It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF!: Dow Jones Drops more than 200 Points!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is very worrying. The Dow Jones has dropped to a two-month low by falling 214 points:

DJIA 12716 -214 (-1.65%)

www.dowjones.com...

edit on 11-4-2012 by chemistry because: image

edit on 11-4-2012 by chemistry because: typo

edit on 11-4-2012 by chemistry because: video

edit on 11-4-2012 by chemistry because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
OK.... so where is the #? And where is the fan???

Call me when gas goes up 10 more cents and i'll show you # hitting the fan!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Actually why is this worrying? They all need correction of some 10 per cent or more.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

dropped for a 5th straight day?

Par for course, barely in the 2nd quarter, guess it WILL be down 4000 by DEC 2012 afterall

*CRASH*

edit on 11-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You guys are ridiculous. It was less than a year ago that it was teetering on 10,000 on and off and everyone was calling the crash. Here we are, way above 10,000 and people are calling a crash.

Get a grip on reality.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yup, just when this started this morning, CNBC talking heads were noticing the sudden drop and change in technicals and during the cut to commercial swore on air when they looked at the charts.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by intrepid because: Non-relevent material removed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
52 week 10,404.49 - 13,297.11

Source

Call me when people start jumping out the window for it going down not as low than lows it saw in the previous year.

edit on 11-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
glad i was able to cash out my 401k last month after losing my job.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
lol a 1.65% drop is nothing, its a small correction if that.
The markets will probably drop further in the next few days but its still just a correction from a heavily overbought market.
Everything is normal at the moment.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
You guys are ridiculous. It was less than a year ago that it was teetering on 10,000 on and off and everyone was calling the crash. Here we are, way above 10,000 and people are calling a crash.

Get a grip on reality.

This.

It doesn't take a lot for a government to pump this up a little and make it go away.

But, there is also a greater chance of Spain needing a bailout, Greece defaulting on it's debt, or a revolution in a European nation (and the chances of all three happening at once are remarkably high too), and if that happens when the markets are weak it won't matter how much money a government pumps into the system. It'll be like trying to pump up a burst balloon.

Relax, the crash will come. It is inevitable. Spain is a ticking bomb, and their bond yields have already passed the indicator mark for a bailout, one that would not be affordable by the Euro nations.

Imagine, we already know that Greece will need another bailout or it'll leave the Euro currency. This is not theory, it's fact. The Euro nations can afford this with the money they have in place.
But with Spain now indicating a bailout for them is likely too, this will be an impossibility.

Either Greece, Spain or Portugal will be leaving the Euro this year, what that means for the rest of us is open to debate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
In general, the Dow trend is up except for the end of the tax season (mid April - end of May) when all those checks go to the IRS and the "Autumn fall" (start of September - end of October). Remember that this is an average across many decades and that the "Autumn fall" does not always come to be as was the case in the 1910s and 1940s. In the 1990s, the "Autumn fall" has started one and a half months early.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
200 points is a small correction. If you had added a zero on to the end of that ... 2000 points .. then I'd say there was something to be taking attention of. But not 200. That's just another day at the stock market.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The stock market goes up and down. It's nothing to worry about. The profit takers see a way to make money. The retirement pensions can somewhat stabilize it because people are penalized from removing them. The stock market is a risky venture, most businesses stock far exceeds the value of the assets of the companies. Why people invest in these companies is puzzling to me. Why pensions are invested in these high risk companies is puzzling to me too. Must be something to do with campaign contributions and the media or just the desire of people to gain wealth without actually working. Puzzles me how this scam has lasted this long, especially since the same scenario was evident before the great depression. Oh well, it may be better to invest in stocks than the government that is supposed to be watching after it I suppose. Boy, I ramble on mindlessly with my thoughts on my posts, I gotta quit doing that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
OK.... so where is the #? And where is the fan???

Call me when gas goes up 10 more cents and i'll show you # hitting the fan!!

Lmfao. You took the words right out my mouth!!!

Jeez filled up my car this morning...... 55 bucks regular unleaded ( 1992 acura legend w/ 253,000 miles on it. Runs perfect! ) last month was 38 bucks a fill up. Oh and the PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL ONLY label on my gas cap....... Sureeeeeeee... Lol.

Thats a good question who has switched to regular from premium since the rise and fuel as began?

I know i have. I got off premium in february. Car runs the same! Sup with that dare i say conspiracy!!!! Bwahhhaahahahaaahhaaa.....!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Markets are rigged what did you expected

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

glad i was able to cash out my 401k last month after losing my job.

You do realize that if you have not reached that magic age you will get hit with huge penalties on top of the unpaid income tax? Don't you???

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Basically the S### has never hit the fan for one single day in anyones life.
So what makes them think it's going to hit now??

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
this seems to happen every couple of months.

Always always.

Remember to buy low and sell high!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
SHTF for a 200 drop on the dow jones

then the SHTF already happened hundreds of times

When it will be a 2000 drop in a single day
the famous expression will be maybe more appropriate but even then

SHTF = When all Hell break loose on earth
we should be carefull when we use that term

new topics

top topics