It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Top Astronauts, Scientists Sign Letter Slamming NASA For Promoting Man-Made Climate Change Dogma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

Thanks for posting that.

I wrote a pretty detailed thread on the subject here that breaks out the issue.

What you posted definitely blows a hole in the warming debate, but NASA has still stood by the claim that humans are the cause of the warming, and I've shown evidence from the Vostok ice cores that this is not the case.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

So changes in the sun have nothing to do with it? Changes in interstellar gas don't contribute? Weakening magnetosphere? Changes in the troposphere? Volcanoes?

Doesn't anyone else find it funny that as soon as the man-made global warming push came to a crawl, that so did the Carbon Tax initiatives? Oh, right... there's no connection there... move along....

I agree that the science is not settled, and that there are many things that affect the climate. The global warming debate was really about creating a carbon tax market for Wall Street, How would giving Wall Street money help the climate? It wouldn't. I never understood why anyone would think that we could change the weather.

Many people seem to take an all or nothing approach in this debate, when we really should be looking at all the data, and possible causes, instead of joining one side or the other.

I saw your thread last night and was going to read it today.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

if cyanobacteria killed almost every living thing on Earth due to them releasing increasing oxygen in the atmosphere , triggering a massive ice age during the Paleoproterozoic era, (an event known as the oxygen catastrophe)... then why is is so hard to imagine that Human's could cause climate change ?

Because oxygen and CO2 have different mass, and different thermal capability when it comes to retaining heat.

It is impossible for humans to warm the planet with CO2.

Please read ‘A null hypothesis for CO2’ by Roy Clark, 'A Greenhouse Effect on the Moon?' by Alan Siddons et al., or 'SLAYING THE SKY DRAGON: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory'. The first two are papers, the latter is a book. They will explain everything to you in regards to how AGW is a farce and that there are other, overlooked natural effects that are not being accounted for or explained.

The greenhouse gas effect has been disproven and scientists have moved beyond it. It is no longer needed to try and prove something after it's been disproven.

~Namaste

<< 2  3  4   >>

join