It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter reveals UK policymakers have concerns over Heathrow airport's ability to deal with Olympic c

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would think Heathrow would be a top target for terrorists. That is the last place you'd want a bunch of tourists stuck.

www.parliament.uk...

The UKBA representative suggested that there was insufficient funding to ensure all passpost stations would be open.

Uh oh. Don't you think there may be a few tourists?

The second impact may be that planes cannot unload their passengers into the terminal due to capacity being exceeded.

Yeah that's going to be a huge freaking mess!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why, the border agency will just revert to type and let in everyone who is a bit suspicious loooking, but will hold returning holidymakers up just for fun

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
it already is a mess.

Heathrow (and most of London) will be even worse on the run up to and during the Olympics.

Lostics are a nightmare to deal with at the best of times but once extra passengers arrive for the Olympics it's going to get a whole load worse.

Now where is that third runway or even the London Estuary airport ?

Oh just to note, The Heathrow east rebuilding work is still ongoing as well and doesn't look like it will be complete in time.
Good planning there.... NOT
edit on 11/4/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is obviously a very pathetic push for that extra run way that nobody wants , and nobody can afford.

As for " terrorists " The Olympic games this year are that much of a risk , if anyone goes and gets killed , well , its their own stupid fault , they`ve been warned many many times.

The stadium its self will be "the target" and naturally it will be Al Qaeda
which is just a short way of saying -- America with a mask on -

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
maybe Al Qaeda could participate in some events.

like the 100 meter hand grenade run or the cobalt bomb shot put

but don't worry, we will have events like this

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
maybe Al Qaeda could participate in some events.

like the 100 meter hand grenade run or the cobalt bomb shot put

but don't worry, we will have events like this

'10'

Hey that looked a little like Phoenix.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

Sorry, where do you get 'the extra runway no one wants' from, Heathrow is almost at capacity at the best of times, the arguments against are pathetic, like noise, ahh diddums did you think that after you bought your house under the Heathrow flightpath that they would stop the flights or close down the airport, absolutely ridiculous. Anyone under the flightpath has no excuse, the airport was there before you bought , dont like it tuff s**t. This year will be a brilliant piece of 'look how well we f**k things up'. Between the unions and government if the olympics goes off smoothly i'll be bloody suprised

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000

Sorry, where do you get 'the extra runway no one wants' from, Heathrow is almost at capacity at the best of times, the arguments against are pathetic, like noise, ahh diddums did you think that after you bought your house under the Heathrow flightpath that they would stop the flights or close down the airport, absolutely ridiculous. Anyone under the flightpath has no excuse, the airport was there before you bought , dont like it tuff s**t. This year will be a brilliant piece of 'look how well we f**k things up'. Between the unions and government if the olympics goes off smoothly i'll be bloody suprised

Listen mate , it`s a waste of money , and a waste of time ...... thousands and thousands of people pour through heathrow each day , another runway means more planes , more bags , more money for the venemous thatcherite scum to hide away for the sake of their party , it`s not wanted , its not needed , its not welcome.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So we continue to lose money to France and Germany and Holland etc as their airport capacity is greater than ours, we are already losing out on trade to BRICS, due to not enough direct flights. Yes you're right thousands do flood through Heathrow everyday, but more could, bringing in more money to the UK economy, I'm sorry but people who think we dont need either a new airport or another runway are seriously mis-guided.

The only people who dont want either are those about to die,(within the next few years, they've already had their time), Greens, who seem to think that the world only exists in what you can walk, bike ,run to etc, or to outprice the average person(sounds like elitist to me). Or as i stated in my previous post, people who live under the flightpaths, ffs they bought a house knowing full well it was under a flightpath, it's not like they've only just opened Heathrow. Anyway, the area they are on about using is a s**thole anyway and a couple of kilometres of tarmac would be an improvement

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Read your last post ....... its ignorant , you`re being a prat.

Look , if people are coming to England why would they land in France ? how stupid is that ?

You honestly think that an extra runway will sort out our economy with those tory scum bags running the show ? the money they`ve took from kids and grannies , the working class .... drivers, the way they treat the NHS , the unemployed ......... you are having a laugh mate , a few measly grand a day wont sort this mess out , we need the queen to dissolve this pathetic excuse for a government.

Heathrow is too busy as it is , the last thing we need is more cheap watches and bangles if you know what i`m saying.

new topics

top topics

join