It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Methodology for spreading the Word

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I was thinking by telling youngsters in this day and age that they must refrain from any kind of fun and maybe sex even I believe it has a negative impact on the Word.

I am looking for new way to empower a few of my friends who are going the Atheism route and reverting to Warf type of characters with a seemingly barbaric "we killed our Gods" attitude.

My peers are very stubborn and amidst all the rumors I have alot of my friends telling me that by me believing in Jesus that it is a sign of weakness and pretty much another word I will not type here. I believe that if you empower them with the word of Jesus like I had been by a music teacher then they may understand a little better and be willing to accept this.

this is the method I have already been using with two friends in fb, I told them that "dude Jesus lives in you" "you can't get him off your mind" then I proceeded to tell them to read 1:John in the same method I had been instructed... Things clicked for me and like alot of my friends I was big into Cosmology stuff and also Heavy Metal music.

I think we are dealing with a whole new generation of mindsets now a days and I was wondering that if even me being new to Jesus and all, would you folks who practice a religion specifically think this is a bad or dangerous route to fill them with the spirit?

some of my friends are actually depressed really they just show it with anger and divisions alot of times.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I was thinking by telling youngsters in this day and age that they must refrain from any kind of fun and maybe sex even I believe it has a negative impact on the Word.

That's a surefire way to win any young people over...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Yeah, It's probably best to keep your beliefs to yourself and practice your faith in a comfortable and personal fashion. Especially where children are concerned. If I caught wind of somebody telling my kids their dogmatic views, their personal safety would be at risk.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

That's a surefire way to win any young people over...

but woman came from man and man came from the dust of the earth whom God breathed life into. Other things in the world are not to be desired.

We all came from God, not just the Jews...
edit on 11-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

but woman came from man and man came from the dust of the earth whom God breathed life into. Other things in the world are not to be desired.

We all came from God, not just the Jews...

Someone told you that, which was told to others which was written in ancient texts. You believe it as the word of God. Others believe it to be nonsense.

Saying that we shouldn't desire anything because God breathed life into "the dust of the Earth" is all fine and dandy. But if you want to have kids there's only one thing that accomplishes that goal, and it sure ain't God coughing into sand...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
1:John 2:15

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1:John 2:16

16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
lust of the flesh being greedy in your own skin and being afraid to die... Lust of the eyes would be all that was made by mans hand not Gods.

1:John 2:21-22

21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Jewish people deny Jesus was the Christ, so wouldn't that mean they are the antichrist?

1:John 3:18

18My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
this means you are to serve truth and justice ect ect...

woman came from man, God created us and we know this is truth because we wouldn't even be here at all... we are of the light, all of us Gods children... just so many walking in darkness.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

we should desire Eve which God made for us a partner...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

And Charlie Sheen said unto man:

6. "Women are not to be hit, they're to be hugged and caressed."

7. "It's a polygamy story...All my guy friends are gonna like throw tomatoes at me. It's like an organic union of the hearts."

And so the disciples of old also spoke unto man:

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” Oscar Wilde

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by boncho

we should desire Eve which God made for us a partner...

Isn't that like lusting after your great great.... (x8457) grandma?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you tell me what happened in the events after eve was tempted by the jewish snake?

and they are that too... they like to keep YHWH just as the Catholic Pope says he is his voice.

God Bless America

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
so basically in a non-Jewish or Catholic Church controlled environment we have done just that...

feeling no guilt or shame or wrong doing for desire of the gift that was made for us... no per-marital sex must be so the antichrists can have virgins or something?

I just know sex before marriage is not breaking Gods laws, he would have struck us down and we would still be earth bound...

it is we who spawned two new ages... it is we who have been to the moon... it is we who had made so many inventions in a short 200 years and the Internet being one of them.

we're all Gods chosen people, you just must accept that Jesus is the Christ and let him into your heart.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

and obviously the truth would seem to be overwhelming... the desire if old men to lust after virgins, maybe they drink their blood to try to get it up again?

I mean they are all over the news man... they desire virgins of both sexes and are paying dearly for their sins.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

and obviously the truth would seem to be overwhelming... the desire if old men to lust after virgins, maybe they drink their blood to try to get it up again?

I mean they are all over the news man... they desire virgins of both sexes and are paying dearly for their sins.

This is a troll thread right?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

common now...

I am just searching for truth which obviously you can't handle?

would you have any refutes to my claims of the texts... surely the Jewish would not, any of the New Testament because it is not canon to them.

if you got no sword to wield you may leave this thread at any time... I am also curious why alot of people do not claim their American heritage birth right before they claim their beliefs? we are born on American soil and frolic thru its forest well in advance before we come to a religious or other belief system.

locale has alot to do with things as I am discovering also.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelLingus

Yeah, It's probably best to keep your beliefs to yourself and practice your faith in a comfortable and personal fashion. Especially where children are concerned. If I caught wind of somebody telling my kids their dogmatic views, their personal safety would be at risk.

I believe I said "my peers" and also the people who frequent the type of concerts I go to wouldn't be so young as you think... my buddy Eric who I am working on just turned 26, that's young to me, I remember 26 lol those were the days.

do you have any input or response to my claims of the text?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Sisyphus, For you, I'd prescribe:

1) Rest. Perhaps your body is tired and has deleteriously affected your mind;

In case that doesn't work,

2) Psychiatry;

If psychosis is not the issue, then:

3) Your attempt to mock and discredit true Christians is too thinly veiled -- refine your act some.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

not the true Christians my friend... just the Catholics and the Jews.

still none to debate my view of the text?

I follow the fish myself... not the one claiming to speak for him

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am looking for new way to empower a few of my friends who are going the Atheism route and reverting to Warf type of characters with a seemingly barbaric "we killed our Gods" attitude.

My peers are very stubborn and amidst all the rumors I have alot of my friends telling me that by me believing in Jesus that it is a sign of weakness and pretty much another word I will not type here. I believe that if you empower them with the word of Jesus like I had been by a music teacher then they may understand a little better and be willing to accept this.

this is the method I have already been using with two friends in fb, I told them that "dude Jesus lives in you" "you can't get him off your mind" then I proceeded to tell them to read 1:John in the same method I had been instructed... Things clicked for me and like alot of my friends I was big into Cosmology stuff and also Heavy Metal music.

I think we are dealing with a whole new generation of mindsets now a days and I was wondering that if even me being new to Jesus and all, would you folks who practice a religion specifically think this is a bad or dangerous route to fill them with the spirit?

some of my friends are actually depressed really they just show it with anger and divisions alot of times.

Nice that i clicked for you
. You cannot wake them up when they are not ready. When the student is ready the master appears. We all have our own road to walk to get it. I was an atheist thinker that read toltec new age at the right moment and found what is behind every religon. I went thru the wall when some walks only into the wall. Depression has it reasons. Some people have to fall all the way to wake up. At the bottom some lose their ego for a while and are never the same again. They know to much. Have fun playing around with understanding ego and duality. We might lose the ability to be smallminded in the future.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

1:John 2:15

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1:John 2:16

16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
lust of the flesh being greedy in your own skin and being afraid to die... Lust of the eyes would be all that was made by mans hand not Gods.

1:John 2:21-22

21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Jewish people deny Jesus was the Christ, so wouldn't that mean they are the antichrist?

1:John 3:18

18My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
this means you are to serve truth and justice ect ect...

woman came from man, God created us and we know this is truth because we wouldn't even be here at all... we are of the light, all of us Gods children... just so many walking in darkness.

If the behaviour is symbiotic (egoless) then there is nothing wrong with it and it is up to the people involved to decide if it is or not. If it is ego parasitic (service to self) then it's wrong. Sin and good and evil are just views and are to flexibale to be used to examine what is right or wrong. In it's purest for symbiotic service to all (and god) by all is where we will find heaven on earth. We are on earth now shown it's opposite in all it's corruption (service by all for few/one where the all suffers).

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Here ya go OP!

In following with Boncho's quote of esteemed, great men, here's some more relevant words of Friedrich Nietzsche. atheism.about.com...

The insane man jumped into their midst and transfixed them with his glances. "Where is God gone?" he called out. "I mean to tell you! We have killed him, you and I! We are all his murderers! But how have we done it? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the whole horizon? What did we do when we loosened this earth from its sun? Whither does it now move? Whither do we move? Away from all suns? Do we not dash on unceasingly? Backwards, sideways, forwards, in all directions? Is there still an above and below? Do we not stray, as through infinite nothingness? Does not empty space breathe upon us? Has it not become colder? Does not night come on continually, darker and darker? Shall we not have to light lanterns in the morning? Do we not hear the noise of the grave-diggers who are burying God? Do we not smell the divine putrefaction? - for even Gods putrify! God is dead! God remains dead! And we have killed him!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join