It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul condemns close ties between FDA and Big Pharma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ron Paul again makes a very public statement about how we all feel. I just don't understand how people can continue to support the establishment candidates when they're not trying to do anything to save this country from the stranglehold that these huge corporations have on us by being in bed with our alphabet agencies.

GOP Presidential candidate Ron Paul rebuked the relationship between the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the pharmaceutical industry during a press conference, stating that "the FDA and the drug companies are in bed together."

In the video of this event, Paul also points a finger at health insurance firms, explaining that "whether it's Democrats or Republicans reforming the medical care system, these corporations run the show."

And for those of you that are worried about disposing of the FDA can you really argue with this?

Known in his home state of Texas as a congressman who speaks his mind, Paul didn't hesitate when asked whether eliminating the FDA would be a reasonable solution. "I think so," he replied, "because they've done more harm than good."

Article Source

edit on 4/11/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I second the sentiment. The FDA and the AMA are so overrun with scum it's not even funny anymore. They have the game set up, so that in order to get research/clinical testing etc, you either need to raise a few billion, or climb into bed with them. Sickening really.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So sickening to know the only worthy candidate for potus is continually ignored by the media. The only man brave enough to stand against big corporations and big government. The only one who repeatedly fights for everyone's rights. Why is this man not the front runner? I'll tell you why. See above text. ^^^

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If the USA don't vote for him then I want him to run my country!
This guy has guts to put it in simplest terms and it is too bad that the media are hiding his "existence" in the run for presidency.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"The People" for the most part, do not want him running our country.
We as Americans, deserve what we are getting and are going to get.

We have proven ourselves unready to handle our freedom and liberty.
It sucks that those of us who ARE ready, have to be drug around by those who aren't but hey,
that's the way democracy works.

This is the most bizarre thing I have ever witnessed.
I can't wrap my head around how people can actually embrace their own slavery and turn a blind eye to all that is going on in this country but,.......They can and they ARE!
I can't wrap my head around the fact that on a website where denying ignorance is the motto there is still no shortage of people who defend the system at ALL COSTS and will stop at NOTHING to make sure you know that it is WORSE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

As long as it is worse somewhere else these people are able to keep their heads firmly planted in the ground.
I don't get it.
I never will
It is so foriegn to my way of thinking and being that I can't even begin to understand it.

We are all at different levels of understanding and willingness to alter our worldviews on a moments notice based on new incoming information. Some people are just NOT comfortable living in a world where there is rampant corruption and most of our congress,senate,judicial,and President himself are bought and paid for. THis is rather unsettling for anyone but for some, it is downright unbearable. These are the people I see everyday. These are the people who surround us. These are the people in the threads who just don't get it.

And, until they are willing to see the demons that are facing them there is little hope of actually dealing with them.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
While I don't agree with the good Dr. on all points he said in the past, he is spot on about FDA and Big Pharma. Just a bunch of cronies making sure each other prospers while we pay with our $, our misery, and in many cases our lives.

As to America, we're so indoctrinated by the time we're out of high school that the despots of history would be ENVIOUS of the state of America. As a nation we are over medicated, over stimulated, mass marketed idiots that swallow the Grand Illusions and ask for more, truly believing that just a little more all will be better than perfection.

Derek

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If the doesn't get in, we're all FKD, simple as that.
Of course, so many of us are anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It is insanity to even consider voting for romney at this point, these types of news worthy stories must go viral, click on the video, send it to your social network, send it by email link directly to this thread, whatever, but people deserve to hear what the man has to say and what he stands for, the media has done the worst they can and he is still pulling in the biggest crowds any nominee has ever seen. The support is coming from educated, well informed individuals who hear what he has to say, have done their homework to validate his record, and are going with their instinct, intelligence and gut to continue to support him.

This is big news imo. I am already one of his delegates so you8 know I am doing everything i can to get him into the white house and reboot everything the fascists before him have done in their irresponsible and criminal acts against the American people and our ability to move freely in trade and peace, prosperity and health.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That crazy old intelligent ron paul... he cant win the election, can u imagine seeing such a smart guy president of a nation of complete morons

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The video is no longer available, very interesting that there are multiple copyright infringement claims for that vid! They will do anything to suppress this kind of info!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

"Ron Paul - "The FDA And The..."
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
Fox News Network, LLC
Fox News Network, LLC
Fox News Network, LLC
Sorry about that.

Perfect timing Fox, now I can't see what more he has to expose of corruption within the establishment
edit on 11-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am so tired of the useless eaters that support the MSM and listen to professional liars while they proclaim their own brilliance and attack Ron Paul's character trying to make him look like a nutjob.

I am fed up with trying to convince obvious retards that their simplistic view of the world is skewed by the people they respect the most. They are oblivious to fact! The problem is that there are so many of them. Most of my family, no, all of my family are the blind followers of religion and religious sounding politicians. All they have to say is Christian and abortion and they have their support because we all know abortion and gay rights refusal are the biggest problems in the world. These people have no problem killing innocent women and babies in arab countries because they feel those people are not really human anyway.

So when a true patriot stands up and demands change that will effectively remove most of the federal government, (And rightly so), these people are all up in arms. Why? Because they were told they should be. They will ignore what they don't like and act like it never happened. They will deny any wrongdoing or failure and never admit they were wrong or apologize for their actions and scream at the top of their lungs how proud they are to be patriots. Most of them have never served in the military, but have huge flags in their yard.

They claim their candidate is the right one because they are against abortion (This week) yet they ignore their own republican candidate who really is against abortion and has witnessed them himself. Ask one of the religious zealots who they are voting for and almost every one will say the republican candidate that won the nomination. I have not heard any of them say they support Ron Paul. It is insane that they proclaim their intelligence and ignore the only candidate that really represents what they SAY they stand for.

Denial is easy for these people because that is how they have lived their whole life. They remind me of the child who covers his eyes and thinks he has disappeared. They live in a fake reality. They resist any information that would call their own beliefs into question. They ignore reality and substitute their own fabricated ideology.

So what can be done for people like that? I say let them fight their own wars! If they feel so strongly about killing innocent children let them see with their own eyes the devastation they have caused. Let them serve ion the military if they support a war and let those who do not stay home if they like. Why should people be forced to fight a war they KNOW is unjust? Why should they pay for it?

I have lost all sympathy for these people. If one of them falls through the ice they better not ask ME for help.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul deserves to win the presidency for his honesty alone. Not to mention his character is greater than all other candidates combined. What he says about the FDA is true, as most of us know. They even make their relationship obvious at times by approving or not approving something based on anything but evidence and reason.

I would have to agree that the majority of people in the US just don't care. Most people just want to go to work, buy stuff, vacation once a year, go out to eat, etc...And until the government interferes with their ability to do this they will continue to be unenlightened, for the most part. There is another way, but most people are closed to it based on preconceived notions and ideas.

Although I would not mind seeing Communism implemented in the US, as long as it was done correctly, I would RATHER see a more regulated capitalism at this point, because we KNOW THAT IT WILL WORK. Communism works in principle, and could work in practice, but there are still unanswered questions. The reason there are such large class differences right now is because large corporations and government entities, even politicians, are not regulated, or held accountable for what they do.

I think anyone who runs for office should also be held accountable for campaign promises. Or rather accountable for what they LEAD people to believe about the beliefs they personally hold. Most will flip-flop based on necessity, and do nothing on principle. This is another reason why Ron Paul is the only choice for president at this point.

It is going to hit America like a ton of bricks, at least I hope, when Ron Paul is finally spotlighted in the media because he has won the presidency...They will look foolish then, no doubt about it, lol. People will think that he cheated, because they don't even know who he is, much less that he has such a large following. He was actually in my city last night here in Tx. End the FED, and the FDA...And the military and healthcare industrial complexes. If Paul is cheated, methinks that America will be ripe for revolution. We will see how it plays out.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is insanity to even consider voting for romney at this point, these types of news worthy stories must go viral, click on the video, send it to your social network, send it by email link directly to this thread, whatever, but people deserve to hear what the man has to say and what he stands for, the media has done the worst they can and he is still pulling in the biggest crowds any nominee has ever seen. The support is coming from educated, well informed individuals who hear what he has to say, have done their homework to validate his record, and are going with their instinct, intelligence and gut to continue to support him.

This is big news imo. I am already one of his delegates so you8 know I am doing everything i can to get him into the white house and reboot everything the fascists before him have done in their irresponsible and criminal acts against the American people and our ability to move freely in trade and peace, prosperity and health.

Intelligent people see through the MSM propaganda machine. Intelligent people will vote for RP. The rest will do what they always do. If there was ever a time for Ron Paul it is now. He has some real support even though he has been denied equal time or even ANY time by most of the MSM. They try to diminish his impact any way they can because they know their own livelihood is at stake. Once a real patriot is in charge all of the media news will have to answer to their bs stories fabricated for the CIA or for their own purposes. They will no longer be allowed to use the word "News" only entertainment. Fox used the entertainment angle in court to support their fabrication of stories when they were busted and recently even AC got busted making up stories for the boss.

We need integrity! We need accountability! We need action! We need Ron Paul.

Let the pretenders have their crystal cathedral. I will be the first to cast a stone when they are all inside.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
BLOCKED BY FOXNEWS

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
Fox News Network, LLC
Fox News Network, LLC
Fox News Network, LLC
Sorry about that.

Perfect timing Fox, now I can't see what more he has to expose of corruption within the establishment

What? There are like millions of youtube videos of entire FOX News Segments that never get taken down...

Why would this one particular vid get hit so heavily?

Looks like someone just got exposed for being dirty.

Let's make the new headline
"FOX News, Youtube, the FDA, and Big Pharma..."
Because the very act of making a rare out of place copyright claim reveals their complicity in this ordeal, both Youtube management and FoxNews.

They are so busted.

edit on 11-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

This is almost a conspiracy in and of itself, I can't find the video anywhere! Has anyone seen another version online?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They can try to block it.
FOX NEWS.

Second Link
www.youtube.com...
But the people will always get what they want.

My take.

Its Obvious this is the man we need to reform healthcare. Hes a Doctor for crying out loud, and people want to act like that doesnt give him any other special knowledge on the subject; when in fact its only his knowledge and other doctors like him that can change anything to any effective degree.
Not a bunch of beurocrats who make a 5000000000 page bills, not knowing the chaos that they are unleashing just to buy/steal political votes/favors.

And hes the crazy one......right.

Hes the only sane man I see.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Common Good because: -To add opinion.

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by seenavv

Fox News Network, LLC
Fox News Network, LLC
Fox News Network, LLC
Sorry about that.

What? There are like millions of youtube videos of entire FOX News Segments that never get taken down...

Why would this one particular vid get hit so heavily?

Looks like someone just got exposed for being dirty.

Let's make the new headline
"FOX News, Youtube, the FDA, and Big Pharma..."
Because the very act of making a rare out of place copyright claim reveals their complicity in this ordeal, both Youtube management and FoxNews.

They are so busted.

edit on 11-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Thank you muzzle for showing us the canary in the coal mine.

To me, this is irrefutable proof of a conspiracy to squash any dissent against the machine and it is absolutely sickening.

~Namaste

link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
BLOCKED BY FOXNEWS

Nah it's a fluke.

I got you 31,000 vids on Youtube of Bill Oreilly

Here is a dose of 6,000 Cavuto vids

A spoonful of 22,000 Hannity vids

And there is almost certainly more with different context and keywords that aren't showing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join