It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust In You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Trust In You

It might seem unlikely, but these three words could change your mindset for the better. We live in a large cold world and while there are many examples of goodness and beauty, there are also many examples of evil and ugliness. It's hard not to get caught up in the negatives and feel like you are surrounded by darkness. Where do you turn when the world has turned its back on you? Who can you trust when nobody else is left? How do you cope with feelings of wanting it all to end? The answer is these three words.

This is not about self-esteem or confidence. Some of us out there lack the ability to feel good about ourselves or praise ourselves when we achieve things. It's not about using a phrase to magically overcome our hardships or make our problems disappear. It is more a realist mindset and healthy way to function. The world is a harsh place and very few people will have the luxury of being carried by others. Most of us simply cannot depend on others to help us in times of need and must rely on ourselves.

Next time you feel down, alone and overwhelmed, think of these three words. Let them penetrate your worries. Allow them to echo throughout your body. Say them out loud when looking into the mirror if that helps. But most importantly, FEEL them reverberate throughout your entire being. No matter how dire the circumstances, remember to always Trust In You.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Thank you! That is an amazing gift to give to people you don't know. I am very grateful to have this to think about today. This does work; I've had this same idea help me in a time of real alienation from others. I gathered all of my personal strength and trusted myself to take care of ME even when no one else would. Choosing to let go of people who are neglectful or abusive of my friendship, and other toxic people was a big step towards self trust. I realized the decisions I needed to make, and after I made them my life improved immensely. Thank you for sharing this with other people. In our darkest hours, it's good to know that there would be someone out there who cares for a stranger.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
All is one. Trusting in yourself is to trust in others.

When I feel down and out, I realize that I'm not giving others the proper form of respect necessary to bring about happiness in me. I see that everything I observe is what makes up my mind (not my brain). Therefore, my opinions of what I observe determine how I feel about my own self. Try it.

Everything you observe is observed within and constitutes your inner reality. It matters what you think about others, for your sake.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

If you are looking for happiness then have no opinion of what is observed, just see and hear (everything is passing). Thoughts might arise, however the thoughts are seen (observed), again have no opinion, if an opinion does arise then see (observe) that and have no opinion. A peaceful happy mind is an empty mind.
If you believe thoughts then you are making them matter.

'Trust in You' is about realizing the self and is a great way of pointing it back to you, bring it all back to you. Another way of saying 'trust in you' is 'I am'. The 'you' that you are trusting is 'this moment' because you are here.

Stay as the witness of thoughts, do not be the judge of them. You are the seer and hearer, the witness, the observer. If judgement arises that is also seen. In the end it doesn't matter what arises because it is all seen and known from stillness, calm. It is all contained in stillness, you are that stillness.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

it is ridiculous how far u can invent anything for powers abuse

who is that u to trust??? it is absurd, u do the trust and the trustee?? ohhh but u said pervertly, trust IN u
really?? which ones r u talking to? i guess they must know themselves, who are trusted by god to prove good slaves they are, like u
the bell ringin hell time

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

it is ridiculous how far u can invent anything for powers abuse

who is that u to trust??? it is absurd, u do the trust and the trustee?? ohhh but u said pervertly, trust IN u
really?? which ones r u talking to? i guess they must know themselves, who are trusted by god to prove good slaves they are, like u
the bell ringin hell time

You lost me at "Hello"!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

You lost me at "Hello"!

yea sure i loose all n choose hell, lets see worse then hell u then go to

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Great message Dark Ghost.

Additionally, I would like to add:
I have faith and hope in my Self. I understand that we are all one mankind. If I have faith and hope in my Self and understand that we are one... it helps me to realize there is hope within others. This allows me to have hope and faith in humanity.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

If you are looking for happiness then have no opinion of what is observed, just see and hear (everything is passing). Thoughts might arise, however the thoughts are seen (observed), again have no opinion, if an opinion does arise then see (observe) that and have no opinion. A peaceful happy mind is an empty mind.
If you believe thoughts then you are making them matter.

Everything you observe is observed by you and constitutes what you are in the moment of observation. At least see that. Then you'll see that you don't have to create an opinion, your opinion will naturally default into something defining what you see as good. Its not a forced thing. It is as you say, pure observation, but with the understanding that you are observing your own mind. Your opinion automatically changes to seeing everything as beautiful, or glorious. Confidence arises so you trust your situation.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

You lost me at "Hello"!

yea sure i loose all n choose hell, lets see worse then hell u then go to

You aren't making any sense but in case you haven't notice we are already living in HELL!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To get back on topic, OP thanks for the thread. It is needed in time like this where everything seems to be negative. Although just 3 words, they are powerful when you believe in it!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You aren't making any sense but in case you haven't notice we are already living in HELL!

o really?? euh wat hell r u living exactly freak? if hell is ur life then u r hell so as hell present ur existence is over it so worse

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

To get back on topic, OP thanks for the thread. It is needed in time like this where everything seems to be negative. Although just 3 words, they are powerful when you believe in it!

yea sure keep believing in u smarty, u can almost surprise us by getting over satan as worse

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I really do not understand the point you are trying to make. Care to rephrase?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

What is seen is neither good or bad, it is the mind that labels and it is not the mind that sees. 'Your' good/beautiful is an opinion, a judgement..
What is seen just IS.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

And it's beautiful, the suchness, the isness, not just beautiful, but cute and playful and inviting, because to be alive is to participate creatively with life. We don't just sit, indifferent, a nothing at all, which is not only boring, but not in alignment with the magnificent beauty of life. Buddhism, taken to the extreme, is nihilism, and it's coldhearted in its indifference.

The Buddha he was smiling for a reason over a secret joke, and it made him happy, not indifferent, not blaze about the whole affair.

edit on 11-4-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Or maybe...we really are "at cause", and life is what we make of it, and what we project into it...which brings a smile to the face, that kind of freedom and awareness, with nothing to worry over, and no fear, that's even better I guess when you really come to think of it, but it won't work, perfectly, the whole way around, until we, as civilized people, have figured out how to generate that same space for our fellow man, as any man, including the starving and the suffering for no reason other than man's own stupidy - that can run the risk of wiping the smile away from our face, if only there was a way to keep the joke alive..? That's the point I think where love get's stretched and extended even further, all the way to the Buddha-Christ mind/HEART, capable of accepting, wholly, the first noble truth that "life is sorrowful", then and only then can the smile that wipes away the tears from eyes, and that mirthful smirk, be restored, but oh the heartache of it all, and I guess that right there is where most hearts and minds crumble into cynicism and apathy, too bad for them, to collapse life itself into some kind of insult, when life had something altogether more expansive and inviting in mind, even if entirely pointless, or without an imperative, or condition. No wonder there's so few Buddha's and Jesus's eh, quite the predicament, this life, and the life it contains and is contained within.. Personally, I've come to suspect, rather strongly, that the ONLY possible, rational response, to life as it is and as we find it, is to become an absolute, unbridled and utterly enthusiastic OPTIMIST (to the nth degree), for reasons that are simply unreasonably reasonable.

Great love does shine too in the eyes of those African children, and men and women though, doesn't it..?

Maybe it's just US who were absurd in thinking that they are not happy? That works!

But it's both, there's no escaping it, the need for love as acceptance, and hey "the more that suffering has carved into our being, the more JOY we can contain!" (Gibran)

Best Regards, and Cheers!

NAM

P.S. That was addressed as an aside as much to myself as a reply to your message, just stream of consciousness rambling, so please don't take offence, I love all your posts and contributions isnewagain (typo left).

edit on 11-4-2012 by NewAgeMan because: self-goaded.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What is seen is neither good or bad, it is the mind that labels and it is not the mind that sees. 'Your' good/beautiful is an opinion, a judgement..
What is seen just IS.

But my opinions are all I have. Does not what you think about the world effect how you see it? Even though what I see just is, it is also seen with the filter of my opinions. Opinions are part of experience and are as valid as anything. When I experience something as bad, it is bad in my mind. What's there is neither good nor bad, but all I'll ever see will have been filtered through my mind.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I have overcome the world. The world only exists as a thought in the head. If you believe what the head is telling you then you are lost in illusion/delusion.
That's why you should only trust in you. You are not a thought, you are the seer and knower of thought.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I have overcome the world. The world only exists as a thought in the head. If you believe what the head is telling you then you are lost in illusion/delusion.
That's why you should only trust in you. You are not a thought, you are the seer and knower of thought.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

All is one so I am both. Everything is within. It's not delusion, its valid. But I agree with you, its better to have no opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join