It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what I saw!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks, i spend a lot of time looking up, im a bit of a hardcore amateur astronomer....been lurking for a while since 2012, Nibiru, Planet X etc etc seem to have a lot of ties in Astronomy, so it seemed logical to sign up and give my input and maybe try and push in a little bit of logic (LOL)

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EddyR3
reply to post by boncho

Thanks, i spend a lot of time looking up, im a bit of a hardcore amateur astronomer....been lurking for a while since 2012, Nibiru, Planet X etc etc seem to have a lot of ties in Astronomy, so it seemed logical to sign up and give my input and maybe try and push in a little bit of logic (LOL)

Thanks again

Many of us will be very happy to have you around. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Thanks Boncho, always nice to have a warm welcome!

Look forward to sharing some thoughts and ideas with everyone

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

Sounds like typical swamp gas bouncing off of the atmosphere at a 47.422 degree angle.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EddyR3

It was a single light that blinked and faded away, but it was close to a triangle looking constellation like the lights you showed but they didn't move I was just trying to give a landmark in the sky. It was pretty cool nonetheless I was staring at the sky asking for something to happen then boom blinking light. Thanks for all the help I'll have to look around more and familiarize myself here and see if I can find a similar thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Welcome Safetymeeting - interesting name. "Safety Meeting" is somewhat of a code among some members of my family for...well I can't really say what it means without violating the T&C of this website, but it's code for activities that you don't want the young ones to know about.

Anyway, it sounds to me like you saw a satellite spinning, but the sarcastic replies you got are typical replies from the alien visitation religion who mock people that believe in more mundane explanations for random lights in the sky. Whatever side of the fence you are on regarding alien visitation, be prepared for the mockery. While mocking visitation believers is strictly forbidden, you will see that mocking the doubters (or "disinfo agents" as we are called
)is just fine.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by safetymeeting
reply to post by EddyR3

It was a single light that blinked and faded away, but it was close to a triangle looking constellation like the lights you showed but they didn't move I was just trying to give a landmark in the sky. It was pretty cool nonetheless I was staring at the sky asking for something to happen then boom blinking light. Thanks for all the help I'll have to look around more and familiarize myself here and see if I can find a similar thread.

And there you have it, kid. The mind is a powerful thing. Stare long enough at the passing clouds wishing to see something, and eventually you'll make something out of its shape.

But no, seriously. A blinking light in the sky probably means something weird and creepy. Especially since it happened in a triangle shaped group of stars. Everyone knows triangles are like pyramids, which are like ancient Egyptian secrets, which make us think of the Mayans, which means this has something to do with 2012, which means this happening in the very year 2012 is Pretty Significant, which means Something Is Going To Happen, which means you better not travel and have to go through a TSA checkpoint any time this year because The Powers That Be are planning something like a New World Order or World War Three and the S is going to Hit the Fan all very soon, and Planet X which has been hiding out behind the Sun but it's going to pop up and say hi really soon, and you'll know this because look at all the warm weather and Earthquakes!

Phew...I think I covered just about everything but I probably left something out....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Ahhh your reply was much needed good sir I'm so happy somebody knows my
Name it was supposed to be my innuendo :p I'm going to post up tonight in my yard and try and see it again, as for which side of the fence I'm on..I like to walk across the middle dipping my toes onto each side gathering everyone's hypothesis and valuing them equally. "the day you stop learning is the day you stop living"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Welcome

cool story bro, needs more dragons and stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

I have skyrim for my dragon tales hahaha

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think a lot of 'sightings' are usually a fatham of imagination, the mind is a creation place and can create great things! Including things you 'think' are there.

The Triangle of stars could be anything within reason, there are lots of triangles in the sky from small clusters to small constellations. Either way, usually a flashing light is (or) can be:

Satellites - They do spin, also known as tumbling which give them a strobe like effect as the sun reflects off the solar arrays.

Iridium Flare - As they rotate the sun again reflects off of the arrays (this is more of a star thats moving that increases in brightness, to very bright usually mag -4 or similar then fades out)

Planes/Jets - Bit obvious

Stationary Flashes - Thats an unusual one. What direction and time were you viewing?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It wasn't my imagination I saw it blink 5 times, I thought it was my
Imagination the first time, and was skeptical the second time but 5 times? It was approximately 1:50 last night pacific time I'm in the northwest, I was sitting facing east but sitting in a chair looking straight up. I'll say again the triangle stars have nothing to do with this I was just giving a point of reference because I am a beginner star gazer I don't know any constellations other than the big dipper lol. I was looking straight into the sky it was more on the left side but close to 12 o clock, again the three stars dont pertain to the blinking, the light appeared just above these stars, blinked as bright as the stars, same color, size, looked exactly like a star. And it didn't move the blinking was stationary and each of the blinks was half as bright as before, until the last one then slightly faded away. I sat out there and stared at that same exact spot for twenty minutes and didn't see a thing. My phone was dead from listening to music so I came inside to check ATS for hopefully another thread that had already been posted but nothing
hah

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh my gosh. Chinese lanterns?! lol not saying that what the op saw was a ufo or anything paranormal, but come on. Everyone blames it on Chinese lanterns. I have never in my entire life seen just random chinese lanterns floating around on random occasions so i know that people all around the world dont go in their backyards every day launching lanterns. Lets at least thing of a more creative answer.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

Haha stand down soldier, I already went at him for the comment it was all meant for fun n games but thanks for gettin my back man!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I have been seeing some weird things in the sky here in NC. I am no expert but I know what I have been seeing at work for the past 2 months is no star. It looks like a star but its much brighter and moves around and then stays in place. I think whatever it is, its following me! I walked outside at work and this whatever moved across the sky in the area I was parked. I was not afraid! I sort of laughed and thought I think I have Alien Babysitters! Anyway, I have been seeing the same something for the past 2 months and finally reported it to MUFON last night. I have been taken before back in Sept-2006 on a bridge in Charleston, West Virginia and put on another Bridge about 1 or 2 miles from where I was located. I was found walking around in shock. I have never really payed that much attention to the sky until after this happened to me. I did not feel afraid, so Im just not going to worry about it. UFO'S are being seen all over the world. I think its time that we all pay attention to the sky! Best Wishes!
edit on 11-4-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Hahaha I totally know what you mean I wasn't afraid either, after it stopped and I was staring at that spot for a while I challenged it to blink again and taunted it (didn't work obviously) rainy night tonight otherwise I'd be out doing it all again! Cheers

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I have seen this for the past few years also and so have many others. I've replied to other threads on this subject.

While there are certain satellites that appear to blink and many other explanations I won't bother repeating here..... none explain the stationary "flashers" that appear to look almost like a huge camera flash from extremely far away.

Keep your eyes to the skies at night and you (and anyone else so inclined) will see it again.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm in Florida
edit on 4/11/2012 by dreams n chains because: info

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Why is it, people that spend a lifetime studying the night sky NEVER see anything odd, strange or weird, never a UFO, never abducted and remember, its these people that WANT to see something, myself included.

Id love nothing more than to see something i REALLY cannot explain, but in the 13 years ive studied Astronomy and been a keen Astronomer, i have never seen anything 'weird' and everything can be attributed to something.

Like i said, im not refusing belief of 'UFOs' its just in my experience that usually, if something is in the nightsky, it can be seen by lots of people, with lots of reports.

I was out with my brother 2 weeks ago, who is FAR from an astronomer but likes the nightsky, and EVERYTHING we saw he asked "Whats that?" Anyways, we saw the ISS and he laughed and said "Now tell me thats not weird" so i told him "Thats the ISS" he didnt believe me and said it was weird as hell.....

Well, ive seen the ISS many times, and even photographed it, so it just goes to show, if you want to believe something is WEIRD whilst being told that its the ISS then thats fine lol

EDIT/ADDITION - I spend ALL of my free time (when the clouds allow me) outside, looking up, i probably get out 3/4 times a week and spend usually an average of 5/6hours under the night sky, reports are usually from people who a) dont know what they are looking at and b) rarely look up, but on the odd occasion that they do, they see something "weird" so it must be a UFO or Aliens......that just seems the rule at the moment and im not saying that this is attributed to everyone, so please dont take offense

edit on 12-4-2012 by EddyR3 because: Added another self centered opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You saw a satellite, as it rotates and exposes it's reflective surfaces to sunlight it will appear to blink as the light is reflected to your direction, if it did not drift across the sky and disappear as it moved into Earth's shadow, then it was a star. As we all know they " Twinkle", and this is caused by Earth's atmosphere. Again, this effect can be accentuated by High thin cloud cover. The star will twinkle as water vapour moves between you and the light source. The constellation Andromeda is a triangle....

I just wanted to note, I feel I've actually evolved into a true ATS'r, I have provided my attempt to filter the Chaff and offer my debunk on 4 threads in 20 mins... Ha ha, Welcome to ATS, provide pics, info and make an attempt to identify your sighting or expect flames higher than those in hell.
edit on 4/12/2012 by Ilyich because: Purposed a constellation of stars as the object in question.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EddyR3

Well thank you for the response but if you read any of my posts I wasn't calling it a 'UFO' or claiming it to be. I was stating I saw a weird anomaly that I haven't experienced before and I wanted an educated explanation. Your just jealous I saw something and you didn't
hehehe just kiddin man.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join