It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Participation Dream Experiment Launches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I found this article on ScienceDaily's website and thought it was an interesting experiment. This is the first I have heard of it and perused ATS search hoping to already find an existing topic but to no avail.

Is it possible to influence people as they sleep and give them their perfect dream? April 10 sees the launch of a new study that uses a specially designed iPhone app in an attempt to improve the dreams of millions of people around the world. If successful, the study will allow people to create their perfect dream and so wake up feeling especially happy and refreshed.

Keeping in one of the many ATS fashions, I feel any experiments conducted on a mass scale can be considered conspiratorial, especially when involving one's dreams.

Each night Wiseman will collect thousands of dream reports and use the information to discover whether it is possible to give the world sweet dreams. "The app is free and we want as many people as possible to participate," noted Wiseman. "I have conducted many mass participation experiments in the past, but this is by far the most ambitious and exciting."

So what do you think ATS, will you be part of the experiment?

Here is an excerpt and a link to the site offering the free App. I must say, it is an interesting concept that delves into the possibilities of actually connecting everyone on a globally conscious level, at least in the dream world, if that truly exists that is. Not sure I would want others directing my dreams, but I may download the App and give it a once over just for the entertainment value.

Do you want to create your perfect dream? Perhaps you would like to dream about taking a relaxing stroll through the countryside, being able to fly, or lying on a sun drenched beach? Would you like to wake up feeling refreshed and happy? Then Dream:ON.

Full Science Daily Article

ETA: Scratch that, it's ONLY for the "i" folks, apparently Android users are not good enough to partake in the experiment, nonetheless, if any iPad/Phone/Pod users try this out, please feel free to post any comments in this thread.
edit on 4/10/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
No android? Oh well?

Don't apple users have their own collective consciousness already?

It sounds like an interesting but ambitious experiment. Like you say, I don't think I'd like someone dictating my dreams. It seems as though if successful the technique could be used for nefarious purposes. Perhaps you could program someone as they sleep.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Interesting concept but it looks like it just uses soundscapes. I already have loads of ambient & psychedelic music that puts me in other worlds.

Also, I think that the dreamtime connections with others transcend relativistic time, meaning we can connect to those who listen to the same music in the past and future, especially if they have an intent on connecting.
edit on 4/10/2012 by circlemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have allways refrained from having the tv or radio on while I sleep because I dont want commercials to influence my subconscious mind.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
I have allways refrained from having the tv or radio on while I sleep because I dont want commercials to influence my subconscious mind.

indeed
as an occultist who's been on the receiving end of the Dark Side
i can't see participating as very wise, dream diaries should NEVER
be kept on computers or phones connected to the internet.
HELLO. why would i want to profile my self by publishing
in great detail my innermost desires?
i have no intention providing info for databases or of leaving a window open into my Dreaming mind

network?
zombienet?

the guy's name is

WISEMAN

an archetype, for pete's* sake .....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Keeping in one of the many ATS fashions, I feel any experiments conducted on a mass scale can be considered conspiratorial, especially when involving one's dreams.

what about you?
will you be hooking up?

my, you're being coy.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, I cannot see what all the negativity is about! When a physicist obtains a strange result and calls it x we want to see greater scope added to his experiment to prove that the result is not an anomoly, but when psychological tests of this nature are concerned, we balk at the massive exposure of our precious minds to whatever influence might be bought to bear! We cannot have our cake and eat it!

My attitude to this, is that finally someone is actually attempting some scientific rigor where dream research is concerned, and this is important work. Huge swathes of the population are sufferers of one or another form of mental dysfunction, and it is widely accepted that some of the worlds most driven and successful men and women are in fact psychopaths. In such a world, I think that wide spectrum tests of this nature are key to unlocking the potential of the human mind, and may give startling insights into the functions of our deep psyche as a people.

Psychology has long been regarded as what some refer to as a "soft" science, having as it does on occasion, a rather wooly headed approach to thoroughness, and also being exposed to so many moral considerations, it is less forthcoming with hard results, data upon which to build new theories. A test of this size is the very building block of a new and more valid approach to psychology as a science, rather than a lead in to the legion of self help BS manuals you can purchase at any book store.

I would be up for getting involved, but I do not own a mobile device that would support the test, so I am counted out for that reason. However I can clearly see the benifit of such a sizeable group of subjects being gathered for one experiment, and wish all the very best of luck to the subjects, and the people conducting the research.

new topics

top topics

join