It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO in Principles of Marketing Class?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Okay, I am a 3rd year college student. I am triple majoring in Psychology, Business Management, and Business Marketing (with a possibility of picking up either a minor/major in Criminal Justice as well). So I have seen my fair share of attempts at brainwashing in the classroom, because that's what institutionalized education really is. Like the psychological view that everything is determinism and that there is no free will. However, if I didn�t have free will, then how could I raise my hand in support of free will? Oh yeah, that�s cornered in by the belief that it�s determinism under the clause that I am in rebellion to the ideas of others. What a load of crock, I have free will because I�m typing this out. Anyways, on with my story about the test:

I was taking my Principles of Marketing exam and question #61 (out of 63) was something about the goal of the European Union and the Euro. I promise y�all that choice �D� read something about �To put a New World Order in place." So I brought my test up to the teacher and asked her if she wanted the answer that was in the book, or my personal thoughts. She said that I should mark what the book stated, but that I wasn�t the first student to ask her the exact same question.

This test was sent to the class from the company that made the book; the teacher did not make the test up herself. So I guess that I should ask you the following question. Why was that choice even put on the exam? Comments and opinions welcome, please let me know if any of y�all have had a similar occurrence in class...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Possibly what they mean by "NWO" is world order after the collapse of Soviet Union.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Things seem to have changed since my days studying business and economics, I wasn't that lucky to have to study only one textbook, much less have the exam written by the author(s) or publisher.

It would seem to me that a passing mark would be based on what you have been taught and not what you may be inclined to think or believe. So in deference to what I take from you as a hint that the underlying point behind choosing that particular answer is to gauge the opinions of the men and women in the next cycle, I am inclined to believe that to that end, an essay format would have been requested over multiple choice.

[edit on 9/25/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The answer that would be counted as correct was a direct quotation from the book, hence it was a very easy question. However, the question at hand is to why the author even listed NWO as a multiple choice answer. Of the numerous possiblities, the listing of "New World Order" was listed. Perhaps it could be a horribly weak attempt to show that answering in such way would be counted as wrong by the ScanTron.

I'll come back to this later, but right now I have a date...yeah, that's definately more important yo...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
multiple choice in UNIVERSITY????

not dissing you personally!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't attend a "university". I go to a "college". So there is a name next to the $$$$$ instead of just a number...that way they can track you down easier...

top topics

join