It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Australia on The Road to Dictatorship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Section 64 of the Australian Constitution Act states that Ministers of the Crown must be members of parliament but in recent times the Australian Prime Minister has appointed as Foreign Minister a person from outside parliament, a person who has not been elected to either the House of Representatives or the Senate. This has been done using a backdoor method by which governments fill causal vacancies that arise such as when a politician dies.

This appointment has been made by the government pressuring an elected representative to resign from the parliament on the pretext of ill health thereby creating a vacancy, This enables the government to appoint anyone they want to fill that vacancy and appoint them as ministers on the crown if they wish which is what they have done.

The underlying issue here is, is this going to become the new norm and commonplace method of throwing out members of parliament elected by the electorate and appointing unelected members of parliament to do the bidding of the inner circle?

Has the thin edge of wedge began to be driven into the flood gates?

Is this the NWO being integrated into the composition and workings of the Australian Government ?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Good point. Bob Carr is a loser. Brogden would have destroyed him in the 03 State elections if he hadnt gotten drunk and hit on a female journo and made remarks about the fact that Carr is a gay man. Bob Carr was only put in because he has somewhat of a positive public image and there was nobody Gillard could really go with that had any punch.

Im more worried about Labor thinking they can just switch leaders on us everytime the polls need a boost. Its insane.If we ellect someone we should have the right to hold them accountable for their failures and lies and remove them When a party is allowed to remove a leader in between election's it allows them to pretty much do whatever they want because they have a get out of jail free card.

We need to smash the duopoly. Bob Katter is getting my vote. I know he isnt perfect but he has some great idea's. He is also for Australia. The duopoly regime is for themselves.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I agree with your post.

But....sometimes I feel that a dictatorship could be a good thing, or perhaps a ruling monarchy. All too often I see governments that get elected and make radical changes and rule with zero vision for the future because they know they will not be around to cop the consequences. I can see how under a dictatorship that is led by a dictator that cares for their people, the majority and not the minorities, they can rule and do good things.

I have no examples or evidence to back up my opinion other than the current ruling government of Australia who show no common sense in their decision making and continue to push the agendas of the NWO onto an unwilling electorate.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have nothing against the gov' in power, employing the best person for the job.

Bob Carr however is another thing altogether. He destroyed NSW and left it in shambles.

I find it amazing that the scumbag could be considered for the job.

It boggles the mind.

Bob Carr should be in a gaol cell for what he did to NSW.

Another move by the ALP that will bite them in the ar$e eventually.

Way to go Ju-liar!

I can't stand Abbott, but I will be voting for him in the next fed election.

Its a pity that Costello went out like he did....he would have been handed a majority victory if he had the reins........Abbott is going to have to work for it......Costello could have won the election with nothing more than his reputation as treasurer and a smile.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes Australia is under Dictatorship.I even wrote a letter for Obama and Nato to come and bomb our hospitals and schools to free us in the name of democracy.However to reply to your post,yes we are now following the Obama csar model.!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by learnatic

We need to smash the duopoly. Bob Katter is getting my vote. I know he isnt perfect but he has some great idea's. He is also for Australia. The duopoly regime is for themselves.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

I agree that we need to get rid of the duopoly but is the purpose of the duopoly to box us into a choice between A and B both of whom are owned by the same people. The greens leader is either very naieve or he is NWO as he seems to back anything that smells like that. He recently backed the call for a universal currency.

For these reasons I vote for the no name candidiates because while they can be loose cannons they are also not owned by those who own the to major factions. They also represent the best opportunity there is of demanding and getting real electoral reform, such as requiring a by-election to fill casusal vancancies, however caused, and banning the goverment from appointing a replacement.

There is now nothing from stopping a goverment from forcing a vacancy and then filling it with a banker or the chairman of BHP or BP for example. As future goverments go down this new path and create the new 'tradition' or 'custom' we may see this practice in the Carr case becoming common place and we the people will be further remmoved from owning the goverment.

We have already been marginalised to being mere spectators to government decision making and not active partticipants. Are we also going to be marginalised as the electors as votors choices are replaced NWO appointments to the goverment ranks using this back door method?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Of course, all opinions stated are my personal opinions and should be taken as such, unless cited by the media or the scientific community.

Originally posted by learnatic

Oh dear lord, ill break this down:

I agree that we need to get rid of the duopoly but is the purpose of the duopoly to box us into a choice between A and B both of whom are owned by the same people. The greens leader is either very naieve or he is NWO as he seems to back anything that smells like that. He recently backed the call for a universal currency.
- The greens are short sighted.

1. The green movement is directly responsible (according to This Age Article for the greatest catastrophies the Victorian people have had to face. He is a Green, thus is also responsible.

2. IF the greens got into power, AU would have an open border policy (meaning we would take in excessive asylum seekers and anyone else who wanted in) meaning this country would basically goto hell in a hand basket.

3. Almost anything spewed from this "political party" is more just fluff. Doesnt do much but most of the time if you are bored its interesting.

Naieve - No, short sighted, yes.

[Quote]
For these reasons I vote for the no name candidiates because while they can be loose cannons they are also not owned by those who own the to major factions. They also represent the best opportunity there is of demanding and getting real electoral reform, such as requiring a by-election to fill casusal vancancies, however caused, and banning the goverment from appointing a replacement.
[/Quote] - Incorrect, Indipendants can and have been "bought", look at Oakshot etc, they have all been "bought" by promises by labor, why? Because the libs refused to bow to them.

[Quote]
There is now nothing from stopping a goverment from forcing a vacancy and then filling it with a banker or the chairman of BHP or BP for example. As future goverments go down this new path and create the new 'tradition' or 'custom' we may see this practice in the Carr case becoming common place and we the people will be further remmoved from owning the goverment.
[/Quote]

- Misconception, now i do know that Carr was a loon, and should have never been voted in. But alas he is a member of the Labor movement (IE labor party), and its under the entitlements if a sound candidate was not found they can use former elected officials (i believe, so dont quote me obviously)

We have already been marginalised to being mere spectators to government decision making and not active partticipants. Are we also going to be marginalised as the electors as votors choices are replaced NWO appointments to the goverment ranks using this back door method?

How i can see this perception, however this is "not possible" with the current constitution, they can possibly buy their way into the political arena, and buy the current government, however they would need to hold an elected position before being able to enter into the active federal government.

With all of this in mind, right at this stage of the game pretty much anyone who isnt Julia Gillard could oust her from the top job. Pretty much a blade of grass gets more support from the Australian people. With this "Carbon Tax" (Read - it's a sneaky income tax) will result in more people getting "the shaft", its being spun as a carrot on a stick, but the policy reads more like, a stick, with the promise of three to four more sticks, and the carrot is made of plastic.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Spruk because: whoops left a quote tag open

edit on 4-7-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

Edit -

Whoops missed the topic as a whole. IMHO, at this stage we have 2 options (as AU politics run on a 2 party preferred system for a LONG time):

Tony Abbott - How some of the time i like him, others he comes across as a mind stuck in the 50s, where women where seen but not heard, and if they are seen it was in the house cleaning, cooking and making babies. He is pro-life (proven by his opposition to RU-426 (AKA. Plan B in the US).

Julia Gillard - Who has a spine made of rubber, and is buckling to pretty much anyone who will give her party policy votes. Keep in mind this is the same party that wanted to censor the internet using a national filter (using the OFL standards) which would result in a vast majority of sites being blocked (Like this one) because they cannot be classified under the current legislation and OFL policies (this also includes MMO games, forums and alike).

So could it get worse? Yes
Could it get better? Yes
edit on 4-7-2012 by Spruk because: Edit left out the topic focus

edit on 5-7-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Thanks for your insightful obervations. Seems we share similar concerns. Unfortunately I can only see things following the trends oversees. Just hope we don't go down the road the U.S but I fear we will. In my opinion, they are sliding into tyranny at an ever increasing rate. Its always been my view that what happens in the U.S happens in Australia a few years later.

top topics

join