It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum suspends US presidential campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Basically the road is now clear for Mitt Romney to take the presidency. I think it is discusting how Ron Paul has been suppressed, and how the secret ballots have been taking place. Check out this story from the BBC:

(BBC) Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has ended his bid for the White House, leaving Mitt Romney as the presumptive nominee.

The former Pennsylvania senator made the announcement at a news conference in the city of Gettysburg.

"While this presidential race is over for me, we are not done fighting," said Mr Santorum, a social conservative.

He had been campaigning in Pennsylvania, his home state, ahead of its primary on 24 April.

But he was far behind Mr Romney in terms of funding and was in danger of losing the state for the second time in six years, analysts said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm sorry, but does this whole thing seem corrupt and pre-ordained to you? From what I have been reading, Ron Paul seems to have been the most popular candidate due to his pro-constitution and common-sense views.

(BBC) Texas Congressman Ron Paul congratulated the former senator on running a "spirited campaign". Mr Paul has the fewest delegates but, like Mr Gingrich, has refused to pull out of the contest.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is there any hope for America now?
edit on 11-4-2012 by chemistry because: citation

edit on 11-4-2012 by chemistry because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Commentary by Steven Kingstone (BBC News, Washington):

To all intents and purposes, the Republican race is over. With Rick Santorum out, Mitt Romney can focus solely on Barack Obama. His message is that the president has failed America on the economy - burdening small businesses with tax and regulations, while widening the deficit through what he says is an obsession with government spending.

The Obama campaign fully expected Mitt Romney to be the nominee. In a statement, it accused the multi-millionaire challenger of trying to buy the election - through negative adverts funded by special interests. And it claimed the more the American people saw of Mr Romney, the less they liked and trusted him. It all points to a brutal and very personal campaign.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Unless Ron Paul wins as an Independent, we are doomed. Neither Obama or Romney will be good for this country. Obama will continue his destruction of the Constitution. Romney will be beholden to the big corporations. So, once again, the little guy will be the loser. Good-bye America. It was nice while it lasted.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
sorry already posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join