It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew the future what would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hi.

I’m getting ready to go see a movie. Only a few days left on my vacation and I’m soooooo glad that I am going back to work next week! It’s nice to have some time off of work but three weeks is a little too much time.

So I was sitting here daydreaming and wanted to share a thought.

Here’s the scenario you can go back in time and tell yourself one thing about the future. It can be anything you want but only one thing.

The rules:
Your other self will believe you and act on the information.

It can only be one specific piece of information. For example the winning numbers for a lottery, don’t marry so and so, the events of a disaster like 9/11.

Simple rules.

So will you choose to be selfish and profit or will you attempt to prevent a disaster? Or will you do something else entirely?

Talk to you later.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

If I could go back in time I would go back to that fateful day on Jekyll Island, when the future destruction of America and the rest of the world was decided, and destroy everyone on it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would get one of these. And make sure it didnt fall into the hands of Biff.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit-
sorry. If I had my turn again I would pick one thing to tell myself to place a bet on that would bring a massive return.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

NOOOO!!!!! You cheated do you know what will happen to the space time continuum?!?

I said one specific event.

You lose your turn.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i would go back in time and instruct my past self how to build the time machine
my past self would remember way better stuff to change than me since he is further back than me

but LOL we all know its impossible to go backwards in time anyways
only forwards...
it can be achieved used high speed (SOL) or very heavy mass objects (black holes)
or both

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'd tell my younger self to buy initial stock in Apple and Microsoft, as much as he could afford with his measly paychecks from working at a grocery store....

How would you avert 911? Do you think the Feds would act on the word of some random person?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This is just fantasy, right?

Imprison Hitler before he was able to rise to power and implement his regime--thus, preventing the Holocaust.

PS = Enjoy your vacation! Some of us would love to be on one...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'd only go back a week or so and give myself the $640,000,000 lottery numbers.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I'd only go back a week or so and give myself the $640,000,000 lottery numbers.

I would take this one step further and go make sure the other winners didn't get the winning tickets.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Good thinking. Look up the other winners, tell them I'm from the future and give them the wrong numbers.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Imprison Hitler before he was able to rise to power and implement his regime--thus, preventing the Holocaust.

I love how people nonchalantly mention changing key issues in history.
The thing is, nobody ever considers the downside of such a change.

The constant drive for victory in WWII spurred scientists on all sides to push the envelop, and accelerated technological advances way faster than the normal curve would be. You may come back to your time to find planes are still propeller driven, no Internet, no cell phones, etc. because key tech innovations never took place in the vacuum of peacetime you created, for example.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I love how people nonchalantly mention changing key issues in history.
The thing is, nobody ever considers the downside of such a change.

The constant drive for victory in WWII spurred scientists on all sides to push the envelop, and accelerated technological advances way faster than the normal curve would be. You may come back to your time to find planes are still propeller driven, no Internet, no cell phones, etc. because key tech innovations never took place in the vacuum of peacetime you created, for example.

Well, this "person" has 2 things to say to "people", and 1 thing to say to you:

1) Saving the lives of millions is a downside? Unless, like some others, you believe the Holocaust is a hoax, or you are population control by slaughter advocate? and

2) While WWII may have created technological advances, who is to say we are better off now? Maybe I am an "old soul," but maybe advances were due to occur at a different timeline? Maybe there wouldn't be any of these crazy 2012 threads now; instead we would have a world without ATS, or who knows, you could have been the prime player in inventing it yourself? Maybe the world would be more "down to earth" in a more gradual stage of development? Maybe I wouldn't have cancer right now? Maybe you and your family would be spending more quality time at home together, and vice-versa... Who knows?

Finallly,
1) Based on your response above, I'm not as greedy as you, sir...

Peace, out-

edit on 11-4-2012 by BurningSpearess because: clarity/spacing

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Good thinking. Look up the other winners, tell them I'm from the future and give them the wrong numbers.

or just kill them. Your idea is probably better. OK, well maybe not kill them, but let the air out of their tires before they go to the store to buy the ticket. But then someone else would get it, wouldn't they?

new topics

top topics

join