I hate to say it, but PROOF that the moon landing was real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by Illustronic

A lazar can be bounced of the moon no reflector nessessary.
Quicker also. The reflector can move and screw up the readings. moot

Wrong, radar can be bounced off the moon for measuring distance but due to the spread of the radar and the lunar topography it is not nearly as accurate as laser reflection from the mirrors, and yes you need the mirrors for that. An older and even less accurate means of measuring distances is the parallax, or triangulation method but that is dubious as other measurements need to be known to get any figures, inaccuracies with this method can be at magnitudes of earth diameter inaccurate, radar as much as 300 meters inaccurate, laser within 3 centimeters accurate.

What do you mean the mirrors move? Tidal, lunar rotation, earth reflecting point rotation, plate tectonics? How much movement takes place in 2 and a half seconds? You think this isn't accounted for? There is nothing on the moon to move the mirrors in the nano second the light hits it, conclusion, moot.

About the quicker comment, an average radar distance method can take months to measure, laser less than 3 seconds. So you're wrong about that too.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Hi ILLLUSTRONICS

www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/apollo/apollo_11/experiments/lr... - Similarto Apollo 11 Laser Ranging

Apollo 11 Laser Ranging Retroreflector Experiment Retroreflector Experiment
These reflectors can be illuminated by laser beams aimed through large ... of the beam that it is about 7 kilometers in diameter when it reaches the Moon and 20 ...

Laser beams are used because they remain tightly focused for large distances. Nevertheless, there is enough dispersion of the beam that it is about 7 kilometers in diameter when it reaches the Moon and 20 kilometers in diameter when it returns to Earth. Because of this very weak signal, observations are made for several hours at a time.

If the beam is seven k in dia. that tiny mirror ain't doin much.
Several hours is pretty slow according to your calculations.
try again ljb

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Real, and we can go there. I'm just not going to pack a up a suit and wear it when I'm on the moon.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Hello all... yes, I went and did it. I used the word PROOF in a thread title. I am usually on board with those that speak ill of using the "P" word, but in this case I think that it is justified. I have always found the arguments supporting the moon landing as a hoax to be interesting and fascinating, especially the most recent one posted here on ATS regarding the space suit, found HERE

To my point... I was watching the science channel last night, as I often do, and the show I was watching was about the moon and what Earth would be like if there were no moon. The show explained the various theories as to how the moon came to be, and what effect the moon actually has on the Earth. The show went on to explain how the moon is ever so slowly moving away from the Earth, and how one day that will have a catastrophic effect on the Earth.

During their first moonwalk in July 1969, the Apollo 11 astronauts placed a retroreflector package, a complex mirror system, on the moon’s surface. A laser beam directed from Earth at the retroreflector would bounce off of it and back to Earth. The 240,000-mile round trip takes about 2.5 seconds.

These mirrors didn't get up there by themselves, and the fact that the University of Texas has been using them in their research further proves that the mirrors actually do exist on the moon. One way that UT uses them is to measure how fast and how far the moon is moving away from the Earth.

• the moon is spiraling away from Earth at a rate of 3.8 centimeters a year because of the Earth’s ocean tides.

• the moon probably has a liquid core.

• the universal force of gravity is very stable. Newton’s gravitational constant G has changed less than one part in 100-billion since the laser experiments began. Just because the Moon will no longer be a target, it doesn’t mean that the Laser Ranging Station is shutting down.

The UT research program has been ended, but since 1971 UT has been bouncing lasers off of the moon mirrors, and this is well documented.

Here is a link to a YouTube video in case my embedding skills are lacking

Apollo 11 and the Texas laser rangers

What Neil and Buzz left on the moon

My God what a stupid PROOF
Everything man made on the moon, was brought there by robotic missions to the moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Who or what brought the lunar rocks back?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Who or what brought the lunar rocks back?

The lunar rocks were found on Earth

en.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3-10-2012 by Ove38 because: Link fix

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join