It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul condemns close ties between FDA and Big Pharma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

This is easy. Allow his good ideas to come through, and stop the bad ones from manifesting.

But there comes a point, as uncomfortable as it is to say this, that we have to tend to our own burning house instead of putting out everyone else's fires. If our house burns down, we can't help other people with their fires.

We need to be in a stronger position to be ABLE to help others, so that we can CONTINUE to help others.

The question of ethics gets muddy here, and I'll let bigger thinkers than I tackle it. Do we help 3 people now that need it and cripple our ability to help others in the future permanently, or do we help 1 person now, so that we can help 10 tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas

This is easy. Allow his good ideas to come through, and stop the bad ones from manifesting.

But there comes a point, as uncomfortable as it is to say this, that we have to tend to our own burning house instead of putting out everyone else's fires. If our house burns down, we can't help other people with their fires.

We need to be in a stronger position to be ABLE to help others, so that we can CONTINUE to help others.

The question of ethics gets muddy here, and I'll let bigger thinkers than I tackle it. Do we help 3 people now that need it and cripple our ability to help others in the future permanently, or do we help 1 person now, so that we can help 10 tomorrow?

Sadly, his hardcore followers don't believe Paul has any bad ideas. It's kind of disturbing how much some individuals worship the man...as if he is some kind of God. Sure, he may be a good guy but I don't believe he has all the answers (Because he doesn't).

If he did somehow someway became President, I'd hope his radical and insane policies remained in his head and not come into play.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

people support the establishment candidates because they are very very uneducated on the issues. i often get upset over this, but i didn't start waking up to this horrible problems till about two years ago. some people wake up and some don't.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

what policies of his do you consider to be insane? honestly asking, not starting anything with you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by freakjive

people support the establishment candidates because they are very very uneducated on the issues. i often get upset over this, but i didn't start waking up to this horrible problems till about two years ago. some people wake up and some don't.

The American public no longer has any choice in the matter. Since your educated wake-up two years ago, what real, if any, change, have you enacted? I'm not slamming you here, but whether or not we're awake or sleeping, really means little today. The fallacy of the great republic of the United States is just that, a fallacy. We lost the ability to make real change decades ago. Welcome to the United Corporations of America!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For those who are arguing the side of keeping the FDA, I urge you to go take a look at the side effects list for any antiepileptic, antispasmodic, or neurological drug in general. You will find that the side effects list is usually longer than the list of symptoms for the conditions they are meant to treat.

I've taken neuro drugs before and I can safely say that you wont get just one of them, you'll get a good chunk of them. My doctor put me on an antispasmodic/antiepileptic drug called Levetiracetam (Keppra) and within a day I was nauseous to the point of throwing up, had horrible mood swings like that of a bi-polar person, was extremely irritable, had random 'tremors' throughout my body, couldn't sleep at night, and in general felt like a f'in zombie.

The worst part was if I wanted to stop taking the drug, I had to wean off of it. Which doesn't sound bad, but it was. All the side effects got even worse to the point that I couldn't do anything but lie on my bed and feel miserable.

Whats even more astonishing is the fact that it says on the label that they don't even know how the drug is supposed to work yet it got approved by the FDA.

(I also find it morbidly comical that another part of the side effects list for this anti-seizure medicine was that it says on the label: "May increase risk of seizures")

RON PAUL 2012!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ron paul is the modern day equivalent of a snake-oil salesman, so there's little doubt what his opinion would be of the FDA.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
Ron paul is the modern day equivalent of a snake-oil salesman, so there's little doubt what his opinion would be of the FDA.

Afraid of competition? What are you trying to sell us?

I'll take Dr. Paul's advice and retain the freedom to choose for myself.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

what policies of his do you consider to be insane? honestly asking, not starting anything with you.

Ending ALL foreign aid.
Some State rights/issues (gay rights, women's rights).
Remarks on AIDS and research.
He thinks charities and volunteers make up the best concept for America's health care.
Argued for a return to the gold standard (I think that's a ridiculous idea but I'm not an economist).
Eliminating federal departments.
Cutting the EPA and FDA.
Cutting funding for Planned Parenthood.
He used to believe in the abolishment of public schools.
And the list goes on.

I understand his appeal but yet again, this country isn't the brightest....

To each their own though, Paul supporters. More power to you for supporting a candidate who refuses to drop out of the race.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

When hucksters and swindlers like Dr. Ron Paul are allowed to prosper, it makes it harder for politicians to be serious or honest. Ron Paul's ideas are like the proverbial cure-all "free-market will fix it!". If only it were so!

Unfortunately, as long as there is a sucker born every minute, Dr. Paul and his ilk will continue to peddle their simple answers to unsophisticated people, preying on their fear, ignorance, and bigotry.

In a free society, all I can do is use my right to speak freely to condemn such nonsense when I can.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Trolls are out in force. I'm not American and I couldn't care about the farce you call elections but I see the blatant hilarity of the attempts to derail this thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Dr. Paul and his ilk will continue to peddle their simple answers to unsophisticated people...

Good point. Personal liberty, freedom to choose, and ownership of one's own body are not difficult concepts nor does acting within those capacities require a great deal of sophistication. However, I am not sold on the idea that collusion between government agencies and private enterprises requires a great deal of complexity to recognize either. That you fail to acknowledge that does not alter that observation nor does it surprise me in the least.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Right, Government corruption is so easy to spot that Ron Paul need only wave his hands and make some vague empty statements, and he will attract a legion of vapid followers. I know the routine. Paul doesn't even bother to make a serious argument in this video.

Back in reality, free markets will give us patent medicines laced with heroine and coc aine, and the occasional poison. Have you ever heard of Thalidomide? It's the reason the FDA now requires that medicines be tested, both for safety and effectiveness, before they are sold to the public. It doesn't take a genius to know what a free market in medicine looks like- we had one for a long time. One need only look back to see what we'll get, if Ron Paul and other charlatans get their way. What we got was quack doctors, phony pills, and a thousand combinations of alcohol, opium, and coc aine.

In effect, what Ron Paul wants is to legalize medical fraud.

edit on 4/12/2012 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Star for you, well said.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Euww, I know many 'hardcore' supporters, and to say that they are being blindly led is just not true at all. How can any 2 individuals ever agree on everything? No, this is more about principals of the Constitution, freedoms, privacy over piracy, silver and gold backing our monetary system rather than fake pumped up fiat, bringing our troops home to defend our borders and make our National defense strong rather than weakened by nation building where we have no business doing so and at the cost of far too many young lives both ours and foreign, to name but a few reasons of the insanity of continuity of the downward spiral we and our allies are headed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Government corruption is so easy to spot... Paul doesn't even bother to make a serious argument in this video.

Paul needn't make that argument, simply acknowledge and resolve to fix it. The reasoning goes back to the first part of your statement.

It doesn't take a genius to know what a free market in medicine looks like- we had one for a long time. What we got was quack doctors, phony pills, and a thousand combinations of alcohol, opium, and coc aine.

In effect, what Ron Paul wants is to legalize medical fraud.

We have not had a free market in medicine for a long time now. Our modern quackery is based on a phony pill for every medical complaint. That miracle pill of the month is generally some mangled synthesization and combination of those substances you mention plus a few others with some chemical string modified enough to grant a new patent and milk the consumer's pocket book with emphasis on long-term treatment. Testing still allows dangerous substances to reach the market, some actually put there intentionally, and often prevents potential cures from ever reaching the market. Reasonable cost treatments are discouraged by this collusion of FDA and Pharma.

American medical practices are largely legalized fraud.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
the pharma pusherman.
watch 'American Weed' - the customers tell the real story.
and checkout:
www.seedsofdeception.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Euww, I know many 'hardcore' supporters, and to say that they are being blindly led is just not true at all. How can any 2 individuals ever agree on everything? No, this is more about principals of the Constitution, freedoms, privacy over piracy, silver and gold backing our monetary system rather than fake pumped up fiat, bringing our troops home to defend our borders and make our National defense strong rather than weakened by nation building where we have no business doing so and at the cost of far too many young lives both ours and foreign, to name but a few reasons of the insanity of continuity of the downward spiral we and our allies are headed.

Paul has solid ideas about civil liberties and privacy when he speaks about abolishing the Patriot Act but denying a woman from a right or denying a couple from marrying is not exactly liberating.

Gold would just be a currency. It's nothing special just like the dollar. Hell, why not pull a Fallout 3 and have bottle caps? Might work eh?

I agree about bringing our troops home but that's just the wacky liberal in me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Ending ALL foreign aid.
Some State rights/issues (gay rights, women's rights).
Remarks on AIDS and research.
He thinks charities and volunteers make up the best concept for America's health care.
Argued for a return to the gold standard (I think that's a ridiculous idea but I'm not an economist).
Eliminating federal departments.
Cutting the EPA and FDA.
Cutting funding for Planned Parenthood.
He used to believe in the abolishment of public schools.
And the list goes on.

I understand his appeal but yet again, this country isn't the brightest....

To each their own though, Paul supporters. More power to you for supporting a candidate who refuses to drop out of the race.

well as he would say, it's a difference in philisophy. my view point is that government programs don't work well at all, and even if they did, they put us in debt which would eventually bankrupt, then in turn they could not work. of course, to have all of these programs that means higher taxes for everybody. on him having used to believe in the abolishment of public schools, i don't know much about that. i do know with the government running school systems we base everything off of tests which other leading countries in education find humerous. as far as the gold standard, it seems to be a much better option than endless printing of paper money. hasn't the dollar lost close to 98% of it's value since 1913? that could be way off i'm not sure, but i know it's lost a lot. i know we will have to agree to disagree, we just have totally different view points. as far as the marriage issue i think he has said he would like to leave it up to churches and leave the government out of it.
edit on 13-4-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: forgot the gay rights issue

edit on 13-4-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: gay rights

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

this is a very harsh thing to say, with nothing to back it up. you should study the history of other great empires and see how they fell. you might find some similarities to our country.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join