It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wot would be your best movie quotes of all time,which ranks best!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"On a long enough timeline, the survivability rate for everyone falls to zero."

Narrator.....Fight Club

That is just a statement that puts it all in perspective. Difficult to pick just one from a movie comprised of one liners.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Michael Caine In "The Italian Job"..................Your only supposed To Blow The Bloody Doors Off

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"Why do I have to be Mr Pink? Because your a fagot that's why."

"The truth? You can't handle the truth."

"Is anybody out there a marine biologist?"

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

My link didn't work. Here it is:-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
"you're mocking me, aren't you"
Buzz lightyear - Toy story
Gets me everytime!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Hey guys.......big gulps eh?......alright....well....see ya later!"

"It's a place where the beer flows like wine...."

"Dear gas men....how'd they know I have gas?"

Dumb and Dumber

"You've found your heart....now have the courage to follow it"

Braveheart

Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you've spoken to the darkness. In the bitter, watches of the night. When all your life seems to shrink. The walls of your bower, closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing. So fair, so cold. Like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill"

LOTR - wormtongue

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thingol
"Hey guys.......big gulps eh?......alright....well....see ya later!"

"It's a place where the beer flows like wine...."

"Dear gas men....how'd they know I have gas?"

Dumb and Dumber

"You've found your heart....now have the courage to follow it"

Braveheart

Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you've spoken to the darkness. In the bitter, watches of the night. When all your life seems to shrink. The walls of your bower, closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing. So fair, so cold. Like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill"

LOTR - wormtongue

Braveheart.................One Of The Best Comedy Films Ever

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"There are laws that enslave men, and laws that make men free."

------ Sean Connery, First Knight

"Snakes. Why'd there have to be snakes?"

-------Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark

Soldier: "There is a war going on. How is it you are headed west?"
Hawkeye: "Well, I face north, and real sudden-like, turn left."

-------- Last of the Mohicans

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Rule number 2, double tap!

Awesome! Good one love zombie land.
Rule 30 don't be a hero.

Can't remember the movie.(Anyone remember please add the name)
"Your a detective right?"
"Yes"
"...Then detect!..."

Here is one we all know.
"Remember remember the 5th of november"

And lastly...
"Dave's not here man..."

The big lebowski
"Obviously your not a golfer"
"It was a aquatic marmet"
"The china man isn't the issue dude"
edit on 11-4-2012 by JAY1980 because: To add best quote's ever...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Trailer Park Boys is a Canadian cult classic...but it is scripted (even though you wouldn't know it!). If you are American, you have the real deal ---> "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia"

Narrator - At your funeral, what do you want people to do?
Mamie White - "Party their balls off, blow pot in my face and snort pills on my head, f**kin' rock and roll baby!"

edit on 11-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2012 by jtrenthacker because: Embed video

Robert Shaw - Jaws. The best monologue ever. Plus he was really #faced during this scene.
edit on 11-4-2012 by jtrenthacker because: Video problems

edit on 11-4-2012 by jtrenthacker because: Finally figured out how to embed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Fulp Piction.

*Picks up whole burger, next cut, it's already half eaten*

"Mmmm! That Is A Tasty Burger!"

edit on 11-4-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"Living forever isn't the trick....living with yourself forever, that's the trick"

Captain Sparrow's Father ( Kieth Richards) in Pirates of the Caribbean.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh I love these:

Best line for me so far has to be from X-Men: First Class:

German: Who... What are you?
Eric: You can call me Frankenstein's monster and I'm looking for my creator.

I have a few others that either make me laugh or cry no matter how many times I watch the said movies. So in no particular order...

President Thomas 'Tug' Benson: [Narrating under water] And so, we were off. Just two questions were going through my head: Will we make it in time? [Voice starts getting higher] And why did I bring helium instead of air? - Hot Shots Part Deux

Old Rose: 1,500 people went into the sea when Titanic sank from under us. There were twenty boats floating nearby, and only one came back. One. Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six, out of 1,500. Afterward, the 700 people left in the boats had nothing to do but wait... wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution, which would never come. - Titanic

Will Donner: I'm imagining a day when I get up, and I know that I will not see you, because you're far away. Okay, I will not see you, no chance, will not. And now, now I'm imagining a day when I get up and I know that I might see you. Okay might, could, maybe... Of those two days, that's the day I want, that's the day I choose. - Waiting For Forever

And last but certainly not least:

President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! - Dr Strangelove

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
"Tear this ship apart until you've found those plans,
and bring me the passengers, i want them alive!!"

Star Wars- Darth Vader.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LORD OF THE RINGS--- SOLOMON

A NEW POWER IS RISING!!!!!

and austin powers, goovey baby YEAH!
edit on 11-4-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
" your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off "

Michael Caine in The Italian Job

" Ok , thanks a lot Lord for opening my eyes - I ask you for penance and you send me this through the door "

Harvey keitel spies de niro's jonny boy entering the bar while jumping jack flash blasts through the coolest entrance in cinema history .

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"You need to ease up outta my face before sumtin bad happens to ya." ~ Will Smith / Men in Black

"I am Completely out of ammo. That's never happened to me before." ~ Burt Gummer

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
From Outlaw Josey Wales:

Josey Wales : "It's like that, I get to liken somebody and they ain't around long"

Chief Watey: "I noticed when you get to dislikeing somebody they ain't around long neither"

From Predator "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Big Trouble in Little China: Lopan - "What these friends of yours? Now this really pisses me off to no end
edit on 4/11/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.
--Conan the Barbarian

Willard: [voice-over] How many people had I already killed? There were those six that I knew about for sure. Close enough to blow their last breath in my face. But this time, it was an American and an officer. That wasn't supposed to make any difference to me, but it did. #... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500. I took the mission. What the hell else was I gonna do?

Kurtz: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

And...

Col. Kilgore explaining why they will be successful in the next days raid:

"Charlie don't surf!"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join