas leaks?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

it's not skinning a cat... those Egyptians had cats, the President has a Dog always.

we are born of the light... most likely that giant star we call our sun. Who knows what happens to the spirit after death? possibly the spirit of the consciousness get sucked back into the gravity that it pulls and you are recycled, or transported to another place or something...

that's the grand mystery and still nothing to fear... be mortal.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The Cross

I am not sure where you are going on this one so forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree.

Crucifixion was a means of Roman punishment for enemies of the state and was considered one of the most disgraceful ways to die. This is history outside of scripture so I do not get where the problem is.

Unless you are referring to the Christians use of the pagan symbol of the crucifix to represent their devotion to the Christ. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly agree. The Romans were obviously pagans and the wearing of graven images is in direct conflict with the Commandments given to Moses by God. (which by the way will be covered in my next post)

I am not talking about the physical object. The axe was used to chop trees before some depraved moron took a swing at another guy's head. I am talking about the symbology...the non-literal meaning of the form.

Christians use it to express their awe and mourning at the "death" of Jesus. Thing is, his story of death and rebirth has been told dozens of times in dozens of lands, all under different names and circumstances. If the Romans were pagans, why would they use the cross unless the cross started out as pagan and ended as Christian...like I said.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Did you not read my post? I wholeheartedly agreed that a crucifix is a pagan symbol. However, this does not change the fact that Jesus was killed by crucifixion by the Roman state as well as many others were in the history of the Roman Empire.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

you have to go back to the Greek and before, like the Sumerians ect...

this stuff goes way back before the Romans.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

you have to go back to the Greek and before, like the Sumerians ect...

this stuff goes way back before the Romans.

My point exactly. Christianity happened to be powerful and convincing enough that it managed to wipe out a handful of faiths and religions, using the pieces of those demonized faiths to refine its own doctrine, before parading around as though they were entirely original and pure.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Did you not read my post? I wholeheartedly agreed that a crucifix is a pagan symbol. However, this does not change the fact that Jesus was killed by crucifixion by the Roman state as well as many others were in the history of the Roman Empire.

This also does not change the fact that Jesus was not the only one who died and rose three days later. In fact, if he was killed by a Pagan symbol, why aren't we saying it was a Pagan god who resurrected him?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join