It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Survival: Ways to Make Money Without the Man. Post Yours!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A simple one, look up a recipe for biltong on the net. It's pretty much vinegar, and some toasted coriander seeds.

Buy a food dehydrator off amazon for about 40 quid.

Buy cheap steak in bulk, follow the recipe, bag up the finished biltong in 250g packs.

Count your money.

The only drawback to this is that you will probably eat more than you sell, because it's just so lovely.

Last time I made some, I used cheap rump steak off one of the travelling butchers that turns up to outdoor markets and such like. I made 5 kilos and my kids ate the lot in three days.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Fantastic thread. many people are out of work these days and you have given them great suggestions!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
Fantastic thread. many people are out of work these days and you have given them great suggestions!

Thanks. Unfortunately since I wrote this, at least one of the ideas in the OP is no longer possible. The website I wrote for and got paid for the article and then views on that article went away. I was no longer using it at the time it closed to produce new content, but still enjoyed the deposit I got each month for views. I need to write a new list and change the link in my signature line.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I have a cousin who says I should be writing for SteemIt to earn bitcoin. Any thoughts on that?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've been picking up odd things in charity shops and car boot sales with an aim to selling them online, I haven't quite got to the selling part yet.

I'm not sure you can make money from recycling here in the UK as you can in the US and Australia and I'm fairly sure we don't get paid for giving blood here either

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is more about SAVING money, than MAKING it, but all in all, isn't that the same thing?

CABLE - get rid of it. You can get a digital HD antenna from Amazon for around $10. This will get you all of the networks, and some other channels, about 30 to 50 total, depending on where you are. Next, get internet (assuming you have it already), but just have this only. You can even get it through your cell company. Finally, get an Amazon Firestick, and use the jailbreak technique on it. Pretty much gives you everything, and all this costs you is the price of electric and wi-fi for the month.

SHOPPING - shop the sales, use coupons, use BOGO (buy one get one) specials, etc. It's amazing how much you can save here. Discount stores such as family supermarkets, Aldi, Save a Lot, etc. are also good ways to save (though you can't get everything there).

GAS CARDS - Here, a supermarket chain (Publix), every 3 weeks, has a deal where you can get a $50 gas card for $40, for each $50 in groceries you get. We typically will do our shopping, and pick up about 3 of these cards (just saved $30 on gas).

MEAL PLAN - Plan out meals for the week, month, etc. Get enough to have leftovers for lunches. Plan these meals in conjunction with sales (use the ads). Be aware of food stretchers (like rice, pasta, to use less meat and still be filling). Soups, stews, salads, and sandwiches are great money savers.

COOKED PET FOOD - We save a lot doing this (as we have a lot of pets). Crocking some cat and dog food (all kinds of recipes online) is way cheaper than buying canned food. And better for them. We keep each type in big tupperware containers in the fridge, and just use this each night to feed. Cheap meats like canned mackeral (can get it at the dollar store), chicken livers or gizzards or hearts (usually all a dollar and change per pound), etc. work great for this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join